Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Catch

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 12, 2007, 02:27:53 PM
QuotePints, you seem to have this opinion that certain teams, such as your own, are better off in Division 2.  Surely Division 1 football brings the team to the next level and improves individual players.

At a certain stage yes high catch but the team have to be ready for the next level.
If a team is rebuilding and bringing in a lot of very young players - like the bridge have - they need some time to gel together, get a system of play going, get the confidence up etc - being beat every week in division 1 will not help that.

Fair enough.
Will you be 100% behind the Bridge's push for promotion next year or would you rather they stay in Division 2 for another year or two?

pintsofguinness

Always behind the 'bridge's push for promotion as the heart rules the head.
I think we would have went up this year if it wasn't for all the injuries, we'll go up when we're ready but I'll be disappointed if it's not next year. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

billy the kid

**COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION**
           **COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION****COMPETITION**

Hi Everyone Ive Set up a new organisation for club players called The Continuity GPA.  We are only in our infancy and are in need of much needed funds so we are in the fund raising process at the minute.

Our finance comitteee has come up with an ingenious fund raising idea and it only costs 1 slice of humour to enter.

Its called 'GUESS HOW MUCH BEER WOULD FIT IN DESSIE FARRELLS HEAD'

The winner gets a full size model of Dessie Farrells Head (if enough clay can be found) filled with beer.

What a prize it will keep you and ten of your friends drinking from now until the far side of Christmas.

I guess 14 and a half kegs.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

bennydorano

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 12, 2007, 01:46:16 PM
I don't know how good Cruppen are in comparison to previos winners Benny, but I would say that winning the u-21's is a good barometer of how they would fair at senior.

They got to the final beating no one of consequence (including the harps who were poor) and benefited from the stronger teams knocking each other out, but the record books aren't going to highlight that.  Having said that they seem to be a club on the up.

upthecrups

Quote from: bennydorano on November 12, 2007, 04:00:21 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 12, 2007, 01:46:16 PM
I don't know how good Cruppen are in comparison to previos winners Benny, but I would say that winning the u-21's is a good barometer of how they would fair at senior.

They got to the final beating no one of consequence (including the harps who were poor) and benefited from the stronger teams knocking each other out, but the record books aren't going to highlight that.  Having said that they seem to be a club on the up.

Who would you reckon the stronger sides are???
Cross got beat by granemore, kileavy beat granemore and Cruppen beat kileavy.
What makes you think they wouldn't have beat Cross?
Only other team of note is Dromintee, who Tir na Og beat and Cruppen beat them handy.
They also beat Cullyhanna well up there after them drawing with the Ogs.

Don't really see where your coming from benny ???

billy the kid

If a team wins a county Championship they have every right to be called the best team in the county.

If these so called stronger teams were so strong whoever came through that side must have been formidable and Cruppin beat them!

Cruppin are in a very good progressive position Seniors are competing very well senior level and the U21 win will give them a shot in the arm BUT it gurantees nothing .  

they must build on this by bringing through a significant number of these players to senior panel and team in next few years and also by backing it up with more underage success so as a 'conveyor belt' of talent will feed the seniors so as they will not only be able to compete but to Challenge in the future.

Well done Cruppin.

Does anyone know for certain where the Ulster club semis are dis weekend and what times

If it moves hit it

diesel-smuggler

benny the expectations and standards set by armagh harps must be extremely hard as they provided us with the toughest game in the under 21 championship campaign this year and you called them a poor side!

if our performance against you lot was the only one that you had seen then judging us an ordinary team is a bit harsh!

we gathered the tuesday night for a first training session, had another on the thursday then played the first round on the saturday. therefore it was our first competitive game as a team together since minors 2 seasons ago.

we targetted winning the championship and six weeks later the we had reached our target as worthy winners!

holylandsniper

QuoteAll this and only 3 out of the starting line out not available for next year.
which 3?

winsamsoon

Some people just like bickering. For christ sake Cruppen won the u-21 title and fair play to them . In games if a team plays well and gets beat they still get beat. Lets not have sour grapes about getting beat. Cruppen totally deserve to be champions and i never watched one game. They deserve it because the beat everyone who was put in front of them. Every other team in the race for the title didn't. So again well done Cruppen on yor success.
On another note, have any of you guys received questionnaires from your clubs about the GAA in general??? it asks about  the dynamics of the GAA and is it in touch with modern society. It also asks will the GAA be as popular in 10 years time. Did any other Armagh clubs give these out ?? If so are they in response to the GPA ??? Or are we going to see some future improvements.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

umgolaarmagh

What is the GPA doing for club football?

gander

f**k all, not doing much for county football either from what I can see.

Onion Bag

Is there an U21 Ulster Campaign like the minors and seniors?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

billy the kid

No under 21 ulster!! not every county has an U21 championship.

The GPA are only doing things for and only interested in the elite few.

If every county fields without them wait and see how long it is until they start coming back to training and games. They are only out for themselves if they wont play with the considerable benefits they already get and for love of the game and pride in the jersey

GOOD RIDDANCE YOU BUNCH OF C**TS

Also we must Remember alot of county players arent members and another large section will never strike but just voted the way they were pressurised into If we continue without them they have nothing left
If it moves hit it

gaagaa

will oisin be borrowing the refs pen to give ryan a signed copy of this book? ;D

Aghdavoyle

Its the gpa's fault that there's no u21 ulster campaign for cruppe? where were your complaints every other year?

it rained this evening, i suppose that's down to the gpa too!

here's a question... what have you done for club footballers?