Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Milltown has the lad in question been given a byeball regarding training this past few months??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 05, 2018, 01:42:43 PM
Milltown has the lad in question been given a byeball regarding training this past few months??

Wouldnt know, close season for us regular clubmen.. can't see why one player would get a byeball as you say over anyone else in the panel, just because there is a relation between them, I don think that matters in all honesty...

In fact I'd be more strict with a relative than any other player, cause you'll get clowns who'd think he'd get preference because hes related, which at this level would be daft
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Gs Man

Just saw the one bad picture myself.

Unfair to tar them all with the same brush.
Keep 'er lit

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2018, 01:25:51 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 05, 2018, 01:14:00 PM
Fair play lads well said and this coming from a Down man that has hijacked your discussion
Question?
Will Lenny have picked up on the pictures

Just checked out these photos of all the fat lads for Antrim! One photo ffs.. move on please

Thats true, one player out of shape - badly so - and the others were fine.

bannside

100% Bearded one! Good spot.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on January 05, 2018, 02:46:56 PM
100% Bearded one! Good spot.

though there was another pic and he looked fine! All about the angle lights and focus .... ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: referee on January 05, 2018, 03:34:23 PM
It is only 1 player,but if it was some other player that came back in that shape they wouldn't have been on the panel never mind start

And you know that? been Managing long?

Saffrongael

Hardly the first time CJ has appeared for Antrim out of shape, he wouldn't be in great shape in the height of summer. Total chancer
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2018, 11:00:55 AM
Quote from: Spike on January 05, 2018, 10:41:15 AM
Quote from: Flanker on January 04, 2018, 06:57:41 PM
Quote from: Spike on January 04, 2018, 04:24:52 PM
Some outfit. Lenny maintaining Antrims mckenna cup record. Fitness levels of a pub league outfit

Maybe the "pub teams" that are supplying the players for the *pub league outfit" need to look in the mirror first

Our top "pub team" this year were beaten by more than double scores  22 to 10 in Ulster Club first round   

just saying & just using your language

We were told on this forum by esteemed contributors hat this committed squad were adequate? Is that incorrect?  Regardless of talent, this is 2018 - a county player cant return to training 2 stone overweight and expect to sweat it off.  Are we drifting further?

So by that token, nobody would have made a difference in that period of time from taking over, just as anyone with half a brain will tell you, we dont have the players to compete with the big guns... Its a mindset, you can bring a horse to water

As usual bluffers welcomed with open arms to the antrim  squad and we wonder why the real talent has stayed away.  Same old routine repeated with apologists getting their excuses in early.

Ffs they werent asked to do anything that any other county in ireland were..

BrendanAntrim

As usual bluffers welcomed with open arms to the antrim  squad and we wonder why the real talent has stayed away.  Same old routine repeated with apologists getting their excuses in early.

[/quote]

'They'? Who is they? One guy in those pictures looks out of shape. I imagine not too many posting here were at the game on Wednesday, aside from Bannside...I'll refrain from criticism / praise until I get a look at the team and the performance, hopefully this Sunday.

Spike

Quote from: referee on January 05, 2018, 03:34:23 PM
It is only 1 player,but if it was some other player that came back in that shape they wouldn't have been on the panel never mind start

In any other county they wouldnt but this is Antrim where we dont learn from the repeated mistakes of our past. Fintan D must be wondering what he has let himself in for, he has his work cut out.

Spike

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 05, 2018, 04:33:50 PM

'They'? Who is they? One guy in those pictures looks out of shape. I imagine not too many posting here were at the game on Wednesday, aside from Bannside...I'll refrain from criticism / praise until I get a look at the team and the performance, hopefully this Sunday.
[/quote]

If the scoreline, team sheet, opposition team sheet and match report didnt tell you enough.........

Good luck.and lets hope cavan send up their reserve team

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on January 05, 2018, 04:42:55 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 05, 2018, 04:33:50 PM

If the scoreline, team sheet, opposition team sheet and match report didnt tell you enough.........

[/quote]

Spike why do you bother? Clearly not interested and opposed to anything, bit of a dark cloud who's angry a lot.. take some time out and spend it with your family, you'll be on the happy pills at this rate!

Who are these real talents that have stayed away? These ones you're talking about who rather not play for Antrim as they didn't get who they wanted ? Spoilt much are they?

Spike

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spike why do you bother? Clearly not interested and opposed to anything, bit of a dark cloud who's angry a lot.. take some time out and spend it with your family, you'll be on the happy pills at this rate!

Who are these real talents that have stayed away? These ones you're talking about who rather not play for Antrim as they didn't get who they wanted ? Spoilt much are they?
[/quote]

I strive for improvement whereas you accept mediocrity.  I want antrim to improve while you accept the same rubbish excuses each year and start to regurgutate the.establishment excuses as your own. 

Read the team sheet to see who has stayed away, its pretty obvious even for you.  Spoilt? Not a chance - theyre disillusioned and fed up with the same nonsense each year.  Respect works both ways.

On a positive note......the only way is up and Lenny has hell of a lot of work on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: referee on January 05, 2018, 06:12:13 PM
Mill town nothing to do with how long anyone has managed,the only reason you're not slating him or Lenny is because they're your club men,if it was say any other player from a different club,you'd have plenty to say,Fintan Devlin won't be able to work miracles with CJ,it's a two way thing
I haven't slated anyone who's willing to put their head on the block, I was mildly annoyed many years ago when I was managing my club team when the ccc refused to use common sense regarding dual clubs with county players, throwing up fixtures when it was impossible for me to get the best team out.. other than that I've had no issues.. being clubmen means nothing tbh.