Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave like the tv channel

The CB have to take stock now. Their positions should be deemed untenable. They (some of them) have overseen Laois' fall from Div1 in 2012 to Div4 in 2017.

ollie12

The GDAs (Begley excused) are not working out. Is that a job for life, or do they actually have targets? Can they just churn out year after year of muck and be allowed to continue?

Excuse my ignorance, to be honest i don't know the roles of the GDA's so im not being smart  but why is Begley  excused? Does he have a different role or something?

High Fielder

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 04, 2017, 01:07:36 PM
To sick to even post after that defeat Sunday....

I don't know where to start.

Beating Longford now will be a hard task and if we do would we really be able to put it up to Kildare?

Thing is I still think there is the basis of a decent outfit there but something isn't right.

I also know we have taken the eye off the ball regarding coaching for a number of years now and are light years behind your Kildares Monaghan's and Tipps of this world who we should be competing with.

I'm usually positive and I respect everyone that tog's for this proud county but I just feel empty this week.

I get laughed at by Laois people for still going to support them. They obviously feel they're the clever ones. I think they're disloyal. The players who use Laois like a revolving door obviously know better too. We're in a proper state and I see no passion from anywhere. I'd be happy enough if we pulled out of the Championship and make a proper contribution to Gaelic football. We're not competing, so at least show the whole thing up for what it is. I feel like we're the biggest bunch of patsies in the world right now. Punch bags. Whipping boys.

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: High Fielder on April 04, 2017, 02:00:24 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on April 04, 2017, 01:07:36 PM
To sick to even post after that defeat Sunday....

I don't know where to start.

Beating Longford now will be a hard task and if we do would we really be able to put it up to Kildare?

Thing is I still think there is the basis of a decent outfit there but something isn't right.

I also know we have taken the eye off the ball regarding coaching for a number of years now and are light years behind your Kildares Monaghan's and Tipps of this world who we should be competing with.

I'm usually positive and I respect everyone that tog's for this proud county but I just feel empty this week.

I get laughed at by Laois people for still going to support them. They obviously feel they're the clever ones. I think they're disloyal. The players who use Laois like a revolving door obviously know better too. We're in a proper state and I see no passion from anywhere. I'd be happy enough if we pulled out of the Championship and make a proper contribution to Gaelic football. We're not competing, so at least show the whole thing up for what it is. I feel like we're the biggest bunch of patsies in the world right now. Punch bags. Whipping boys.
[/quote

Nothing much different from the majority of the last 130 years so

High Fielder

Nothing like this. This beats all. I don't expect much but I hate a team folding like we do.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Too sick to talk about Sunday but as has been said it was coming, if not this year then possibly next.
At least we might have Cahir Healy back next year.

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/04/04/healy-talks-hurling-joy-football-portlaoise-commute-london/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Anyone on this forum ever had personal experience working with any of the GDA's? What is your opinion on them and why?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: ollie12 on April 04, 2017, 01:33:24 PM
The GDAs (Begley excused) are not working out. Is that a job for life, or do they actually have targets? Can they just churn out year after year of muck and be allowed to continue?

Excuse my ignorance, to be honest i don't know the roles of the GDA's so im not being smart  but why is Begley  excused? Does he have a different role or something?

He's only in the door. Plus, feedback on him is very good.

Clubber Lang

Quote from: redsetanta on April 04, 2017, 04:29:54 PM
Anyone on this forum ever had personal experience working with any of the GDA's? What is your opinion on them and why?

How one or two of these lads were appointed (nepotism) was wrong, especially when it was clearly evident that they were unsuitable for the job. A lack of desire or onus on the part of these same individuals to engage in CPD at present is also very worrying. However, I don't think we should tar all the GDA's with the same brush and starting a discussion with regards to personal experiences of working with them achieves nothing and would be unwise.

OTF

Quote from: Clubber Lang on April 04, 2017, 05:33:19 PM

We would have to start up a new forum if lads were to start contributing to this Red Setanta. Appointments by nepotism and then not showing any desire to go and undertake any CPD through courses/training/upskilling should be grounds for concern.

Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to GDAs

Keyser Söze

I'd be uneasy about critiquing people's professional performance on an anonymous forum like this.

They should be critiqued, and at least bi-annually, by suitable personnel.

People mentioning Colm Browne to come in and examine what they are doing. I'd like to have seen an honest appraisal of his work for the few years spent in the job. (Bit rich considering my opening statement I know!). 
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

O moore parklife

See my post a few pages back. Tip of the iceberg I once asked for a look at a development plan didn't even receive an email back

BallyroanAbu

There is some horse manure on this forum,

GDA's ? The problem is not the GDA's, it's that there is not enough of them Begley is 15 Hrs, Kelly is 20 I think Donie is Full time.  Secondly clubs are doing very little themselves, Schools are doing absolutely nothing( Nice to see Portarlington winning today but how far have the 3-4 big schools fallen)  Clubs are also acting the bollox with GDA's saying who cannot and can be trained in the schools this is because the clubs are paying some of the GDA's wages. Niall Handy is swamped and is supposed also to be running the GDA's.  Were on about the GDA's there should be more of them,  I think Begley and Kelly are fine,  have not worked with Donie so don't know what he is like but they need a manager and more staff.  I said this earlier this month because of the poor show of our Senior Team. We are now working from the Leinster Council budget which is a pittance.  I don't know the answer to our issues but MONEY is at the core of it and the solution.

SCFC

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 04, 2017, 06:48:57 PM
Niall Handy is swamped
Ah come on, he's well paid to be "swamped".
A lot of counties don't even have a full time secretary.

BallyroanAbu

County Secretary pay €55,000 7 Days a week 24/7 on the Phone and in the County Board Office all hours.

I don't believe I am sticking up for him, but been a county secretary is not an easy job by any stretch and then been asked to over see the Strategic Set Up in Laois and Manage GDA's is not easy the admin side of been a County Secretary is as far as I can see a brutal job.  Would not do it for all the tea in China

quote author=SCFC link=topic=27317.msg1684994#msg1684994 date=1491329875]
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 04, 2017, 06:48:57 PM
Niall Handy is swamped
Ah come on, he's well paid to be "swamped".
A lot of counties don't even have a full time secretary.
[/quote]

I think most counties have full time County Secretaries paid for by Croke Park and the county board cannot imagine too many volunteer ones (they would have no time for a job)