The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

turned it over last night. terrible. spillane opened with a predictibly tiresome dig at ulster football. They focused on the action for a while then once again put a referee's decision over a 2nd yellow under the microscope. This was the point at which I turned over cause im sick off pat digging and stirring thin air. As a neutral I could not give a shit about Tony Davis' or whoevers opinion on a minor yellow card incident. This type of stuff has bogged The Sunday Game down. Seeing the likes of Clarke was of much more interest. More focus on FOOTBALL please
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Louth Exile

Some of the "highlights" from last nights show were:

Little Bernie doing the fancy analysis piece and making a complete and utter bags of it. I can see why he did not go into management after the football career ended!

Davis going off on one about Henry coming forward and scoring a point for the Dubs and Tohill completely over ruling him by saying that if the Dubs backs hadn't have come forward during the game they would have lost. Tohill made the far more convincing argument (as usual)

Then after the Armagh Down game they were discussing the sending off, Tohill said that in fairness it probably was a second yellow and then Davis, as if just to have a shot back at Tohill completely disagreed with him. He sounded like a fool.

Tohill was right on both fronts (IMO) and that Davis is a clown and really should be dropped, along with wee Bernie.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ziggysego

Quote from: Jinxy on June 30, 2008, 11:50:57 AM
I thought Brolly going on about Peter McDonnells post-match comment about the donkey was priceless. ;D

Had my Dad and I in stitches. Swear to God, it's the only reason I tune into The Sunday Game, to hear what Brolly comes out with next  :D
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

What was the comment?

Jinxy

From what I gathered, McDonnell used a saying along the lines of (and this may not be 100% correct) "Riding the donkey too close to the tail." This was a new one for Joe and he was speculating as to how the saying came about. He reckoned it must have originated in South Armagh but Lyster intervened to cut to an ad break before things got out of hand!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Feckitt

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ziggysego

Quote from: Jinxy on June 30, 2008, 01:57:24 PM
From what I gathered, McDonnell used a saying along the lines of (and this may not be 100% correct) "Riding the donkey too close to the tail." This was a new one for Joe and he was speculating as to how the saying came about. He reckoned it must have originated in South Armagh but Lyster intervened to cut to an ad break before things got out of hand!

Close, Brolly said he never heard of that before and wondered what McDonnell was on about. Then he said that "I supposed it's South Armagh and we all know what they get up to down there" to which Lyster cut to an ad break before Brolly expanded on that ;)
Testing Accessibility

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

screenexile

Jess that's class! How come I've never heard of that before. "Oh Joanne I can see you in a big white Derry jersey, only a Derry Jersey!!"

That's be sweet  ;D ;D

ziggysego

"This year's Championship has been mildly distracted by the goings on of the sissy, pansy Protestant game of soccer currently going on in Europe"  :D :D :D :D :D
Testing Accessibility

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 30, 2008, 12:17:56 PM

Little Bernie doing the fancy analysis piece and making a complete and utter bags of it. I can see why he did not go into management after the football career ended!

Davis going off on one about Henry coming forward and scoring a point for the Dubs and Tohill completely over ruling him by saying that if the Dubs backs hadn't have come forward during the game they would have lost. Tohill made the far more convincing argument (as usual)

Then after the Armagh Down game they were discussing the sending off, Tohill said that in fairness it probably was a second yellow and then Davis, as if just to have a shot back at Tohill completely disagreed with him. He sounded like a fool.

Tohill was right on both fronts (IMO) and that Davis is a clown and really should be dropped, along with wee Bernie.
What exactly was Flynn trying to tell us? The caption on the screen implied that he was highlighting examples of slick hand-passing but he kept pointing out how so many of the players were taking the wrong options! I'm not sure if Joanne Cantwell adds anything to the programme.
"Stercus accidit"

Louth Exile

Quote from: Sandy Hill on July 02, 2008, 09:46:17 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on June 30, 2008, 12:17:56 PM

What exactly was Flynn trying to tell us? The caption on the screen implied that he was highlighting examples of slick hand-passing but he kept pointing out how so many of the players were taking the wrong options! I'm not sure if Joanne Cantwell adds anything to the programme.

Going by the nob nation clip, I don't think that big Anthony agrees with you  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

wherefromreferee?

No doubt on tonights show, after the highlights of the Munster Final, the show will once again view the 3 red cards decisions from every angle and in slow motion.  While another thread has already been started on this non-contact issue, I wonder what the experts will say tonight.  Nicholas Murphy will be clumsy, but probably deserved the 2 yellows cards.  Mark O'Se's looked bad in slow motion, but wasn't even a yellow IMO.  I didn't see what Dara got the first yellow for, but the second was pathetic.  Another game ruined by an over fussy referee.  We'll wait and see what big Tohill has to say.  Dara O Cinneide might be on the panel so it should hopefully be an interesting show.
In your Endo!

Maguire01

I wouldn't mind them analysing Kerry's point that may not have been early in the first half. Not that it made any difference in the end.