Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on August 09, 2019, 10:44:30 PM
It wasn't easy on the eye but I for one do not give a flying feck.Our club was dead for 5 years with no hurling at all and one of the best pitches in Antrim.It might be a Junior B but to me we may as well have lifted the Liam McCarthy tonight.The Latharna Og club have had to put up with few other clubs have had to over the years with the exception of St Endas and Ardoyne.Easy enough to knock it from the lofty perch of Dunloy.

I would put ahoghill in that camp too. Really pleased to see Larne win this (no offense to Ballymena). I wonder will they enter the ai competition Ballymena did last year?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Heading to the double header in Glenravel the day. Haven't seen any of the teams play this year so I'm going by league results.

I'm assuming that it would be a Sarsfields & st Endas double?
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Good double header today. Second game was a damp squib, St Endas superb side.

Fair play to Glenravel for the organisation.

imtommygunn

20 points on ahoghill from st endas. Big scoring. Cushendun ran sarsfields closer than I thought they would. Decent win for loughgiel.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Was at the Lgiel v St John's game. Threatened to become a good game but was very stop start

Wasn't much in the game and Lgiel got a goal right st the death to give them a 6 point win.

Tough game and very physical. Not much between the sides.
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 10, 2019, 09:52:58 PM
Was at the Lgiel v St John's game. Threatened to become a good game but was very stop start

Wasn't much in the game and Lgiel got a goal right st the death to give them a 6 point win.

Dunloy's to win for sure.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 11, 2019, 04:16:08 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 10, 2019, 09:52:58 PM

Dunloy's to win for sure.

We will see the day what we're made of ;)
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Not a bad game. Some strange calls from Mark O'Neill in my opinion. Cushendall missing a few and I don't they will be 2 annoyed with that result.

breakingball

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 11, 2019, 08:43:49 PM
Not a bad game. Some strange calls from Mark O'Neill in my opinion. Cushendall missing a few and I don't they will be 2 annoyed with that result.

What he do?

Na Glinntí Glasa

that was a very flat game yesterday and not one you would be taking anything from for who could win the championship. In fact if you were at any of the games over the weekend you would be none the wiser as to who would win it.

Didnt think we played bad but it was more in patches we played well. Both defences were on top for large periods of the game and it showed with the lack of attempts on goal for each side. It was a case of as you were until this weekend to see if anything can be found out.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: breakingball on August 12, 2019, 12:51:46 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 11, 2019, 08:43:49 PM

What he do?

He gave a free to C'Dall and Campbell swung out and he booked him, surely that would be a
hop ball instead he let the free stay with C'Dall. Dunloy got a score that was almost certainly 3 times in the hand.

Shorty still a class act.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 12, 2019, 08:52:34 AM
that was a very flat game yesterday and not one you would be taking anything from for who could win the championship. In fact if you were at any of the games over the weekend you would be none the wiser as to who would win it.

Didnt think we played bad but it was more in patches we played well. Both defences were on top for large periods of the game and it showed with the lack of attempts on goal for each side. It was a case of as you were until this weekend to see if anything can be found out.

When's the last time we got a good game with cushendall involved. They turn the whole thing into a low scoring meat grinder. They are quite entitled to but it's not  great entertainment and our lads just had to keep the head down and break the tackles which they did. Job done and move on, Rossa at home is gonna be tough as well. League is over and championship is a more even contest for sure.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 12, 2019, 03:23:29 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 12, 2019, 08:52:34 AM

When's the last time we got a good game with cushendall involved. They turn the whole thing into a low scoring meat grinder. They are quite entitled to but it's not  great entertainment and our lads just had to keep the head down and break the tackles which they did. Job done and move on, Rossa at home is gonna be tough as well. League is over and championship is a more even contest for sure.

Joe Brolly? The style works for them..

themac_23

I see all the teams from the higher division won the play off games, playing against higher level opposition every week def gives teams an advantage, what was the reasoning for the 2 legs both at neutral venues? Found that strange, either 2 legs with a home and away or a one off at a neutral ground. Maybe next year they'll tweak it a bit

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: themac_23 on August 19, 2019, 11:00:59 AM
I see all the teams from the higher division won the play off games, playing against higher level opposition every week def gives teams an advantage, what was the reasoning for the 2 legs both at neutral venues? Found that strange, either 2 legs with a home and away or a one off at a neutral ground. Maybe next year they'll tweak it a bit

didnt make any sense at all to me that as well. would of potentially got each team a decent gate but i assume the county were at the gate collecting as it was a neutral venue?
hurl like f**k boi!