2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinn

Limerick team v Clare 2017
LIMERICK: Donal O' Sullivan, Daniel Daly, Johnny McCarthy, Seán O'Dea, Paul White, Iain Corbett (C), Brian Fanning; Darragh Treacy, David Ward; Peter Nash, James Naughton, Garrett Noonan; Seamus O'Carroll, Danny Neville, Ger Collins
Subs: Josh Ryan for Ward (42), Seán McSweeney for Nash (46), Jamie Lee for Naughton (57), Tony McCarthy for Daniel Daly (60), Padraig Scanlon for Collins (62), Padraig Quinn for O'Carroll (67).

les Antiques

Make no mistake Limerick will be a big test considering where we are coming from .Saying that 16 players that were on last years panel are no longer involved with half of there panel this year facing into inter-county football for the first time ! That's a major transition if there ever was one .
Didn't see Ian Ryan's name on that panel ..? Good potent forward over the years .

Tony

Limerick have a very young outfit out - light and pacey. It'll be a tough test but if we have an experienced team named, I think that experience will stand to us. Would like to see our team named before making a prediction though.

Laoiseabu

We would also like to see the Limerick team named too Tony before making a prediction 😂

Don Draper

Donal O'Sullivan Monaleen (Captain)
Gareth Noonan Dromcollogher Broadford.
Sean O'Dea Kilteely Dromkeen
David Connolly Adare
Paul White Rathkeale
Cillian Fahy Dromcollogher Broadford
Jim Liston Gearld Griffins
Darragh Treacy St Kieran's
Brian Fanning Pallasgreen
Daniel Daly Fr Caseys
Peter Nash Kildimo Pallaskenry
Danny Neville Ballysteen
Tony McCarthy Kildimo Pallaskenry
Padraig Scanlon Glin
Jamie Lee Newcastle West

James Brouder Mountcollins 17. Shane Doherty Adare 18. Edward Sheehy Granagh-Ballingarry 19. Colm McSweeney Gerald Griffins 20. David Ward Fr Caseys 21. Tommy Griffin Gerald Griffins 22. Seamus O'Carroll Castleknock 23. Robbie Bourke Adare 24. Sean McSweeney St Kieran's 25. Pádraig De Brún Firies 26. Kieran Daly Na Piarsaigh

14 of them are from Senior Clubs. They're very young and in a very similar position to us. Ryan isn't involved.

Laoiseabu

Anyone from Limerick want to shed some light on this team?

LooseCannon

Quote from: les Antiques on January 25, 2018, 10:59:09 AM
Make no mistake Limerick will be a big test considering where we are coming from .Saying that 16 players that were on last years panel are no longer involved with half of there panel this year facing into inter-county football for the first time ! That's a major transition if there ever was one .
Didn't see Ian Ryan's name on that panel ..? Good potent forward over the years .

Ryan is gone to the Lebanon on a tour of duty with the army.

redsetanta

Some amount of league debutants in the 15 named. A new era has certainly begun. Best of luck to them all.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Bamford1995

Yup, lot of new faces, no harm though, ideally we can't afford to be experimenting when we are looking to get promotion but we've ignored it for a long time. I would imagine the next game will see a few more changes again

town1980

Just seen the laois team for the weekend definitely a totally new team and set up best of luck to John and his team for the weekend I'm looking forward to the game

OTF

Bamford1995

Brody

Holland, Nerney, Fennel,

Collins, attride, clowrey,

J'OL and O Reilly,

Farrell, Paul K, Glynn,

Lowry, Walsh, Dowling

Unison

That seems a very brave team selection. I hope it goes very well for them. I think he is right because in my opinion, building a new team is more important than promotion in Sugrue's first year.

I hope his bravery is rewarded with a win.

OTF

Thanks, brave team to go with looks like he's going to build a new team regardless.

Best of luck we really need this to work out.

theoldvet

Fair play to the Manager, A big risk
Win or Lose  I like it,