Short Strand under attack

Started by Forever Green, June 20, 2011, 10:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Scumbags alright. For every day like yesterday with McIlroy there is a whole summer of this shit.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Lecale2

Just drove past on my way back from City Airport. Looks really bad.

Forever Green

Just hoping it all calms down soon and no innocent people get hurt. Feel sorry for the short strand surrounded by these inbred f**kers

glens abu

Ah scumbags is right,seems like there are a few problems within Loyalism over in the East so a few flexing their muscles by turning on the Catholics in the Strand.Ha been happening since this state was formed and that enclave in the east always gets it,but they have been through it so many times before they will a match for them.Very worrying development.

thewobbler

Is it just me who finds it hard to believe that a group of 60 men get together and attack a group of houses without provocation?

I'm aware that we're dealing with the lowest form of human being here, but still.

David McKeown

I drove round the short strand around 8.30 and noticed a police presence but didn't see or hear anything going on. I also worked on Bryson Street for 4 or 5 years and never had any issues which makes it all the more annoying to see this shit return.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Orior

Mass on a Sunday is provocotive show of strength by the enemy to an Orangeman.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Forever Green

Quote from: thewobbler on June 20, 2011, 11:01:54 PM
Is it just me who finds it hard to believe that a group of 60 men get together and attack a group of houses without provocation?

I'm aware that we're dealing with the lowest form of human being here, but still.

I believe it. Bunch of cowardly bastards that are going out to try and kill some innocent fenian. They have done it plenty of times before without being provoked

MK

yes these people really are the PITTS!

glens abu

Wise up and read your history books.

thewobbler

Show me where I can get these history books Glens Abu and I gladly will.

It's not difficult for anyone of influence to rabble rouse when they've got a cause that appeals to the people. Call me out of touch, but I don't believe it would be that easy to assemble a riot group of 60 without something fresh in the mind to call upon.

brokencrossbar1

Trust me wobbler I was in the Short Strand at the height of the trouble during the early Noughties and it wasn't a safe place to be.  There were daily attacks on houses from across the way and while there was a certain amount of fighting back, trust me the aggression was directed from one source.  Dangerous place altogether.

Cold tea

Their mates, opps the PSNI, will soon put a stop to it all.