Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Up The Middle on February 01, 2016, 09:07:44 AM
I wiped the firestick the other night and tried to reinstall the black box, however none of the sources I have tried work. I also downloaded the Ares wizard to get it from there, its not there any more nor is the beast. Anybody any ideas of a different build I could use or a source that works for The black box?

Why did you wipe the stick? Check their Facebook or twitter page if they have one, should have the latest URL for the repo.

blewuporstuffed

Don't tell me this has been taken down! I just ordered a Fire stick at the weekend  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Gs Man

As of yesterday, The Black Box is no more apparently.  Think the guy that developed it was getting some stick from Sky etc.

But it's being replaced by something called Paradox which is very similar.

A quick youtube search should throw up the instructions on how to download.

Or search for "The Black Box Forum" on google and sign up.
Keep 'er lit

Up The Middle

Quote from: gallsman on February 01, 2016, 10:24:05 AM
Quote from: Up The Middle on February 01, 2016, 09:07:44 AM
I wiped the firestick the other night and tried to reinstall the black box, however none of the sources I have tried work. I also downloaded the Ares wizard to get it from there, its not there any more nor is the beast. Anybody any ideas of a different build I could use or a source that works for The black box?

Why did you wipe the stick? Check their Facebook or twitter page if they have one, should have the latest URL for the repo.

Somebody was messing with it and wiped everything including Kodi. Liked the Black box build and now cant get it back.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 30, 2016, 08:20:34 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 30, 2016, 07:45:53 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 30, 2016, 03:42:07 PM
I have a amzon stick with Kodi - Can anyone point out where I can get setanta Ireland on it

Setanta doesn't seem to operate well on it for some reason

I have a great stream of the Dublin Kerry game, it's on the Woody addon>all sports>antenna setanta

I was the same, great stream.  Dont tell anyone thought, the less people that know and are watching the better for us  :D

ziggy90

Got one of those android boxes and all working well except for the Irish channels - the ones I really wanted it for. Has anyone any advice on how to get these (Woody's not working for some reason)? Cheers.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

gallsman

Anyone able to recommend a good add-on for BBC in HD ahead of the rugby?

Stallion IPTV appears to suggest it has BBC HD as a premium option, but I can't see any way to subscribe.

StGallsGAA

Anyone recommend the kodi sources that work best on a Sony Bravia Android TV?

gallsman

If it's an Android TV, can you not just download it from the play store?!

Gaffer

Anyone know how to connect Amazon Fire TV  box to a surround sound system?

The fire box has hdmi which links to the TV and an empty USB slot.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gallsman

Quote from: Gaffer on February 08, 2016, 08:45:01 PM

Can you not at up the surround sound to the TV and then the HDMI output will take care of anything playing from Amazon?

johnneycool

FYI,

The bluetooth remote for my firestick ceased to work the other day, changed batteries and all that to no avail.

Turns out this is a common enough problem where the remote loses its bluetooth pairing with the firestick itself and the way to get it back is to hold in the home button for 10 to 15 seconds or so and when successful a message will tell you that a new blue tooth device has been paired.

gallsman

Quote from: johnneycool on February 09, 2016, 09:13:16 AM
FYI,

The bluetooth remote for my firestick ceased to work the other day, changed batteries and all that to no avail.

Turns out this is a common enough problem where the remote loses its bluetooth pairing with the firestick itself and the way to get it back is to hold in the home button for 10 to 15 seconds or so and when successful a message will tell you that a new blue tooth device has been paired.

Interesting, mine went as well on the fire TV box! I changed batteries and that worked.

Gaffer

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2016, 07:24:15 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on February 08, 2016, 08:45:01 PM

Can you not at up the surround sound to the TV and then the HDMI output will take care of anything playing from Amazon?

I have tv , sky box , surround sound system and Amazon Fire tv.

I have the surround sound going to TV and works ok on HDMI 1

My Amazon fire works off HDMI 2 and when I have it on,  I am still getting the TV sound.

I gave to turn off the surround sound and turn up the TV to hear the Amazon Fire shows.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gallsman

Interesting, maybe TV output sound is configured differently for the different HDMI ports? Have you tried checking the sound setting on HDMI2 and made sure the output is to the external system rather than the TV speaker?