Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel-smuggler

county board to reduce the admission fee to £5 for the replays are you mad in the head?

qub la la la

i hear on the grapevine that the draw for the minor championship was not entirely done right. a tullysaran man was sayin the draw they would like would be to avoid the south armagh teams (cross, cullyhanna and cruppen). the reply he got from a member of the county board was that he wouldnt have to worry about it. sure enough, they got granemore... Not the first time this carry on has happened either.

The draw for the senior championship was to be made after the cross and dromintee match, but it is now moved to next sunday after the cruppen and tir na nog game (the last game in the quarter finals). Why could it not have been drawn out anyway last weekend?? The question is why does the county board need to know exactly who is in the semi finals before making the draw??

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 20, 2007, 04:00:13 PM
Uladh gets all defensive when jimmy mc kee is criticised for some reason. Then he tries to attack posters on a personal level because he hasn't the intelligene to argue with facts.

:-* i couldn't have scripted a more ironic post for you. if you're an example i'm glad i don't have the intelli gene. DNA ain't what is was.

Catch a grip of yourself goh4205. With the standard of refereeing in this county over the past couple of years, you are going to the bother of registering on this board to complain about a referee who got a couple of decisions wrong for both teams. McKee was excellent on sunday night and any referee who is able to maintain a level playing field with the amount of intimidation Crossmaglen bring to bear on him should be commended.

You are obviously a crossman and while everyone has club blinkers on you cannot be serious about the decisions you picked out.

Quote from: goh4205 on August 19, 2007, 11:50:04 PM
Was at the Cross - Dromintee game and as a neutral I thought Jimmy McKee was a disgrace.  Marty O'Rourke should have got a straight red for his strike on the young corner back in the first half, but instead he give's marty's marker a yellow.

did you imagine this? McKeown finally received a yellow card for his fourth personal foul on o'rourke. he should have been off.

He also blew a cross half forward up i think for catching a clean kickout

stand side in the first half. blatant push in the back by mcnamee.

and then at the end he gives a fifty which never was

i was in the stand and from 100m its difficult to see minor deflections. there was hardly a complaint from the cross players though and the only argument were from the 2 cross mentors who actually arrived on the 50 yard line to contest the decision! i'm sure that helped in the long run...

to top that of he  give Marty O'Rourke a free, when he should have blown for over carrying.

Very marginal decision but 3 players tackling one forward more often than not results in a free in. hardly a "disgrace" as you label it.

From what I hear from a few lads today, they would do anything to get rid of Cross, pretty sad if this is the case when the best team to come out of Armagh & Ulster for years and probably never to be repeated, it's a very sad reflection on gaelic football and on fellow gaels.

Of course. Everyone should follow protocol and roll over for the mighty rangers

What is startling is that Cross didn't get every 50:50 decision for once.

Armamike

Enjoyable game between Cross and Dromintee, a draw being a fair result over the 70 mins.  Cross were the much more efficient of the teams with their chances at the start of the game. Dromintee showed good character to come back strongly.  As has been said, Dyas and O'Neill were very good in the second half - the two best performers on the pitch.  Dyas is great to watch in full flow - he put Cross on the back foot with his direct running and was able to pick out some great passes. Aidan O'Rourke and Eddie Martin were good as usual.  Tony McEntee was very good at full back but the problem for Cross is that his presence is missed out the field.  Interesting to see the county CHF played at wing forward!  Michael O'Rourke was kept very quiet.  Any time i've seen him against Cross he doesn't seem to have the physical strength/presence to get any joy out of the Cross backline.  If Dromintee can get him more into the game (it's a big if) in the replay they will have a decent chance.   They will also need Cathal on the pitch for the freetaking.
That's just, like your opinion man.

hitzelsperger

I hear Dromintee and Armagh are going to lose Kevin Dyas to the AFL, any truth??

Armagh4SamAgain

Quote from: hitzelsperger on August 20, 2007, 10:41:22 PM
I hear Dromintee and Armagh are going to lose Kevin Dyas to the AFL, any truth??

NO!!!!
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

hitzelsperger

well my sources tell me he will be joining marty clarke at collingwood very soon...

Armagh4SamAgain

Well who told you that? The replay is on staurday at 6.oo o clock.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

pintsofguinness

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E SUNDAY 26 AUGUST 2007

Wednesday 22 August

ACL – Div. III (7.15)
Middletown v Clonmore (Joe Murtagh)

All-County 'B' League – Group B (7.15)
Carrickcruppen v Madden (Mickey Leonard)

Thursday 23 August

All-County Under-16 League – Group A (7.15)
Shane O'Neill's v Clann Eireann (Henry McCloy)
Keady v Crossmaglen (Kevin McNeice)

Friday 24 August

ACL – Div. III (7.15)
Middletown v An Port Mor (Joe Murtagh)

ACL – Div. IV (7.15)
Shane O'Neill's v Dorsey Emmett's (Sean McClatchey)

Saturday 25 August

Senior Football Championship Quarter-Final Replay (6.00)
Crossmaglen v Dromintee (Brendan Gorman) at Silverbridge

Minor Football Semi-Final (6.00)
Granemore v Tullysaran (Malachy McNicholl) at Pearse Og Park

Sunday 26 August

Intermediate Football Championship Final (6.30)
Culloville v Whitecross (Gerard Devlin) at Crossmaglen

Under-16 Football Championship Final (5.00)
Ballymacnab v St Patrick's (Stephen Murray) at Crossmaglen

Senior Football Championship Quarter-Final Replay (2.00)
Carrickcruppen v Tir na nÓg (Noel Martin) at Abbey Park

ACL – Div. I (12.00)
Maghery v Clan na Gael (Dessie McDonnell)

ACL – Div. II (12.00)
Ballymacnab v Clann Eireann (Kevin McNeice)
Carrickcruppen v Granemore (Off)
St Patrick's v Keady (Kevin Murtagh)
St Peter's v St Michael's (Tony O'Hare)
Annaghmore v Silverbridge (Sean McClelland)  Great, that tool!
Killeavey v Wolfe Tones (Seamus O'Neill)

ACL – Div. III (12.00)
Clady v Collegeland (Brendan Gorman)
Clonmore v Crossmaglen II (Gary Smith)
An Port Mor v Lissummon (Ronan Quigley)
St Paul's v Middletown (Frank McDonald)
Ballyhegan v Sarsfields (Noel Martin)
Madden v Tullysaran (Paudie Hughes)

ACL – Div. IV (12.00)
Phelim Brady's v Belleek (Stephen McKinley)
Grange v Corrinshego (Kevin Gallogly)
Dorsey Emmett's v Eire Og (Jimmy McKee)
Mullaghbrack v O'Hanlon's (Damian McConville)
Derrynoose v Shane O'Neill's (Oliver Hearty)

Armagh4SamAgain

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2007, 11:13:53 PM

Annaghmore v Silverbridge (Sean McClelland)  Great, that tool!

No need for that!! Yor very roud no wonder nobody like you.

goh4205

Quote from: Uladh on August 20, 2007, 10:27:58 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on August 20, 2007, 04:00:13 PM
Uladh gets all defensive when jimmy mc kee is criticised for some reason. Then he tries to attack posters on a personal level because he hasn't the intelligene to argue with facts.

:-* i couldn't have scripted a more ironic post for you. if you're an example i'm glad i don't have the intelli gene. DNA ain't what is was.

Catch a grip of yourself goh4205. With the standard of refereeing in this county over the past couple of years, you are going to the bother of registering on this board to complain about a referee who got a couple of decisions wrong for both teams. McKee was excellent on sunday night and any referee who is able to maintain a level playing field with the amount of intimidation Crossmaglen bring to bear on him should be commended.

You are obviously a crossman and while everyone has club blinkers on you cannot be serious about the decisions you picked out.

Was at the Cross - Dromintee game and as a neutral I thought Jimmy McKee was a disgrace.  Marty O'Rourke should have got a straight red for his strike on the young corner back in the first half, but instead he give's marty's marker a yellow.

did you imagine this? McKeown finally received a yellow card for his fourth personal foul on o'rourke. he should have been off.

He also blew a cross half forward up i think for catching a clean kickout

stand side in the first half. blatant push in the back by mcnamee.

and then at the end he gives a fifty which never was

i was in the stand and from 100m its difficult to see minor deflections. there was hardly a complaint from the cross players though and the only argument were from the 2 cross mentors who actually arrived on the 50 yard line to contest the decision! i'm sure that helped in the long run...

to top that of he  give Marty O'Rourke a free, when he should have blown for over carrying.

Very marginal decision but 3 players tackling one forward more often than not results in a free in. hardly a "disgrace" as you label it.

From what I hear from a few lads today, they would do anything to get rid of Cross, pretty sad if this is the case when the best team to come out of Armagh & Ulster for years and probably never to be repeated, it's a very sad reflection on gaelic football and on fellow gaels.

Of course. Everyone should follow protocol and roll over for the mighty rangers

What is startling is that Cross didn't get every 50:50 decision for once.

Well once again i'm sorry to disappoint you that I'm not from Cross, but louth as i stated before and before you ask i do know people from Cross like you know people from lurgan/portadown or wherever.

I'm not gonna waste my time getting into an who did what, I was stating my point which i'm intitled to do & for that you seem to have no other choice but to attack me personally. maybe you and Jimmy have a thing going :o :o :o  and winsamsoon said you seem to go on the defensive whenever someone has a go at jimmy, so clearly a wee sore point for you, then again maybe you are Jimmy the man.  On another point you are clearly an Ogs man and your f**k'in scared shitless of Cross winning knowing you's present no challenge what so ever if you even make it that far. 
And  a final point to end on, you are clearly not liked on this board judging by some previous posts, everybody can't be wrong about you surely :D :D :D

pintsofguinness

QuoteOn another point you are clearly an Ogs man and your f**k'in scared shitless of Cross winning knowing you's present no challenge what so ever if you even make it that far.
And  a final point to end on, you are clearly not liked on this board judging by some previous posts, everybody can't be wrong about you surely
who are you on about?

oi rufus! I'm hurt, over on orchardcounty asking people for help!  Is there something wrong with us?

goh4205

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2007, 11:41:01 PM
QuoteOn another point you are clearly an Ogs man and your f**k'in scared shitless of Cross winning knowing you's present no challenge what so ever if you even make it that far.
And  a final point to end on, you are clearly not liked on this board judging by some previous posts, everybody can't be wrong about you surely
who are you on about?

oi rufus! I'm hurt, over on orchardcounty asking people for help!  Is there something wrong with us?

Don't worry pints it's not you, read back a page & you'll see who i mean.

pintsofguinness

Oh I know it's not me but neither winsamsoon or uladh are ogs men.