Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

That's all I want it for. Movies tv shows and football but i can't get any to work. It keeps freezing and kicking me out to the main amazon menu. How to I get the beast light. I know I'm a pain in the hole but I'm thick.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

themac_23

Quote from: Up The Middle on December 17, 2015, 09:34:23 PM
That's all I want it for. Movies tv shows and football but i can't get any to work. It keeps freezing and kicking me out to the main amazon menu. How to I get the beast light. I know I'm a pain in the hole but I'm thick.

Getting similar problems, I'm awful with technology so bought a pre loaded fire stick with the beast installed last week. it was working great until today now i cant get anything, getting no streams available or search timed out

Boycey

Quote from: Up The Middle on December 17, 2015, 09:34:23 PM

I'm far from an expert myself but happy to relay my own experiences with it. I also kept getting tossed back to main Amazon menu when I was on The Beast I took it that the FireStick was struggling to cope cause like I said it has limited processing power. I just reverted to plain old Kodi and the add-ons I listed on the previous page and its working fine for me. I still have The Beast on a Laptop and it works fine too...

This guy here https://seo-michael.co.uk/the-beast-build-for-kodi/ is always fairly good for all things Kodi. If you read down he says If this build is a bit heavy for your device then try out the Nemesis build which is more lightweight but has everything you need.

I've never tried it but if you want to stay with Custom Builds I'd try that Nemesis Build. You can do a fresh start from within The Beast. I'd do that and then download Nemesis and follow the same steps you did when originally installing The Beast.

Whats the worst that can happen :-)

Up The Middle

I installed the beast lite. Its The same. I then installed nemesis and it was just a blank screen.  :'( :'( :'( :'(
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Boycey

Quote from: Up The Middle on December 17, 2015, 10:31:35 PM
I installed the beast lite. Its The same. I then installed nemesis and it was just a blank screen.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Open the back door and fire it as far away as you can  ;D

Only other thing else I can suggest to you is go back a stage further and uninstall Kodi and reinstall it and before you try The Beast try Genesis or Phoenix as a standalone add on and see does it work. If they still  don't work then I'd say  ur Stick is fuckd..

On the bright side you will be an expert in this soon

Up The Middle

Quote from: Boycey on December 17, 2015, 11:40:04 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on December 17, 2015, 10:31:35 PM

Open the back door and fire it as far away as you can  ;D

Only other thing else I can suggest to you is go back a stage further and uninstall Kodi and reinstall it and before you try The Beast try Genesis or Phoenix as a standalone add on and see does it work. If they still  don't work then I'd say  ur Stick is fuckd..

On the bright side you will be an expert in this soon

Honest to f**k, Ive spent the last 3 nights trying to set this up. Ive uninstalled Kodi 3 times and reinstalled it, Ive unistalled the beast 4 times (does the beast lite look identical to the beast). Maybe I'm expecting too much from it.

When I go into a movie and click on the link and it says no stream im fine with that, its when you click on one and it starts searching and gets too about 70% then just disappears off the screen, not giving you any further info as to whats happening.

laoislad

The firestick I bought is working perfect with beast installed.
What WiFi speeds are you getting? I have about 70mbps over WiFi.

I also clear the cache everytime I turn Kodi on.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Up The Middle

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2015, 09:09:32 AM

I get about 20mbps. Ive noticed mine seems to be holding a lot of data, it had over 1GB last night.

JohnDenver

Came across something called "Ares Wizard" - give it a search to see some videos or reviews. 

Have tested it out and seems like a good idea - Basically you install it like you would the Beast or any other build - but it isn't an actual build itself.  Once installed, it gives you the options to install various different builds with the click of a button (no entering addressed) which it has rated by downloads etc.

It also has a built in maintenance option, which runs automatically when you open Kodi each time and gives you a prompt whether you need to clear cache or purge packages.

I am trying out the "SpinzTv premium lite" build at the moment I think it's called and it looks a decent alternative to the beast.

You can also choose to add individual addons instead of a build as such, if you want to keep the memory down.

The good thing is, that within the maintenance option, you can then force a "fresh start" which wipes Kodi of everything except the "Ares Wizard" itself - which allows you to try out a different build without having to manually enter new repos or addresses.

Boycey

Quote from: Up The Middle on December 18, 2015, 09:20:29 AM
Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2015, 09:09:32 AM

I get about 20mbps. Ive noticed mine seems to be holding a lot of data, it had over 1GB last night.

20megs is loads, 1gb of data probably means you have 2 versions of The Beast installed on it as I think it's roughly half a gig in size.. It's different memory than is used for processing anyway.. Did you try one standalone add-on?

Laoislad my stick worked for ages before it displayed the symptoms Up The Middle is describing but a Google search makes me think it's a definite issue..

The Gs Man

Lads, I can't stress enough.  Try the Black Box Build.  I posted about it a couple of pages back.

Never have a problem!
Keep 'er lit

Up The Middle

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 18, 2015, 09:52:54 AM
Lads, I can't stress enough.  Try the Black Box Build.  I posted about it a couple of pages back.

Never have a problem!

Im definitely going to install it tonight.

Boycey

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 18, 2015, 09:52:54 AM

Never have a problem!

I've seen it mentioned when reading forums alright as something that might be a good alternative.

Smokin Joe

Ignoring the build, are Genesis streams working for anyone?

No matter what I try to play the last few days I get "No streams available"

Boycey

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 19, 2015, 09:13:54 AM
Ignoring the build, are Genesis streams working for anyone?

No matter what I try to play the last few days I get "No streams available"

I saw on another Forum last night that it wasn't being supported anymore.. Its happened a couple of times before I think but the guy usually relents and updates it. Stream all the sources is decent alternative but from memory u have to fill in one of those captchas every time u watch something which is a ballache on a Firestick