Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 19, 2017, 09:33:58 AM
A professional performance from United, we had a lot of possession especially in that second half but struggled to break them down. Too many attacking players didn't play well again mainly Lukaku & Mkhitaryan.

Injuries are mounting which is a worry, hopefully Rashford's isn't too serious and the Fellaini & Pogba aren't too far off returning.

Herrera was pish again too...

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on October 19, 2017, 10:39:10 AM
A professional performance from United, we had a lot of possession especially in that second half but struggled to break them down. Too many attacking players didn't play well again mainly Lukaku & Mkhitaryan.

Injuries are mounting which is a worry, hopefully Rashford's isn't too serious and the Fellaini & Pogba aren't too far off returning.

Slightly better than Saturday but he's got to do better. Blind was very poor going forward, I fully expected United to bring in a left back in the summer and was surprised when he didn't. Think there has been rumours United will be in for Rose in January and let Shaw go the other way with obviously a huge transfer fee.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 19, 2017, 02:09:07 PM

Slightly better than Saturday but he's got to do better. Blind was very poor going forward, I fully expected United to bring in a left back in the summer and was surprised when he didn't. Think there has been rumours United will be in for Rose in January and let Shaw go the other way with obviously a huge transfer fee.

Do you think Shaw is no good or beyond repair?? Before his awful injury he was probably our best player that season under LVG he really provided width to the attack. It plain to see Mourinho needs a lot of convincing regarding Shaw and hasn't warmed to him since his arrival.  I would just like to see him get a run in the side before we made the decision to let him go.
Living the dream!!!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 19, 2017, 02:25:30 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 19, 2017, 02:09:07 PM

Do you think Shaw is no good or beyond repair?? Before his awful injury he was probably our best player that season under LVG he really provided width to the attack. It plain to see Mourinho needs a lot of convincing regarding Shaw and hasn't warmed to him since his arrival.  I would just like to see him get a run in the side before we made the decision to let him go.

Its hard to make a case for him staying, its a shame as he was outstanding in the month before he broke his leg.

Maroon Manc

More talk about Ozil moving to OT, got to trust Mourhino's judgement on players he's worked with before. He's certainly not hit the heights at Arsenal that he did for Real Madrid.

magpie seanie

Yeah, an awful lot of smoke for there to be no fire. You've hit the nail on the head there. I wouldn't be too keen on Ozil judging on his Arsenal performances overall but Mourinho must think he can get him going again and he'll fit into his team structure.

Can he play left back????  ;D

Boycey

The Pogba situation gets stranger and stranger. Mourinho in his press conference today was able to give a timeline for Zlatans return but doesn't even know when Pogba will be back in the country let alone be playing again.

Quote"Paul is not here, I don't know when he comes back, when he's available, I've no idea," he said of the Frenchman.
"Zlatan is here, he's working here, under our control. He's working so, so, so, so hard but he's not going to be back in the next week or couple of weeks. We'll let him take his time and be back when everyone feels is the right moment.
"Do I think he will be back in 2017? Yes I do. But that is just a feeling."

GJL

Quote from: Boycey on October 20, 2017, 03:39:45 PM
The Pogba situation gets stranger and stranger. Mourinho in his press conference today was able to give a timeline for Zlatans return but doesn't even know when Pogba will be back in the country let alone be playing again.

Quote"Paul is not here, I don't know when he comes back, when he's available, I've no idea," he said of the Frenchman.
"Zlatan is here, he's working here, under our control. He's working so, so, so, so hard but he's not going to be back in the next week or couple of weeks. We'll let him take his time and be back when everyone feels is the right moment.
"Do I think he will be back in 2017? Yes I do. But that is just a feeling."

Read that myself earlier. Thought it strange. Probably a way of getting a message across to Pogba

Cunny Funt

Pogba was sent to Miami to speed up on his hamstring injury i'm sure Jose knows the situation but is keeping the media guessing.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 17, 2017, 04:27:21 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 17, 2017, 03:22:25 PM
I see Rojo is with the travelling party to Lisbon today, I didn't think he was that close. Zlatan close to returning also.

Surprised me when I read it yesterday, good to see him back as Jones can't be too far of getting injured.

You called that one!   ::)

Boycey

Jones is broken, it was only a matter of time really.

Cunny Funt

Huddersfield two attacks two goals. The defending by Lindelof on the 2nd goal was dreadful and Mata wasn't to clever on the 1st goal either.

Carmen Stateside

LOL !!!! Huddersfield !!!!
Another mourinho masterclass  ;D

Cunny Funt

A lot of huffing and puffing from United this afternoon, Huddersfield deserved the win for how well they defended. Just 22% possession is all they had which proves possession stats mean SFA.