Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: sans pessimism on December 11, 2012, 12:43:33 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 05, 2012, 11:08:59 AM
Good achievment by the Gaels winning the u21 title last Sunday. Assan Gaels had only player missing from their team which beat Newtown last year. Top class manager in Joe O Connor, he managed Lacken for one year in 2008 and it was the very tough trainings but probaly the fittest Lacken were under any manager. He is in the frame for the senior Cavan Gaels job and would probaly be the best man to get them disciplined.

Paul Graham is getting back to form which is good for the u21's next year, probaly would have been starting had he been fit this year.
Did he win with CG as manager previously

Not sure to be honest, its a long time since he was over Cavan Gaels seniors, think he might have been over them in 2001, they won it that year. Wouldn't have been over them since then, they went foreign and had managers from various counties.

sans pessimism

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 11, 2012, 05:28:03 PM
Good achievment by the Gaels winning the u21 title last Sunday. Assan Gaels had only player missing from their team which beat Newtown last year. Top class manager in Joe O Connor, he managed Lacken for one year in 2008 and it was the very tough trainings but probaly the fittest Lacken were under any manager. He is in the frame for the senior Cavan Gaels job and would probaly be the best man to get them disciplined.

Paul Graham is getting back to form which is good for the u21's next year, probaly would have been starting had he been fit this year.

Not sure to be honest, its a long time since he was over Cavan Gaels seniors, think he might have been over them in 2001, they won it that year. Wouldn't have been over them since then, they went foreign and had managers from various counties.
Is O Connor not a Mayo man Rod
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

rodney trotter

Quote from: sans pessimism on December 11, 2012, 10:34:25 PM

Ha he is San, uncle of Cillian. Joe has been living in Cavan for 30 years so not quite as foreign as the managers who followed him..

sans pessimism

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 11, 2012, 10:41:25 PM

Ha he is San, uncle of Cillian. Joe has been living in Cavan for 30 years so not quite as foreign as the managers who followed him..
Perfect combination so Rod....Generosity of Mayo and the cuteness of Cavan!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

rodney trotter

Quote from: sans pessimism on December 12, 2012, 11:42:58 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 11, 2012, 10:41:25 PM

Perfect combination so Rod....Generosity of Mayo and the cuteness of Cavan!

True enough San, although I remember Ciaran McDonald was working around my area for a couple of months about 6 years ago, we weren't cute enough to persuade him to switch to our club!

sans pessimism

QuoteTrue enough San, although I remember Ciaran McDonald was working around my area for a couple of months about 6 years ago, we weren't cute enough to persuade him to switch to our club!
Aw shur Rod,Joe might unearth the Cavan version of Mac!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

rodney trotter

Quote from: sans pessimism on December 12, 2012, 03:14:32 PM

QuoteTrue enough San, although I remember Ciaran McDonald was working around my area for a couple of months about 6 years ago, we weren't cute enough to persuade him to switch to our club!
Aw shur Rod,Joe might unearth the Cavan version of Mac!

Ya never know, Michael Lyng was probaly a Mac version until injuries put him back, never the same player since.

Celt_Man

County Convention tonight??  Anyone for it?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Swadman

All-Ireland Club JFC semi-finals:

Sunday, January 27th  (2.00pm)

Breffni Park: Ballinasloe (Galway) v An Port Mor (Armagh).

Ahh memories

Itchy

Quote from: CompulsoryTillager on December 26, 2012, 02:44:40 AM
Alright lads, am I missing any from here?

http://www.prideinthejersey.com/cavan.html

They are not official ones, just bootlegs. Note use of the old crest.

boojangles

What's the word on Dermot Mc Cabe getting the new full-time paid job as Director of football in Cavan? Best man for the job? What is the job description?

rodney trotter

Same role Nicholas Walsh had, development officer I think is the title. Won't be with the County Minors next year. Gary Donahoe has it alone.

tommysmith

It's all about who you know, i hear he is doing night courses now.

Itchy

I actually think its a good appointment, McCabe knows his stuff and that is a fact. I'm glad Walsh is gone to Australia if I'm honest.