Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

say nothin

what time is Cross V Dromintee game tongiht?

Shortso79

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: say nothin on August 25, 2007, 04:15:59 PM
what time is Cross V Dromintee game tongiht?

Is this match going to be on the internet ?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

PatDaly

15 minutes left and the score is Dromintee 0-02 Crossmaglen0-07

pintsofguinness

f**k me a hour and half of my life and 7 quid I'll never get back  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

downtown

what was the final score in cross game

pintsofguinness

I left a few minutes before the end and it was 9 - 2.

It was 5 - 0 at half time, Dromintee didn't score until ten minutes into the second half.  Atrocious game, maybe both teams would have been happier fighting it out down in the carpark!

Cathal O'Rourke was sent from the line to the stand in the first half and then he came on as a sub with a few minutes left  :-\

PatDaly

Final Score: Dromintee 0-02 Crossmaglen 0-10

winsamsoon

The game was close until the ball was thrown in. On a more entertaining note, a certain mr Cathal o' rouke was sent off into the stand whilst in a managerial position for what else???? Yes slabbering at the referee. He actually went onto the field to confront the ref when his brother was not awarded a free kick. But the best is still to come. After having been sent off he then brought himself on as sub. :D :D :D Surely this can't be legal???? I am interested in the replies.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

to be fair Martin O'Rourke was after been pushed to ground and stood on by cross number 4.

(He did throw his leg up and near kicked the fella in the face and did the same to John Donaldson in the second half) 

Compare that to the soft free kick oisin got in the same place at the beginning of the second half.

Armagh Exile

A couple of things about this evenings game at Silverbridge.
Was £7 admission fee not a bit steep for a replay.  Surely £5 would have been sufficient especially for families from both clubs?
Regarding Cathal O'Rourke sending off and out of pitch side by the referee.  What rule in the Official Guide gives a referee authority to send anyone outside pitch side?
When the referee did sent O'Rourke off why did he let him come on as a subsitute for Dromintee?
There was only one team in it this evening and that was Crossmaglen Rangers who shot at least a dozen wide balls during the first half, still scored ten, could have had a goal whilst limiiting Dromintee to just two points - the first of which arrived after forty minutes of this game.
Crossmaglen will be hard to beat and I cannot see any of the remaining four teams toppling them as they go for a dozen titles in a row.

winsamsoon

I think i ask that question exile. You know the one why o' rourke was allowed to come on after being sent off. Oh and a ref has the authority to send any official from the pitch during a game, this can be found in the official rule book. Pog o'rourke was hit with a fair shoulder that is why he fell so to say he was pushed is wrong. Granted the cross guy then stood over him and he threw his feet in the air. The ball should have been thrown up. Despite the decision Cathal O' Rourke has no right entering the field of play to protest. He sould stay on the sideline and leave his grievances in writing after the game. He should also have left the field of play at half time peacefully as it was a disgrace that a team who do so much buming and blowing couldn't manage a single score in the first half of a championship game. It looks like after 2007 Dromintees roll of honour will still read nothing.

pintsofguinness

QuotePog o'rourke was hit with a fair shoulder that is why he fell so to say he was pushed is wrong. Granted the cross guy then stood over him and he threw his feet in the air.

No.  He was pushed as he was bending over for the ball (actually I think he was pushed to the ground twice) and the cross number 4 had his boot on O'rourke's chest.  If that's not a free I don't know what is!

winsamsoon

Well yourself and i were both at the game and we can't agree on an interpretation of the incident so i guess to criticise a ref (as O'Rouke did) was not the correct thing to do.

orangeman

Regardless of whether O'Rourke was right or wrong, it sounds like Dromintee got an almight hiding from Cross - is anybody going to stop them now ? They're a awesome team - will O'Rourke now get a suspension ?