Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Out of interest who is? Martin Burke?

Unfortunately I would agree with you on bits about Donnelly. I actually think rather than his size his distribution is maybe his biggest asset.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 27, 2021, 09:41:15 AM

Unfortunately I would agree with you on bits about Donnelly. I actually think rather than his size his distribution is maybe his biggest asset.

MB definitely a good shout, Woody in Dunloy IMO still would be ahead of him in terms of what is required for inter county.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 27, 2021, 09:41:15 AM

I've always believed that you'd get away with not having that yard of pace as a centre back rather than a full back or indeed corner back as reading of the game is paramount in there and can get you out of trouble.
Gary O'Kane was never blessed with pace but he was some centre back. Brian Hogan of Kilkenny with a pocket load of AI medals wasn't blessed with pace either.

imtommygunn

Yeah I would agree. Same in football tbh. I was wondering where Donnelly played for Ballycastle. He's a very good distributor of the ball so might be worth a blast at 6.

saffman

Considering a lot of county players who haven't had much pitch time played for their clubs this week - I do wonder what your point is?

imtommygunn

They are playing plenty of county games. Not sure it is a problem. They need a break. There are subs playing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: groundlie on May 27, 2021, 01:39:24 PM
I must say what is Gleeson playing at? Keeping back county players who get no minutes at all away from playing for their clubs. Disgrace.

There is no relegation or promotion this year, we have been blessed that the clubs are up and running, speaking to managers and coaches these past few weeks its been great to hear they are playing players that wouldn't normally be in their top 15 and allows them to have a look at possible first 15 players or options off the bench.

If  a player is feeling he's missing out he should really opt out off the panel and concentrate on his clubs non promotion winning or relegation games.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

groundlie

Cop yourself on Milltown Row.

saffman

Groundlie

Can you please confirm which players who aren't getting game time for the county aren't being allowed to play for their clubs?

This past week we seen:
Matty donnelly & ryan mc cambridge for B/C & Cdall
Johnstons, shea shannon possibly another few for st johns
Eoin o'neill, nicky mckeague, aaron crawford, duffin, again maybe more for dunloy
Niall o'connor for st endas
Dan & Declan McCloskey loughuile

Plenty players still togging out for their clubs and getting pitch time....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: groundlie on May 27, 2021, 04:32:19 PM
Cop yourself on Milltown Row.

Ok, what is it you want? You want a player training club county in successive games Saturday Sunday and still want results against Kilkenny Dublin Wexford and Laois?

🤔
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2021, 03:25:35 PM
I must say what is Gleeson playing at? Keeping back county players who get no minutes at all away from playing for their clubs. Disgrace.

There is no relegation or promotion this year, we have been blessed that the clubs are up and running, speaking to managers and coaches these past few weeks its been great to hear they are playing players that wouldn't normally be in their top 15 and allows them to have a look at possible first 15 players or options off the bench.

If  a player is feeling he's missing out he should really opt out off the panel and concentrate on his clubs non promotion winning or relegation games.

I thought id read that there was promotion as long as over 70% of the games in the league were completed? might have read it wrong but thought that there was promotion but no relegation

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on May 28, 2021, 11:27:57 AM

I thought id read that there was promotion as long as over 70% of the games in the league were completed? might have read it wrong but thought that there was promotion but no relegation

Have you a link to that? I was told start of season that there was no promotion relegation, I could be wrong, heard a manager roaring at his players about promotion at half time. Who knows

Saffrongael

Fairly certain there is promotion from Div4 for example
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2021, 11:30:58 AM

Have you a link to that? I was told start of season that there was no promotion relegation, I could be wrong, heard a manager roaring at his players about promotion at half time. Who knows

Havent a link but il see if ive a way of attaching a screenshot, was on the final league draft, def said winners promoted, no relegation and it was subject to % of games completed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on May 28, 2021, 11:43:09 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2021, 11:30:58 AM

Havent a link but il see if ive a way of attaching a screenshot, was on the final league draft, def said winners promoted, no relegation and it was subject to % of games completed.

So if winners are promoted will the leagues the following year have extra teams or has it been fixed that the leagues this year allow just promotion?  Confused