Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

They will be beaten and I think it may be this year. I think they only ones fit for it are the Ogs and the Clans. The Harps or Dromintee havent the goolies for it and Mullaghbawn havent the players  - which is unfortunate cause they do have the goolies! The Clans would need a lot to go right for them but are capable of making this happen and a big strength they have is they certainly arent overwhelmed by Cross like other temas are. The Ogs are in a better position than most with the panel they have but my problem with them is that they never seem to play anywhere near as well as their team sheet suggests they might do.

brokencrossbar1

I love when this old chestnut pops up.  I thougt when the draw was made that this would be Dromintees year to beat them.  I tought they would get them on the bounce as I thought the first round would have been at the normal end April/start May. 
With it being pushed back this suits Cross better than anyone as not only do they have the best first 15, they have a second string which would make most teams, but they are young.
A few games under the belt in the league will bring them on and the squad will only get stronger.  They could be beaten but it will take a situation where everything goes right for a team and Cross have a very bad day.  Can't see it happening to be honest.

Uladh

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 24, 2008, 12:41:24 PM
I think they only ones fit for it are the Ogs and the Clans. The Harps or Dromintee havent the goolies for it and Mullaghbawn havent the players  - which is unfortunate cause they do have the goolies!

Have you any evidence that Ogs or Clans have any more balls than the other two? i would suggest its the opposite actually as Ogs and clans have better players than dromintee in particular and haven't gotten the job done.

IVEDECIDED

Of course you have a point uladh and that remains to be seen but its only my opinion. And as for you brokebackmountain I was wondering why the championship wasnt till August - now I know. :D ;)

brokencrossbar1

Good to see you argue a point ivennoknob.  Tell me, what basis do you use to say that Clans will bat Cross this year?  While I can see Ogs putting up a strong challenge, in my view, Clans do not have the talent.  Take Bumpy and Diarmuid out of the team and they have no one of real class.  The reality is that there are 5-6 players of equal if not more ability tahn these two on the Cross team.  The difference is that the other 8-9 that play are not too far off either.  I wouldn't matter when Cross play I think they will win, I just think that by the first round being out back, it will make it easier for them to win ;D

IVEDECIDED

Your right Brokenrecord1 take them two outta the Clans team and they are a young side, agreed. But lets be honest are the Cross much different - you take the Kernans, Mac Entees, Oisin, Bellew, Murtagh, Donaldson and Mac Namee outta the Cross team and they are pretty one dimensional too.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

brokencrossbar1

What is it they say about not arguing with a fool? ::)

doire na raithe

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 24, 2008, 01:00:56 PM
Good to see you argue a point ivennoknob.  Tell me, what basis do you use to say that Clans will bat Cross this year?  While I can see Ogs putting up a strong challenge, in my view, Clans do not have the talent.  Take Bumpy and Diarmuid out of the team and they have no one of real class.  The reality is that there are 5-6 players of equal if not more ability tahn these two on the Cross team.  The difference is that the other 8-9 that play are not too far off either.  I wouldn't matter when Cross play I think they will win, I just think that by the first round being out back, it will make it easier for them to win ;D

what do you mean by that?

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 23, 2008, 04:38:42 PM
Dromintee
Clans
Mullaghbawn
Cross
Cullaville

Maybe you didnt hear me the first time son! ;)

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: doire na raithe on April 24, 2008, 01:19:12 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 24, 2008, 01:00:56 PM

what do you mean by that?

Dont worry about the lingo they do things their own way in South Armagh - which includes thier own language which cant be understood by anyone else. I think it roughly translates to, ' Id love to go with my sister' give or take. :D :D :D

doire na raithe

I'm from South Armagh... but I take your point.

brokencrossbar1

For the legends of pedantry, it was a typo.  It should have read "I just think that by the first round being put back, it will make it so much easier for them to win"

doire na raithe

oh right and why do you think that? More time to prepare is that what your saying?

brokencrossbar1

Quotebrokencrossbar1

Re: Armagh Club football & hurling
« Reply #6281 on: Today at 12:46:41 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love when this old chestnut pops up.  I thougt when the draw was made that this would be Dromintees year to beat them.  I tought they would get them on the bounce as I thought the first round would have been at the normal end April/start May. 
With it being pushed back this suits Cross better than anyone as not only do they have the best first 15, they have a second string which would make most teams, but they are young.
A few games under the belt in the league will bring them on and the squad will only get stronger.  They could be beaten but it will take a situation where everything goes right for a team and Cross have a very bad day.  Can't see it happening to be honest.

My original post

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 24, 2008, 01:14:51 PM
Your right Brokenrecord1 take them two outta the Clans team and they are a young side, agreed. But lets be honest are the Cross much different - you take the Kernans, Mac Entees, Oisin, Bellew, Murtagh, Donaldson and Mac Namee outta the Cross team and they are pretty one dimensional too.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ivedecided i had to laugh when you posted that :D. You just named 11 players there son ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch