GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surreal Steve

Havnt seen him in the new series yet. The gaa is a far cry from the drugs sex and rock n roll lifestyle we weere used to seeing hans enjoy

Rav67

Youse must have been employing rough-house tactics on saturday against Cuchullains carnaross, seen poor ould DOS there going about in crutches he wasn't best pleased with Scullion's challenge on him

carnaross

Poor ould DOS - hope he gets better soon(ish). Didn't realise his injury was so bad - he stayed on for a while after it, before being forced off. From what I saw he went down while turning, I don't think it was caused by a player.

BTW Peter's have been thrown out of the Pennine League leaving five teams in Div. 1.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

thejuice

Its very quiet at the minute. Next championship game is 27th of July!!!

Had a league game at the weekend and picked up a groin strain in the 2nd half and had to play in goal as we had no subs. let in 1 goal but saved 2 possible ones so I didnt do too badly but that goal cost us the game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Glensman

Why have Peters been thrown out of the Pennine league then?

What is going on with them? Tranisitional year?

screenexile

No idea, I haven't been speaking to anyone this year. I played for them for most of the season last year and we had a very good team but I think a few have moved home or moved on from Manchester and they're just not quite the force they once were. It's a shame because there were a lot of lads who did a lot of work for them especially Sean Hopkins and it's a shame that they've been dumped out of the league but if you can't field teams for your matches that's what happens!

carnaross

So Cuchullains are catching up fast with the political shenanigans in British football!! Didn't field aginst John Mitchel's today in the Pennine League. A mite presumptive if you ask me?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

BennyHarp

Quote from: carnaross on June 22, 2008, 06:30:37 PM
So Cuchullains are catching up fast with the political shenanigans in British football!! Didn't field aginst John Mitchel's today in the Pennine League. A mite presumptive if you ask me?

Cuchullains didnt field against Mitchells? Didnt know that!!
That was never a square ball!!

BennyHarp

Anybody hear any reports on the Gloucestershire V Dublin game in the all ireland junior semi final? How much did the dubs win by?
That was never a square ball!!

youbetterbelieveit

Benny here is a report from Hoganstand.

All-Ireland JFC: Dubs cruise into decider
13 July 2008

Dublin 5-24
Gloucestershire 0-9

Dublin cruised to victory over Gloucestershire on Saturday evening last at the Gaelic Field in Cardiff to book their spot in this year's All-Ireland JFC decider.

Mick Deegan's men had one foot in the final by the break, leading comprehensively by 16 points at the interval.

It didn't get much better for the Exiles afterwards as substitute Niall Tormey hit a quick 1-1 within minutes of the restart.

Dubs corner-forward Warren Finnegan maintained his good scoring form in the second-half which saw him top-score on the day with 1-6, which was one of many of the Dublin forwards tallies that helped them run away with an emphatic 30-point victory in the end.

The Metropolitans are now in line to face Roscommon in the All-Ireland final on July 26, after the Rossies defeated Kerry by a point in Ennis in the other semi-final meeting at the weekend.

Dublin - C Clarke; C Prenderville, M Fitzsimons, D Daly; N Brogan, A Dennis, M White; C Daly, D Bastic; R Joyce (1-1), K Connolly (0-4) (1f), B Sexton (1-1); W Finnegan (1-6) (2f), E O'Gara (0-3), C Norton (1-3). Subs: N Tormmey (1-4), D Homan, J Cooper, K Kavanagh (0-1), S Green (0-1)

Gloucestershire - F O'Neill; M Doyle, D Gilleran, S Rooney; JJ Miskella, O Flaherty, J Maley; B McCarthy, T O'Loughlin (0-2) (1f); P O'Sullivan (0-1), P Brash (0-1), J Long; A Bolton, P Dempsey, N Roche (0-5) (3f). Subs: A Murphy, K O'Connor, H McCarthy, M Hughes, J Duggan

the colonel

the jobs for games development administrators for scotland and london are closed for applications on monday. wonder will there be many applicants
the difference between success and failure is energy

carnaross

Which London job?

As to the Pennine League - John Mitchel's beat Cuchullains in the Division 1 final after extra time by 8 points in a very good game in Leeds yesterday morning.

the colonel

games development administrator roles. interviews are next wed in birmingham i think, along with the scotland job. i think there is one for warickshire
the difference between success and failure is energy

southdown

Any posters here play for John Mitchells? if so PM me

u bent op uw

Moy GFC in County Tyrone are celebrating their Centenary anniversary this year and would like the names and addresses of past members/players/contacts of the club who are based in Britain.

There are several people based in Warwickshire and they would like to know of people who may be based in the other Counties.

If you know of anyone who has been associated with the Moy club and still involved with the GAA`in Biritain please contact them via their website.