Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 14, 2019, 06:57:47 AM
Gotta love these articles about how Dublin got outta jail etc etc.

The first game Dublin were threatening to run away with it a few times but Kerry got a bit o luck and held in there.

Even being ahead that late I never felt that Kerry would win it
And I think that Diblin left it behind them by not working some of those plays to a better position late on. Kerry were spent at that point, and they had 15men.

And Kerry's missed penalty, Cluxton's brilliant save to tip the shot onto the crossbar, McCarthy's save on the line and Clifford's easy misses?

Any team will struggle to hold Dublin at times but Kerry were full value for the draw and could easily have won the last day. Both teams will have regrets but I think Kerry delivered and can deliver again. I thought Kerry would win the first day and while Dublin are rightly favourites Kerry can push them all the way again. I'll go for Dublin this time but only after another cracking game and I give Kerry a great chance.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Zulu on September 14, 2019, 09:30:13 AM

The first game Dublin were threatening to run away with it a few times but Kerry got a bit o luck and held in there.

And I think that Diblin left it behind them by not working some of those plays to a better position late on. Kerry were spent at that point, and they had 15men.

And Kerry's missed penalty, Cluxton's brilliant save to tip the shot onto the crossbar, McCarthy's save on the line and Clifford's easy misses?

Any team will struggle to hold Dublin at times but Kerry were full value for the draw and could easily have won the last day. Both teams will have regrets but I think Kerry delivered and can deliver again. I thought Kerry would win the first day and while Dublin are rightly favourites Kerry can push them all the way again. I'll go for Dublin this time but only after another cracking game and I give Kerry a great chance.

I sincerely hope you are wrong and that Dublin win and win well.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 13, 2019, 07:59:44 PM
Brogan definitely deserves his place. Connolly nowhere near up to pace I don't think, Kerry boys will run rings round him.

Brogan hasn't done anything for a few years now. Connolly a liability, probably get sent off at some stage.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2019, 10:39:41 AM
Quote from: Zulu on September 14, 2019, 09:30:13 AM

I sincerely hope you are wrong and that Dublin win and win well.
I'll be rooting for my adopted county also but a Kerry win won't surprise me one bit.
I suspect that the reason many Dublin players under-performed the last day could be down to the drive for five and the added mental pressure because of it.
Gavin wasn't as self-assured as normal and the controversy over Berno being left out and Dermo being brought in could be another reason for the lack of focus.
As an aside, I cannot recall any All Ireland where there seems to be so little interest among the general public.
I see a few Dub flags where I live but there isn't a single new one to be seen and very few old ones either. 
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

yellowcard

Same team for the Dubs, it will be interesting to see if he starts Cooper on Clifford again, if he does I think he is asking for trouble given that there is no Cian O'Sullivan to sweep. I'd expect him and Fitzsimmons to switch over though. Kerry can make hay against those 2 if they get a good quick supply of ball into them. Perfect day for football, let the best team win.   

Baile an tuaigh

Just got five lower Hogan tickets right on the 45 meter line. Will take some of  my siblings. Feel very lucky to have them. Used to follow Dublin back in the early 90's so I will be shouting for them.

tonto1888

trileacman

Mick Quirke get a hair transplant did he?

Dubs to win by 5 and beat the spread. They'd already achieved this last week when it was 15v15. If it was anyone else playing the Dubs with an extra man for 50 minutes they'd be hammered for shitting the nest. Fucks sake Mayo took them to replays and pushed them to one point victories whilst playing with even numbers and got told by all asunder that they were chokers.

Rochford a pleasure to listen to, understands the game much better than any panelist there. Spillane talking that Kerry should get Jack Mc Caffrey to mark Steve O'Brien because of course Kerry get to decide who marks their forwards.  ::)
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

imtommygunn

Odds on a small red card I wonder?

He will be at it on o'shea the whole game.

Harold Disgracey

yellowcard

Lane doing Kerry absolutely no harm so far.

armaghniac

Fair play to Kerry they are making a game of it. Excellent shooting on both sides.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Clifford is the real deal.(so is O'Callaghan who's strength is phenomenal).

imtommygunn

Harold Disgracey

Clifford led with the elbow there. Lucky boy.