Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goh4205

Well i wouldn't want to be either according to what i hear re: there preformance against Ballymacnab.  Winsamsoon suggest uladh gets very touchy when someone has a go at jimmy mckee, and from what i've read a few posts back I think he's right.  So I made an assumption from this that he was an ogs man.

winsamsoon

I think i also stated a few pages back that when teams are and have been successful in the past (ie Cross present/ clans Past) People let jealousy eat away at them and they adopt a policy of hatred towards a particular team. Where as my personal few would be to wish teams like the Cross good luck in the championship, the obvious exception being if they were playing the clans  :D. Iam all for winning at any costs in football but when certain members ie referees or any official in particuar enters the field of play to deliberately cheat then this takes things to a different level. Uladh i have no idea what that ironic post you made a couple o pages ago meant. But you do seem to get very touchy when anyone mentions jimmy mc kee. Maybe you are his bookie  :D ( I know this was an unproven rumour before you bring this up pints as your usual sharp self)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

David McKeown

Pints

Couldnt be worse than some we have had this year.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

umgolaarmagh

So your from Louth and not from Cross, sure its the same place is it not, plenty of former Louth men playing for Cross  :P

thebandit

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on August 21, 2007, 07:36:11 AM
So your from Louth and not from Cross, sure its the same place is it not, plenty of former Louth men playing for Cross  :P

And Culloville men, and Cullyhanna men!!!

Speaking of which, no word on here of the Intermediate final, Culloville must be slight favourites

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: goh4205 on August 21, 2007, 12:10:16 AM
Well i wouldn't want to be either according to what i hear re: there preformance against Ballymacnab.  Winsamsoon suggest uladh gets very touchy when someone has a go at jimmy mckee, and from what i've read a few posts back I think he's right.  So I made an assumption from this that he was an ogs man.

The fact of the matter is that on saturday night the Ogs met up with a Nab team that showed great grit and determination.  Nobody had given the Nab a chance before this game.  I had previously predicted a draw and was told to wise up on this board.  I wasn't far wrong.  I thought the Nab players showed great spirit in the match and showed that in championship football it's all down to the day.  Their players got a massive round of applause when leaving the field, and well they deserved it.

Goh4205 You're obviously only on here as a WUM, there seems to be alot of venom in your posts, and as far as your comment about the Ogs performance is concerned I won't take any offence, we are still in the championship after all

plain man

The reports about Kevin Dyas heading to Collingwood to play Aussie Rules are true - they're ready to fly him over once Dromintee are out of the Championship

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361318

I've mixed feelings about this, big loss to Armagh and huge loss to Dromintee - but I reckon he can make a go of it.

charlie stubbs

fair play to the nab for giving the ogs a game.i gave them no chance personally and have been made to eat my words.would gareth o neill be close to the new county panel when the new man comes in?saw a few u21 games and he was quite good big brute of a lad

full back

If true, Dyas is going to be a massive loss to Dromintee in the future. Although O'Neill won the high ball it was Dyas more than anyone who drove at the Cross defence in the 2nd half.
On the subject of the referee, I too thought he gave the majority of tight calls to Dromintee - especially the free at the end ::)
Uladh, you have made a few points regarding Cross influencing officials. It was from both teams on Sunday night. Heard COR, f**king hell, he didnt shut his mouth the whole time - giving out to the ref, linesmaen etc etc etc etc
Hard to look past Cross for the replay, as Dromintee had their biggest chance for years on Sunday

goh4205

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 21, 2007, 08:51:51 AM
Quote from: goh4205 on August 21, 2007, 12:10:16 AM

The fact of the matter is that on saturday night the Ogs met up with a Nab team that showed great grit and determination.  Nobody had given the Nab a chance before this game.  I had previously predicted a draw and was told to wise up on this board.  I wasn't far wrong.  I thought the Nab players showed great spirit in the match and showed that in championship football it's all down to the day.  Their players got a massive round of applause when leaving the field, and well they deserved it.

Goh4205 You're obviously only on here as a WUM, there seems to be alot of venom in your posts, and as far as your comment about the Ogs performance is concerned I won't take any offence, we are still in the championship after all

There's not a lot of venom in my posts and I'm not a WUM, I was stating my point and somebody is very touchy about the individual i was refering to. i shouldn't hav to keep  pointing out were i'm from when you consider Dromintee is as close to county louth as Cross is.  What really anoys me about alot of the posters on here is the can't stand a team that does really well.   If other teams were good enough then why have they won so much, at least winsamsoon have the intelligence to accept this & give Cross the respect they deserve.

Uladh

Thats the boy. you keep harping away and cling to the only halfwit on the board who gives you any credance for backing. for your information, winsamsoon is sore about his club conceding a late goal to knock them out of the championship when McKee was refereeing (nothing to do with terrible defending mind).

Are you really to have us beieve that the referee was the rason that cross didn't win on sunday. could the paltry return of 4 points in the last 40 minutes (more if you include both injury times) not have had a bearing? you're from cross. no neutral could be so blind to the ups and downs of championship football. you're assertion that everyone is out to get cross tells the true story. where have you been for 10 years when cross have trampled over clubs, rules and county boards unabated?

winsamsoon - i'll type this very slowly so you can understand...
the irony was you were chastising me for lack of intelligence but couldn't even spell the word correctly.

el_cuervo_fc

It's not too often that someone from cross is on here complaining about the Referee.  It's like Uladh has already said about Cross trampling over the rest of the county.  Referee's over the years have suffered under intense pressure from the Cross contingent.  now when something doesn't go all your own way there's a whole uproar. 

Red Hurley

Trying to edge in among these footballs, anyone got any predictions on the Armagh Hurling Championship? Can Keady comeback from last years disappointment or are Middletown just too strong?

bennydorano

Took in the Killeavey v Maghery and Cross v Dromintee games at the weekend.  Maghery should have won a lot easier than they did, I thought they were guilty of taking their foot of the pedal when 5 points in front, they let Killeavey back into it and could have paid the price, but were clearly the better team IMO.  Didn't see the afters in the stand.

Cross v Dromintee was a good game, at 8-1 it looked like curtains, but fair paly to Dromintee they fought back and deservedly got a least a draw.  Nearly all of Dromintee's bigname players stepped up to the mark.  My MOTM would have been between the fantastic Eddie Martin or Marty O'Rourke who was fighting a lone battle for most of the first half, O'Neill, Dyas and AOR all put in great shifts, but Dromintee have glaring deficiencies - especially at CHB.  There are a few other weaklinks in the Forward line that could be the difference in the replay.  Finally I thought Jimmy McKee had a great game in charge, and (speaking to someone who was talking to him) he gave the final free because the Dromintee player got hit in the nads when he was tackled by 3 or 4 men.