John Gormley and our incompetent Govt.

Started by An Gaeilgoir, January 07, 2010, 09:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Just watching prime time now, my blood is boiling, people isolated in rural Ireland with the snow and his only answer when asked could the army help these people, his f**king answer was well the army aren't been used in any juristiction yet and local councils are doing a fine job. How out of touch are these idiots. He was only bothered that Miriam called him "the minister for snow" Twats the lot of them.

mylestheslasher

They'll start to do a bit of work now that the dubs got some snow and are moaning like no one else in europe got snow, people like Gormley are only interested in pandering to the dublin vote and screw everyone else.

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 07, 2010, 10:13:23 PM
They'll start to do a bit of work now that the dubs got some snow and are moaning like no one else in europe got snow, people like Gormley are only interested in pandering to the dublin vote and screw everyone else.

Sure there hasn't been any snow anywhere in Ireland up until yesterday when the poor Dubs got a proper taste of it. ::) ::)
Willie O Dea on earlier trying to defend the Governments position saying it wasn't an emergency. The lack of leadership forthcoming is nothing new as this country has been like a runaway train for over a year. Incompetent clowns the lot of them.

Denn Forever

Does anyone remember 1982?  I think I do.  I was 15 and had great fun cycling and crashing into snow drifts and getting thrown over the handlebars.

When you are 15 you can do anything.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Capt Pat

What do you want to be done lads?

They can't grit every road in the country, get snow chains for the cars or something. what have they done and how and where have they fallen short?

INDIANA

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 07, 2010, 11:56:21 PM

They can't grit every road in the country, get snow chains for the cars or something. what have they done and how and where have they fallen short?

If we accept the artic conditions are exceptional. Which I do. I grant them slack on that. What I don't grant them slack on is the inadequate response since.

- no grit or not enough. We are out of stock in Dublin- despite NI having a big salt mine.
-elderly people left isolated in rural communities for 15 days now
- Ministers sunning themselves on beaches when a crisis is upon us.
-Willie O Dea on rte 1 radio tonight. Stand up comedian stuff. About nobody asked him to deploy the army . Could he not have suggested it? Quoting passages from the National Emergency Plan where the army weren't to be deployed- yet forgetting he was the gobshite who wrote the Plan!
Not deploying the army has been idiotic. We might actually get some value out of them. They were deployed in 1982 in rural areas.
- Footpaths are a deathtrap. There are elderly people lying on hospital beds with broken limbs similar to car accidents according to orthopaedic surgeons such has been the severity of their falls.

All indicated how shambolic this Govt is.

boojangles

Quote from: INDIANA on January 08, 2010, 12:04:30 AM

If we accept the artic conditions are exceptional. Which I do. I grant them slack on that. What I don't grant them slack on is the inadequate response since.

- no grit or not enough. We are out of stock in Dublin- despite NI having a big salt mine.
-elderly people left isolated in rural communities for 15 days now
- Ministers sunning themselves on beaches when a crisis is upon us.
-Willie O Dea on rte 1 radio tonight. Stand up comedian stuff. About nobody asked him to deploy the army . Could he not have suggested it? Quoting passages from the National Emergency Plan where the army weren't to be deployed- yet forgetting he was the gobshite who wrote the Plan!
Not deploying the army has been idiotic. We might actually get some value out of them. They were deployed in 1982 in rural areas.
- Footpaths are a deathtrap. There are elderly people lying on hospital beds with broken limbs similar to car accidents according to orthopaedic surgeons such has been the severity of their falls.

All indicated how shambolic this Govt is.

That good enough Capt Pat??

Declan

Agree with Indiana's post
The N3 hasn't been gritted in 2 days and it's a joke

Zapatista

They could help farmers get feed and water to thier starving animals. They could perhaps build temp shelter for farm animals freezing to death burried in snow. Help farmers located missing livestock with all this hi-tec equipment they don't use but claim they have.

Celt_Man

Never fear, I see the army has been deployed...

Taken from rte.ie

The Defence Forces has deployed Army assets to assist the Civil Authorities during the severe weather conditions:

Newbridge: 10 x Personnel, 1 6x6 Truck
Maynooth: 10 x Personnel, 1 6x6 Truck
Clane: 10 x Personnel, 1 6x6 Truck
Enniscorthy: Assisting District Nurse reaching isolated patients.
Galway: Assisting Palliative Care Nurse reaching isolated patients.

A total of 30 personnel and 3 jeeps in the east and midlands...  the crisis is over....  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

dublinfella

Quote from: Zapatista on January 08, 2010, 09:00:44 AM

They could help farmers get feed and water to thier starving animals. They could perhaps build temp shelter for farm animals freezing to death burried in snow. Help farmers located missing livestock with all this hi-tec equipment they don't use but claim they have.

While I agree that the Government haven't exactly covered themselves in glory, why is it the role of the state to do farmers jobs for them? If a farmers animals are starving or freeezing its one persons fault, and it aint John Gormley....

There is a dependency culture about waiting for the Govt to 'fix' the snow that sure as hell wasn't there in 82 when people got off their arses as a community and got out the shovels.

ludermor

I know of farmers in leitrim whose animals were stranded when the shannon
Quote from: dublinfella on January 12, 2010, 04:42:25 PM

While I agree that the Government haven't exactly covered themselves in glory, why is it the role of the state to do farmers jobs for them? If a farmers animals are starving or freeezing its one persons fault, and it aint John Gormley....

There is a dependency culture about waiting for the Govt to 'fix' the snow that sure as hell wasn't there in 82 when people got off their arses as a community and got out the shovels.
Do you say the same to people or businesses who got flooded? Should the state cancel all aid to all natural occurances?

Celt_Man

Quote from: dublinfella on January 12, 2010, 04:42:25 PM

You got that right... the one man behind all the weather is none other than

That's right Jack Frost....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

dublinfella

Quote from: ludermor on January 12, 2010, 04:50:41 PM

Do you say the same to people or businesses who got flooded? Should the state cancel all aid to all natural occurances?

Define aid?

If people's safety is in danger, of course the state should step in to help them, like they did last year. But I can't quite see the link between a natural disaster like a flash flood and a medium amount of snow. What Zapatista seems to be calling for is the state to step in and help farmers who were caught unprepared - and I don't think thats their role. If you are a farmer who has not enough feed for an emergency or no shelter for your livestock, boo hoo. People need to take some responsibility for their own behaviour here.

Thats not to say that roads etc shouldn't be gritted better and more often, but the Government can't be everywhere and fix every poxy thing that goes wrong.

Zapatista

Quote from: dublinfella on January 12, 2010, 05:14:17 PM
Define aid?

If people's safety is in danger, of course the state should step in to help them, like they did last year. But I can't quite see the link between a natural disaster like a flash flood and a medium amount of snow. What Zapatista seems to be calling for is the state to step in and help farmers who were caught unprepared - and I don't think thats their role. If you are a farmer who has not enough feed for an emergency or no shelter for your livestock, boo hoo. People need to take some responsibility for their own behaviour here.

No. What are you going to eat if the farmers go bust?

Many farmers across the country can't store food as they are getting no credit from banks much like all the other small business' out there. Many farmers couldn't get to their livestock to bring them to shelter as roads were closed.

If billions can be spent on criminal bankers then the army can spend a few days helping out struggling farmers. It is the role of the state to help those who were unprepared.