Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfback

mc kenna cup panel named few strange names on it.

Heelflick15

time ticking away

Don't know full list but
Dan Mc Nulty
Shane O Hagan
Emmet Mc Kenna
Hugh Gallagher
Shay Mc Guigan
Peter Hughes
all added plus a few others
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Up The Middle

Quote from: time ticking away on December 11, 2013, 08:44:28 PM
Don't know full list but
Dan Mc Nulty
Shane O Hagan
Emmet Mc Kenna
Hugh Gallagher
Shay Mc Guigan
Peter Hughes
all added plus a few others

Shane Ohagan is not on the McKenna cup panel, where did you get your info....
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

God14

That's disappointing, I rate Shane O'Hagan. In the Kevin Hughes mould of old school Midfielders...  I don't think we are far away from official announcement of McKenna panel. Expecting plenty of new faces in the knowledge that we will have a fair few senior players sitting it out & also quite a few players who will be forced to play for a University team instead.

clarshack

what clubs are hugh gallagher and emmett mckenna from?

God14

Goals_Will_Come

Dan McNulty and PJ Laverty (Clonoe), Shea McGuigan (Ardboe), Patrick Quinn (Dungannon) and Emmett McKenna (Eglish) have all made it.
Injuries to Richard Donnelly, Stefan Tierney and Dwayne Quinn missed the trials through injury.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Full McKenna Cup panel here; http://www.tyronegaa.ie/2013/12/tyrone-mckenna-cup-panel-2014/

Good to see Niall McKenna getting another crack at it. Same vintage as Mattie Donnelly and he can take inspiration from the way Mattie kicked on this season. McKenna is certainly capable of being a good option for Tyrone.

Will be interesting to see how the SON experiment goes. His career post 2008 has been very frustrating indeed. Some wonderful performances but more often than not they were in league games. By the time the serious stuff came around each summer he was almost always injured. The Tyrone of 2008 knew they weren't going to have SON (and that Mugsy was off form) which meant Mickey had to look for different options. Hence the move of Cavanagh to full forward and a run of games for other guys who needed to step up to the plate. Colm McCullagh and Tommy McGuigan in particular did just that.

We have never had the same since as the team always prepared for the championship in expectation of SON being the main man, then ended up without him. Hasn't been a proper plan B. My own opinion - and I know most won't agree - is that it might actually have been no bad thing had SON retired. Magnificent player and servant, but the situation of the past few seasons has been of no use to him or Tyrone and I reckon it's probably held back a few other players who would otherwise got more of a run. This solution of leaving him for the league then introducing him for the summer might just work though, give others a chance in the league to really stake a claim and then have a hopefully fully fit SON for the big games in the summer. Here's hoping.

hugh the root

I have always said that whenever Shane Hagan plays well ;Clonoe play well.When i seen him in action against Omagh in Dunmoyle i preached that Clonoe would win.I told everyone bar Micky Harte.Shane Hagan gets my vote!

Up The Middle

Quote from: hugh the root on December 20, 2013, 09:31:44 PM
I have always said that whenever Shane Hagan plays well ;Clonoe play well.When i seen him in action against Omagh in Dunmoyle i preached that Clonoe would win.I told everyone bar Micky Harte.Shane Hagan gets my vote!

Ok Shane thanks for that
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

sam03/05

No Richard Donnelly in the squad is very dissapointing
One of the best players in Tyrone, exactly what we need. Can will ball at midfield or full forward.

Why would he even need a trial is clearly good enough.

Mikhailov

Is Richie Donnelly not injured? Heard he done knee few months ago - has missed all UUJ games to date I believe and all tyrone trials.

Can't be picked on squad if not available through injury!

Squad looks light but should be ok for McKenna cup. Would have liked to have seen Shane O'Hagan, Padraig McNulty, Rory Brennan, ruari Loughran get a sustained run to see what they are made of....

Knock Yer Mucker In

This is the second or third time that I have heard Shane O Hagans name mentioned re Tyrone, like Donnelly, O Hagan is injured and after an op.

nrico2006

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on December 20, 2013, 08:05:03 PM
Full McKenna Cup panel here; http://www.tyronegaa.ie/2013/12/tyrone-mckenna-cup-panel-2014/

Good to see Niall McKenna getting another crack at it. Same vintage as Mattie Donnelly and he can take inspiration from the way Mattie kicked on this season. McKenna is certainly capable of being a good option for Tyrone.

Will be interesting to see how the SON experiment goes. His career post 2008 has been very frustrating indeed. Some wonderful performances but more often than not they were in league games. By the time the serious stuff came around each summer he was almost always injured. The Tyrone of 2008 knew they weren't going to have SON (and that Mugsy was off form) which meant Mickey had to look for different options. Hence the move of Cavanagh to full forward and a run of games for other guys who needed to step up to the plate. Colm McCullagh and Tommy McGuigan in particular did just that.

We have never had the same since as the team always prepared for the championship in expectation of SON being the main man, then ended up without him. Hasn't been a proper plan B. My own opinion - and I know most won't agree - is that it might actually have been no bad thing had SON retired. Magnificent player and servant, but the situation of the past few seasons has been of no use to him or Tyrone and I reckon it's probably held back a few other players who would otherwise got more of a run. This solution of leaving him for the league then introducing him for the summer might just work though, give others a chance in the league to really stake a claim and then have a hopefully fully fit SON for the big games in the summer. Here's hoping.

Poor SONs career hasn't been the same since the beginning of 2006 when he started getting bother with the knee and hamstring.  Real shame.  Why is Mickey Harte so reluctant to bring young talent into the squad straight from minor level?  I see other counties such as Dublin/Mayo/Kerry who have no problem firing a talented minor or two into senior action as soon as possible.  In Tyrone, you are lucky if you see any of the top minors for a few years and to be honest this policy doesn't seem to be working.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'