The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I quite liked the bit about about Fergie drafting the fixtures himself and letting everyone else know. You can just imagine Fergie sitting with his calendar and a large Whyte & Mackay............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Well in Rafa lad, I take away my inital disappointment comment. Dnr texted me and said "I hope he is not doing a Keegan." Very much planned out and not an outburst. Pre=pallned and methodical. He will have done it for a reason, he has shown he can keep his class but still stand up for himself too. Delighted with this, hopefully we don't blow it tomorrow. I think United and Pool fans will agree when Rafa said United did not expect Liverpool to be top at the moment.

Gabriel_Hurl

the best piece was his advice for Scolari

he told him to employ the zonal marking system as all the United players will be around the ref

GalwayBayBoy

Not sure if it was worth commentating on Ferguson's drivel even if it's all true but Rafa isn't an emotional type like Keegan so he'll have come out and said the things he did for a reason.

You know Ferguson is taking Liverpool seriously though when he's talking about them in the days before they are due to play Chelsea.

Minder

Cant wait to see the goons on Sky Soccer Saturday tomorrow, Le Tissier will be "shocked", Merson will be shaking his head "i fink hes lost it big time Jeff, know wat i mean?". Charlie Nich' will probably, with a cheeky smile, announce the end of Liverpools title challenge..............

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2009, 03:47:54 PM
Cant wait to see the goons on Sky Soccer Saturday tomorrow, Le Tissier will be "shocked", Merson will be shaking his head "i fink hes lost it big time Jeff, know wat i mean?". Charlie Nich' will probably, with a cheeky smile, announce the end of Liverpools title challenge..............

Thing is that's exactly what they are going to say. ;D

stevo-08

Quote from: full back on January 09, 2009, 03:14:01 PM
The pressure is starting to tell & its on January :D
Imagine poor Rafa if Liverpool stay in contention until April...............

nonsense. rafa is by a long way the calmest manager in the PL. Nothing seems to phase the man. The only time I've ever seen him so much as raise an eyebrow after Liverpool scored a goal was when babel scored the winner v united. Now imagine if a team like Villa scored a winner v united - O'Neill would still be doing laps of the pitch!!!

If liverpool are still in contention for the next few months, I trust rafa to stay cool throughout. Now the players on the other hand...

Minder

Takes the pressure off the players, and one in particular, all the attention will be on Rafa tomorrow.This wasnt a mental Keegan "i will love it" moment. It was obviously pre meditated. Benitez couldnt get "furious" (in public) if he was paid.

corn02

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2009, 03:58:45 PM
Takes the pressure off the players, and one in particular, all the attention will be on Rafa tomorrow.This wasnt a mental Keegan "i will love it" moment. It was obviously pre meditated. Benitez couldnt get "furious" (in public) if he was paid.

Spot on, as I said on the Man U thread, both sets of fans will be happy with this interview.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2009, 03:58:45 PM

True but the media and pundits and so far up Fergie's backside that if anyone even replies to him they will claim a resounding victory for Sir Alex the Derren Brown of the football world.

Doogie Browser

In fairness though away to Stoke is hardly the type of game that he would need to remove the pressure from the players.  I can't help but think he would have been better to not respond at all as it will only give fuel to the sensationalists.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 09, 2009, 04:06:00 PM
In fairness though away to Stoke is hardly the type of game that he would need to remove the pressure from the players.  I can't help but think he would have been better to not respond at all as it will only give fuel to the sensationalists.

Every game from now on is a big game it doesn't matter if it's Stoke or Everton or Arsenal..
I said earlier I believe this game to be our biggest of the season so far because of Chelsea playing Man U on sunday its a must win game for Liverpool against Stoke so that in itself brings huge pressure
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

That would be my thinking as well db
Fergie loves getting a rise out of other managers aims get them to respond if nothing else
Rafa seems to have taken the bait

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 09, 2009, 04:08:15 PM

Every game from now on is a big game it doesn't matter if it's Stoke or Everton or Arsenal..
I said earlier I believe this game to be our biggest of the season so far because of Chelsea playing Man U on sunday its a must win game for Liverpool against Stoke so that in itself brings huge pressure

Perhaps not the biggest, but right up there. We could implode or send out a warning.

Doogie Browser

Stoke actually beat Villa at home earlier this season so will be no push-overs, but I do feel Rafa has made a big c**k up with this.  The press will love this, I said they would love this.