Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Stillwater2 on May 27, 2020, 10:26:38 AM
Dont think the issue was a few lads pucking the ball about. Think it was a manager led session on club pitch. Think that may be the issue.

yeah thats what the bother seems to be. it was 6 players and a coach doing a part of a session.

firstly all GAA grounds are closed and no one is allowed on them for any use at all other than to cut them/maintain them. All gatherings and training's are banned as well and it was made very clear at the outset of this and the repercussions for clubs who broke this.

As i said before i get that the lads want to train and want to be back playing again but they have got to take a reality check here about whats going on around them. GAA clubs are incapable to ensuring the safety of the players, coaches etc atm unlike the professional soccer teams can with constant testing and hygiene measures.

Im frustrated by it all, so is everyone else, and we want our games back but it will come back around again when it is fit and safe to do so.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 27, 2020, 11:16:11 AM
Quote from: Stillwater2 on May 27, 2020, 10:26:38 AM
Dont think the issue was a few lads pucking the ball about. Think it was a manager led session on club pitch. Think that may be the issue.

yeah thats what the bother seems to be. it was 6 players and a coach doing a part of a session.

firstly all GAA grounds are closed and no one is allowed on them for any use at all other than to cut them/maintain them. All gatherings and training's are banned as well and it was made very clear at the outset of this and the repercussions for clubs who broke this.

As i said before i get that the lads want to train and want to be back playing again but they have got to take a reality check here about whats going on around them. GAA clubs are incapable to ensuring the safety of the players, coaches etc atm unlike the professional soccer teams can with constant testing and hygiene measures.

Im frustrated by it all, so is everyone else, and we want our games back but it will come back around again when it is fit and safe to do so.

This is being featured as one of the top stories in the Bel telegraph website.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah im only after seeing it. It was always going to get out and esp for rags like the Bel Tel or the news letter to jump al over to get a dig at the association.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

so interesting news from the county meeting Monday about how we are going forward now.

Senior championships will go ahead along with some league games. Fixtures will be released 2/3 days after the confirmation in July with 2 weeks allowed for training and then games to start.

Championship will only be within our own county and no ulster or All Ireland series.

U21 championship not for happening.

Antrim v Kerry game a priority as well as the Joe McDonagh cup games. will mean that league games will go ahead without county players for each club.

Underage games wont go ahead but Cul camps will in August if the clubs want to run it. If they dont its not a problem.

Still clarification required about attending games, social distancing measures, will they limit attendances at games, how this is to be done, will there be no one attending the games etc etc etc

Clubs will have to be responsible for ensuring the hygiene of the changing rooms, cleaning them done, sanitising procedures etc.

All interesting points and will no doubt cause debate.
hurl like f**k boi!

themac_23

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 04, 2020, 10:59:21 AM
so interesting news from the county meeting Monday about how we are going forward now.

Senior championships will go ahead along with some league games. Fixtures will be released 2/3 days after the confirmation in July with 2 weeks allowed for training and then games to start.

Championship will only be within our own county and no ulster or All Ireland series.

Antrim v Kerry game a priority as well as the Joe McDonagh cup games. will mean that league games will go ahead without county players for each club.

Underage games wont go ahead but Cul camps will in August if the clubs want to run it. If they dont its not a problem.

Still clarification required about attending games, social distancing measures, will they limit attendances at games, how this is to be done, will there be no one attending the games etc etc etc

Clubs will have to be responsible for ensuring the hygiene of the changing rooms, cleaning them done, sanitising procedures etc.

good update DR, take it by senior it means adult as opposed to just the SHC and SFC? wonder what is meant by 'some league games, m they hoping to play a round of games or something similar? personally id rather they didnt play the leagues and just maybe ran the usual divisional preseason tournaments (O'Cahan Cup) etc as small groups to give teams a warm up for championship.

Milltown Row2

Hopefully the players will wear masks  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

How do we think we will be ready for Cul Camps, this is amazing me no end.

We can't play under age games small sided numbers, but yet we can stick 100's of them together for hours at a time.

Just make literally no sense to me. Granted it will depend on the science at the time, but what is the mad panic for these camps when everything else has been postponed for so long.

am i missing something?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: themac_23 on June 04, 2020, 11:52:42 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 04, 2020, 10:59:21 AM

good update DR, take it by senior it means adult as opposed to just the SHC and SFC? wonder what is meant by 'some league games, m they hoping to play a round of games or something similar? personally id rather they didnt play the leagues and just maybe ran the usual divisional preseason tournaments (O'Cahan Cup) etc as small groups to give teams a warm up for championship.

by senior it was SHC, SFC, IFC, IHC, JHC & JFC. thats what my take on what i was told.

i think the idea is that it will get league games played to allow clubs some finances to be brought in, which they all need at this time.

From the chat its meanin that championships will be straight knock outs but again that isnt confirmed.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: NAG1 on June 04, 2020, 02:28:01 PM

We can't play under age games small sided numbers, but yet we can stick 100's of them together for hours at a time.

Just make literally no sense to me. Granted it will depend on the science at the time, but what is the mad panic for these camps when everything else has been postponed for so long.

am i missing something?

think their idea was only 100 wains at it but how can you control that and limit the no down for some clubs who have over 200 at them.

the camps are not going to be imposed on clubs, rather its their choice if they want to take it on. again these sorts of things are depanded on what things are like and what parents want to do.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Last time we did a straight knockout we got to the final! Will it be a seeding type draw? If that's the case
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 04, 2020, 03:36:57 PM

am i missing something?

think their idea was only 100 wains at it but how can you control that and limit the no down for some clubs who have over 200 at them.

the camps are not going to be imposed on clubs, rather its their choice if they want to take it on. again these sorts of things are depanded on what things are like and what parents want to do.

If schools cant/wont take kids back. How or why are you going to organsie a Cul Camp?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 04, 2020, 04:22:01 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 04, 2020, 03:36:57 PM

am i missing something?

If schools cant/wont take kids back. How or why are you going to organsie a Cul Camp?

personally i dont see it working at all but i suppose they have to put every option out there and see what people want.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

whats everyones thoughts on how championship will go for this year?

Are we to expect a straight knock out or will they stick with the group system for senior and how it is for intermediate/Junior?
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 09, 2020, 09:51:45 AM
whats everyones thoughts on how championship will go for this year?

Are we to expect a straight knock out or will they stick with the group system for senior and how it is for intermediate/Junior?

I'm guessing you'll have a period of time for challenge games leading up to that date and then it might be straight knock out! Hopefully we get a handy draw like last time  ;)

It's going to be tough in fairness to run off that format quickly when trying to run of football games also, we've dual players like yourselves and asking players to train and playing twice as much as a 'half GAA man  ;) ' is the asking a bit much possibly

Na Glinntí Glasa

lol yeah i was expecting it to be tougher for the dual clubs now and they wont want group games to be done.

I prefer the knock out system as theres no dead rubber games and theres more intensity to the games.

by the chat ive heard is that we will get some league games played off prior to the championship in both codes.
hurl like f**k boi!