Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Thanks gallsman. Where do check the sound settings for HDMI 2?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gallsman

The sound menu on the TV remote. Generally menu followed by either settings then sound, or direct to sound etc.

How is the sound system connected up to TV? Optical cable?

blewuporstuffed

What's the best build to install at the moment?
I tried paradox but it doesn't seek to be working that well
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Can't find a decent stream for the game at all
Usual sports devil links not working
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gaffer

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2016, 07:50:51 PM
The sound menu on the TV remote. Generally menu followed by either settings then sound, or direct to sound etc.

[/quote

The TV has 2 HDMIs. One going to Sky box and one going to Amazon TV.

The sound system has red and white plugs going from it to sky box. I have nothing else coming from sound system apart from the speaker wires.

There is also a scart lead going from tv to sky box.

There is an empty HDMI & optical in at back of sound system but neither tv or Amazon has an optical in so nowhere to plug it in from Amazon.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on February 09, 2016, 08:05:06 PM
Can't find a decent stream for the game at all
Usual sports devil links not working
Nor me.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Gaffer on February 09, 2016, 07:02:01 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2016, 07:24:15 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on February 08, 2016, 08:45:01 PM
Anyone know how to connect Amazon Fire TV  box to a surround sound system?

The fire box has hdmi which links to the TV and an empty USB slot.

Can you not at up the surround sound to the TV and then the HDMI output will take care of anything playing from Amazon?

I have tv , sky box , surround sound system and Amazon Fire tv.

I have the surround sound going to TV and works ok on HDMI 1

My Amazon fire works off HDMI 2 and when I have it on,  I am still getting the TV sound.

I gave to turn off the surround sound and turn up the TV to hear the Amazon Fire shows.

I could be wrong on this, I believe that the sound from the Firestick has to go from the TV to the surround sound system. You might need an optical cable to do this. 

gallsman

Quote from: Gaffer on February 09, 2016, 08:08:17 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2016, 07:50:51 PM

The TV has 2 HDMIs. One going to Sky box and one going to Amazon TV.

The sound system has red and white plugs going from it to sky box. I have nothing else coming from sound system apart from the speaker wires.

There is also a scart lead going from tv to sky box.

There is an empty HDMI & optical in at back of sound system but neither tv or Amazon has an optical in so nowhere to plug it in from Amazon.

Can you not plug the sound system up to TV? Your current setup separates the audio and video from the sky box. The HDMI came is capable of carrying both. HDMI cable from Sky box to HDMI 1 and from Fire TV HDMI 2. Surround sound cables to TV audio output ports (optical if you have it). Then on TV select audio output to external speaker rather then TV's inbuilt speaker.

Wtf do you have a scart cable plugged in for?

gallsman

Quote from: FL/MAYO on February 09, 2016, 09:24:35 PM

I could be wrong on this, I believe that the sound from the Firestick has to go from the TV to the surround sound system. You might need an optical cable to do this.

I'm pretty certain it's not. I'm watching the Liverpool match on Kodi at the minute on a Fire TV. HDMI from Fire TV to TV. Optical cable from TV to external speakers.

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2016, 09:28:11 PM

I'm pretty certain it's not. I'm watching the Liverpool match on Kodi at the minute on a Fire TV. HDMI from Fire TV to TV. Optical cable room TV to external speakers.
Where you watching it? I couldn't find a decent link on Kodi at all

gallsman

You probably have your sky box set up to output to an external speaker, which now no longer exists. Check the audio settings on the Sky Box.

How old is TV? Would be very surprised if it's in any way modern and doesn't have optical audio output. You familiar with what the connection looks like? Tiny wee hole about the size of a large pin head.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on February 09, 2016, 09:37:12 PM

I'm pretty certain it's not. I'm watching the Liverpool match on Kodi at the minute on a Fire TV. HDMI from Fire TV to TV. Optical cable room TV to external speakers.

I have sports mania subscription so watching on BT Sport on it.

1080p gloriousness  8) 8)

straightred

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2016, 09:43:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 09, 2016, 09:37:12 PM

I have sports mania subscription so watching on BT Sport on it.

1080p gloriousness  8) 8)

Its a great app. I like my American sports too and it never lets me down. Kids watch the soccer and it has all the enlgish and most of the Spanish and Italian stuff. There are channels up there that I'll probably never use as I won't have time. not into boxing myself but it is well covered. Have it running through kodi on a MXiii and also get it it on the move on an android app. 26stg for 6 months - a steal !

Gaffer

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2016, 09:41:34 PM
You probably have your sky box set up to output to an external speaker, which now no longer exists. Check the audio settings on the Sky Box.

How old is TV? Would be very surprised if it's in any way modern and doesn't have optical audio output. You familiar with what the connection looks like? Tiny wee hole about the size of a large pin head.

Thanks for your help.

TV about 10 years old. Hasn't got  the optical. However,  I removed the red and white cables from sky box and inserted them into tv in audio out port. And hey presto I am getting both the fire TVs and my sky through the surround sound. So alls well that ends well!!