The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: Hound on January 29, 2009, 07:50:03 AM
I thought Benny was the player causing Wigan the most problems - baffled by the decision to take him off, and on the night Kuyt was a far easier job for the Wigan defence.

Benayon was injured, he had to come off

nrico2006

QuoteHope Rafa stays with the scousers forever 
With him in charge there will be no PL coming to Anfield
Going to be a tight race for the CL spots this season...........
Agreed.  A loss on Saturday definitely ends Liverpools challenge this year.  As mentioned, it will be tight for the CL spot with Villa doing so good and Arsenal still there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

:D :D

Sorry Corn..

Sunday is now a massive game and all joking aside a place in the top 4 is doubtfull for Liverpool if they do not get the act together and go for the killer win in games but I can see nothing changing with Rafa in charge. He has lost enough points this season in a similar fashion... should have learned by now. He is simply not good enough to win the league!  I hope he stays. :)

corn02

Quote from: full back on January 29, 2009, 09:09:27 AM
Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 09:07:02 AM
You lot are like vultures.

Dont be like that corn  :D
Do you expect us to say nothing?
If it was the other way round I would expect it

Ah no, I didn;t mena it in a bad way.
At present we have no comeback so fill your boots.

anportmorforjfc

Sunday is now a massive game and all joking aside a place in the top 4 is doubtfull for Liverpool if they do not get the act together and go for the killer win in games but I can see nothing changing with Rafa in charge. He has lost enough points this season in a similar fashion... should have learned by now. He is simply not good enough to win the league!  I hope he stays. :)
[/quote]

so do i, brilliant manager :D :D

corn02

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 29, 2009, 09:31:50 AM

[/quote]

Suppose you lads were calling for Fergie's head too before he won that FA Cup?

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 09:45:49 AM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 29, 2009, 09:31:50 AM

Suppose you lads were calling for Fergie's head too before he won that FA Cup?
[/quote]

You might have to recount the detail of that for some of the United fans, pre-1993/Sky Sports and all that......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 28, 2009, 03:54:10 PM
What odds on fatty Mido coming off the bench to score a late equaliser for Wigan?

Good stuff BC.......  :'(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Minder on January 29, 2009, 09:56:40 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 28, 2009, 03:54:10 PM
What odds on fatty Mido coming off the bench to score a late equaliser for Wigan?

Good stuff BC.......  :'(

but he started  ;D

peterquaife

For the guys giving Gerrard a bit of stick, would you get a grip. The man is in his prime and should be enjoying sitting nicely at the summit of the Premier league with a very good chance of winning his first league medal for his boyhood club.

But instead of lording the midfield with Masch and Xavi by his side, he has to play with Lucarse and Bena-fcukin-youn and watching Rafa 'i know better than everyone even though the statistics are staying me in the face' Benetiz making some of the most unreal decisions.

What is happening at Anfield under Benetiz takes fustration to a whole new level....although its not the end of the world and nobody died

Stephen Kenny anyone?

PQ

lynchbhoy

havent been impressed by benitez after about 6 month into the job and think he's getting worse.

full back

It wouldnt matter to me how Gerrard or for that matter Torres was playing, I wouldnt be taking them off because they were tired, I mean FFS what a load of bollox

With the game a draw & about 10 mins left, why would you take the man off that was most likely to get a winner for you ???

Rafa take note "Dont fcuk with Fergie" :D
He has totally lost the plot, bet it wouldnt have happened to Stephen Kenny ;)

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on January 29, 2009, 10:30:51 AM
For the guys giving Gerrard a bit of stick, would you get a grip. The man is in his prime and should be enjoying sitting nicely at the summit of the Premier league with a very good chance of winning his first league medal for his boyhood club.

But instead of lording the midfield with Masch and Xavi by his side, he has to play with Lucarse and Bena-fcukin-youn and watching Rafa 'i know better than everyone even though the statistics are staying me in the face' Benetiz making some of the most unreal decisions.

What is happening at Anfield under Benetiz takes fustration to a whole new level....although its not the end of the world and nobody died

Stephen Kenny anyone?

PQ

Take it you didn't watch the game then? Benni was arguably ou best player before he got injured.

Lucas played well, but his foul shows he will never have the temperment, compusre and class of Alonso.

Also, just because Gerrad has been unreal, does not mean he is untouchable. If we are analysing performances he should not be immune from criticism on the very odd times he deserves it.

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 10:52:51 AM
Quote from: peterquaife on January 29, 2009, 10:30:51 AM

Stephen Kenny anyone?

PQ

Take it you didn't watch the game then? Benni was arguably ou best player before he got injured.

Lucas played well, but his foul shows he will never have the temperment, compusre and class of Alonso.

Also, just because Gerrad has been unreal, does not mean he is untouchable. If we are analysing performances he should not be immune from criticism on the very odd times he deserves it.

Did watch the game courtesy of Zulu

One question...are Benayoun and Lucas Liverpool FC standard? yes or no....

PQ

magpie seanie

Now is not the time for anyone to be gloating (or overly fatalistic). The end of the season is quite a distance away. The scenario outlined by someone of United losing (or drawing) v Everton and Liverpool beating Chelsea is quite possible so in the space of a few days it could all change. United do have a history of slipping up just when you think they've got themselves in a commanding position (Fergie often refers to "not making it easy on ourselves"). Liverpool, as was mentioned above, are actually better set up to get results against the better teams and Chelsea are not flying by any means.