The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronefan

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Minder on January 26, 2009, 01:34:46 PM
Quote from: gorm agus bui on January 26, 2009, 01:31:16 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2009, 10:19:44 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 08:03:45 PMKeane has had a raw deal, but not as bad as some people are making out.

If he did something on the pitch - then he deserves a shot, but he hasn't - he's been shocking all year - bar 1 or 2 games

Talking about getting shot, was there a sniper in Anfield yesterday. Just was amused how easily and how often  your man  Mascherrano went down compared to his compratriot at Old trafford

So were you amused, upset, curious or otherwise ?
I think it does say amused in there somewhere.

Minder

Quote from: gorm agus bui on January 26, 2009, 02:13:21 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 08:03:45 PMKeane has had a raw deal, but not as bad as some people are making out.

If he did something on the pitch - then he deserves a shot, but he hasn't - he's been shocking all year - bar 1 or 2 games

Talking about getting shot, was there a sniper in Anfield yesterday. Just was amused how easily and how often  your man  Mascherrano went down compared to his compratriot at Old trafford

I have a feeling you were disappointed in his actions though..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Minder on January 26, 2009, 02:16:57 PM

not at all. Just amused at how quickly Stevie's theatrics rub off..

Minder

Quote from: gorm agus bui on January 26, 2009, 02:42:11 PM

not at all. Just amused at how quickly Stevie's theatrics rub off..

This is Mascheranos third season with Liverpool.

peterquaife

absolutely, Liverpool player or not, this sh!te has to be stamped out...

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: gorm agus bui on January 26, 2009, 01:31:16 PMTalking about getting shot, was there a sniper in Anfield yesterday. Just was amused how easily and how often  your man  Mascherrano went down compared to his compratriot at Old trafford

of course - they are all sweetness and light over there

Armamike

Quote from: corn02 on January 26, 2009, 09:07:58 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2009, 12:15:17 AM
Look - he's just not good enough in a lot of ways. His temperament is suspect and he has never been able to take criticism (his appearance on the Late, Late Show alone confirms this. He was a bad buy for Liverpool because their best formation is one (Torres) up with Gerrard free just behind. He is not cut out to play either role. He needs someone like a Berbatov to put things on a plate and if he scores a few then his conversion rate increases. It seems entirely plausbile to me that he is not a Benitez signing.

Some Liverpool fans may not like this but I'm not just criticising him because he plays for Liverpool. I thought this of him long before he ever moved to Merseyside. If anything I'm surprised and admire the workrate he has developed at Anfield - though I've seen it in flashes before when he wasn't scoring.

Pretty spot on to be fair.

Two 1-1s and two very contrasting performances. We suit 4-4-1-1 not 4-4-2.

Depends who the one up front is. If Torres isn't fit then who else can step in for  4-4-1-1 to work?

Jeez there are a few players who are really frustrating. Babel, Riera  - what the hell are they actually contributing to the team?  Never seems to be an end product with either. 

Torres - that flick was pure genius.

Couldn't believe the lead up to the Everton goal.  Did nobody take a look at the tape from the game last week and notice a certain Tim Cahill loitering with intent around the square? 

Is anyone else getting a bit fed up with Benitez's interviews?  I didn't think he needed to stoke things up after the game with that stuff about Everton's tactics. What way did he expect them to play?  Keep it shut Rafa and get on with the important stuff, let the club salvage any wee bit of dignity that's left from the past 2 years with the 2 w**ks, sorry yanks, in charge.

That's just, like your opinion man.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Armamike on January 26, 2009, 10:41:02 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 26, 2009, 09:07:58 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2009, 12:15:17 AM
Look - he's just not good enough in a lot of ways. His temperament is suspect and he has never been able to take criticism (his appearance on the Late, Late Show alone confirms this. He was a bad buy for Liverpool because their best formation is one (Torres) up with Gerrard free just behind. He is not cut out to play either role. He needs someone like a Berbatov to put things on a plate and if he scores a few then his conversion rate increases. It seems entirely plausbile to me that he is not a Benitez signing.

Some Liverpool fans may not like this but I'm not just criticising him because he plays for Liverpool. I thought this of him long before he ever moved to Merseyside. If anything I'm surprised and admire the workrate he has developed at Anfield - though I've seen it in flashes before when he wasn't scoring.

Pretty spot on to be fair.

Two 1-1s and two very contrasting performances. We suit 4-4-1-1 not 4-4-2.

Depends who the one up front is. If Torres isn't fit then who else can step in for  4-4-1-1 to work?

Jeez there are a few players who are really frustrating. Babel, Riera  - what the hell are they actually contributing to the team?  Never seems to be an end product with either. 

Bit harsh on Riera who I think has been pretty good since he arrived bar a couple of quiet games.

Hound

Daniel Agger comments on his ongoing contract negotiations:

"We have only met once with Liverpool," he told Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet .

"At the meeting we had in early November, I was told the club would soon come back. Now it has been 12 weeks since we talked together.

"It's an annoying situation, and in principle it is a little frustrating not getting the message - especially when it has been almost three months. It was the club who said they would come back soon."

Over the Bar

If City are serious about Keane then Liverpool should get their money back but if it's Spurs he returns to expect to get severly shafted on your £18M.  Was that figure dependent on appearances or how much have you paid to date?

gawa316

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 27, 2009, 09:56:08 AM
If City are serious about Keane then Liverpool should get their money back but if it's Spurs he returns to expect to get severly shafted on your £18M.  Was that figure dependent on appearances or how much have you paid to date?

Can't remember where I heard it or read it but think we have only paid 6 million or something like that

Minder

I read on another forum that Keane was told not to turn up on Sunday after he exchanged words with Benitez after the drawn league game on Monday night. Could be horses*it but it all sounds ominous for Keane...........

Maiden1

Quote from: Maiden1 on January 27, 2009, 01:08:29 PM
I'm sure this has been asked on previous pages but I can't be bothered reading all the pages but why did Rafa sign Keane and then not play him and look like he has never rated him?   I could understand if Houllier had signed him but he paid 20 million for him in the summer, given Keane's age etc. it was certainly an eye opener for me paying that much but it just doesn't make sense.  Even when Keane was not scoring at the start of the season he was working really hard and Liverpool where winning most of the matches.  Then in his last couple of games he has scored 3 goals and then been discarded.  I have always been a huge fan of Rafa's but he does some strange things at times IMHO.

Maybe if it was Chelsea or Manchester City they could sign someone for 20 million then go nah I don't fancy them that much but Liverpool don't have the resources to be spending that much and then Rafa not fancying a player.  Surely Liverppol had done there homework before pushing through the deal.  Everyone knows Keane is a yard short of pace in regard to being work class so I don't see how anything Keane has done has been such a surprise to Liverpool.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Minder

Quote from: Maiden1 on January 27, 2009, 01:13:40 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on January 27, 2009, 01:08:29 PM
I'm sure this has been asked on previous pages but I can't be bothered reading all the pages but why did Rafa sign Keane and then not play him and look like he has never rated him?   I could understand if Houllier had signed him but he paid 20 million for him in the summer, given Keane's age etc. it was certainly an eye opener for me paying that much but it just doesn't make sense.  Even when Keane was not scoring at the start of the season he was working really hard and Liverpool where winning most of the matches.  Then in his last couple of games he has scored 3 goals and then been discarded.  I have always been a huge fan of Rafa's but he does some strange things at times IMHO.

Maybe if it was Chelsea or Manchester City they could sign someone for 20 million then go nah I don't fancy them that much but Liverpool don't have the resources to be spending that much and then Rafa not fancying a player.  Surely Liverppol had done there homework before pushing through the deal.  Everyone knows Keane is a yard short of pace in regard to being work class so I don't see how anything Keane has done has been such a surprise to Liverpool.

He always has been short of pace though and has performed far better at Spurs than he is now. As for Liverpool signing him the consensus seems to be Benitez had nothing to do with signing him, he was Rick Parrys "baby". I am actually really surprised we have managed to stay at the top all season, only losing one game, with some of the off the field s*ite that has been going on.