Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Whether or not to allow a quick puc out/free/penalty/slideline is up to the referees discretion. There is no rule that players must wait for the whistle to restart the game there for it was at his discretion that the penalty was retaken. It was entirely his choice to have the penalty retaken. Dodgy penalty in last years final, dodgy penalty against St. Galls which, at his discretion, was taken twice. Maybe he'll hit the next one himself??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 04, 2012, 01:06:51 PM
Whether or not to allow a quick puc out/free/penalty/slideline is up to the referees discretion. There is no rule that players must wait for the whistle to restart the game there for it was at his discretion that the penalty was retaken. It was entirely his choice to have the penalty retaken. Dodgy penalty in last years final, dodgy penalty against St. Galls which, at his discretion, was taken twice. Maybe he'll hit the next one himself??

He'd miss

I thought last years penalty at the time where I watched it was very soft, but when I watched it on tv it was a clear penalty JJ

What referee would you like JJ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2012, 01:12:28 PM

He'd miss

I thought last years penalty at the time where I watched it was very soft, but when I watched it on tv it was a clear penalty JJ

Sure I think we all know you're the best MR2....never wrong and you know your angles better than anyone. We'll just call you the protractor from now on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 01:16:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2012, 01:12:28 PM

He'd miss

Sure I think we all know you're the best MR2....never wrong and you know your angles better than anyone. We'll just call you the protractor from now on.

You'll not get any birthday drinks at this rate!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

jj the official guide says

QuoteRules of Control
RULE 1 - CONTROL OF THE GAMES
MATCH OFFICIALS

1.2 DUTIES OF THE REFEREE

(viii) To blow the whistle when a foul has been
committed or when the ball has gone out
of play. To blow the whistle or give a signal
to restart play
. Once the referee has given
a decision and has sounded his whistle to
restart play, he shall not alter that decision.

johnneycool

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 04, 2012, 01:43:31 PM

QuoteRules of Control
MATCH OFFICIALS

to restart play

What does it say about other players encroaching within the D when a penalty is taken?

If it is a defender, can it be retaken and if an encroaching forward scores on a rebound, is it a free out?

BlackandAmber

Quote from: johnneycool on September 04, 2012, 01:46:03 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 04, 2012, 01:43:31 PM

QuoteRules of Control
MATCH OFFICIALS

to restart play

What does it say about other players encroaching within the D when a penalty is taken?

If it is a defender, can it be retaken and if an encroaching forward scores on a rebound, is it a free out?

2.3 A penalty puck shall be taken at the centre
point of the 20m line and the semi-circular arc,
and only three defending players may stand
on the goal-line. All other players, with the
exception of the player taking the puck, shall
be outside the 20m line, and shall not cross
the 20m line or the arc until the ball has been
struck. If a defending player(s) fouls before
the ball is struck and a goal does not result,
the referee shall allow the penalty puck to be retaken

can't see anythin about a defender attacker but this link will get you the guide on the right side its part 2 you want

http://gaa.ie/about-the-gaa/our-games/football/personalities/

Forever Green

A great weekend of Championship hurling and all you`s are going on about is the referee`s

Just goes to show how shite they really are

Seamroga in exile

I don't remember any dodgy penalties awarded in last years final, I remember the one stonewall penalty that was awarded.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 04, 2012, 02:42:53 PM
I am not saying it wasn't a penalty but it was certainly closer to 'dodgy' than it was to 'stonewall'.

I thought that at the time and for me was the turning point in the game, as it looked like going away for Loughgiel and the Dall's tails were up. But after watching in on TV later it was a penalty, I'm sure the Loughgiel boys can, well lets say, get it up ::) on youtube or somewhere

Jesusjones

SIE lets tell the truth here, Benny Mc Carry could have got a 9.8 for that effort if he'd been at the side of a pool rather than at Casement. You couldn't argue that Loughgiel have brought hurling in Antrim to a new level but the penalty in the final last year was the single biggest factor in the game and it was a dodgy, hotly disputed call. Don't worry MR2 its been watched over and over again in Cushendall, still isn't a penalty!!

Megaman

jeez lads, cant believe we are going back to a decision last year, i have my opinion on the decision but i will keep to myself at this stage.

fact is, it was a penalty cause the ref gave it. end off

with regards this year, 
Loughgiel will stuff St John by 10 -15 points
Cushendall should win a tight game against Dunloy

cushendall havent improved since last year IMO so Loughgiel to win final

johnneycool

Quote from: Megaman on September 04, 2012, 03:10:20 PM
jeez lads, cant believe we are going back to a decision last year, i have my opinion on the decision but i will keep to myself at this stage.

fact is, it was a penalty cause the ref gave it. end off

with regards this year, 
Loughgiel will stuff St John by 10 -15 points
Cushendall should win a tight game against Dunloy

cushendall havent improved since last year IMO so Loughgiel to win final

But have Loughguile improved or even kept things on an even keel since March ?

Na Glinntí Glasa

IMO  they are the same as they were last year. They play a simple system really well and have one of the best forwards in Ireland who can score from anywhere.

Can they be beat? Yes. If cushendall get by us they have plenty of great hurlers who can beat them. Shane And Neil are pure quality and could win a game themselves.

If we get to play them there's no way on this earth we would fear them, no matter how good they were.

Great team, def but one which will soon lose a lot of great players to age.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

from HS;

Former Carlow boss Kevin Ryan is the only outside man in the race. The ex-Waterford hurler will have to fight off competition from Antrim men Gregory O'Kane, PJ Mullan and Michael Johnston, who managed Armagh for the last four years.

Antrim chairman Jim Murray says all four candidates have been contacted and are happy to be interviewed. He added that the interview panel can also recommend a further candidate if they know of one.

Surprised that PJ has let his name go forward, I thought he'd be creating a dynasty with Loughgeil!