The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Knee ligaments for Fabregas. Great news altogether.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Midman

Thats a pity about Fabregas, I like watching him play. Didnt look a particularly nasty challenge either

milltown row

J70

Fair result in the end, as Liverpool didn't really push the issue. Adebayor's first yellow was a bit harsh, so he was unlucky. Keane's finish brought back memories of Fowler at his height - excellently taken, as was Van Persie's.

Carmen Stateside

Ref destroyed it with the sending off!
Both tackles were over the top but dont think there was much intent, more a case of him trying to get between man and ball.
Point at the Emirates isnt that bad, was well impressed with Insua at left back but our bench today looked very poor.  Do you think he will go for any signings January?

GalwayBayBoy

Finishes 1-1

We were actually playing much better against 11 men. Adebayor going off seemed to get the remaining Arsenal players working five times as hard. Still Agger had a long range shot go close and El Zahr put a header just past the post near the end. Still and oppertunity missed considering the Arse were down to 10 and had lost Fabregas. Not a bad result but you'd have liked them to go for the win a bit more in the 2nd half but in fairness Arsenal upped their workrate considerably. Need to start winning again pronto though. And get Torres back on the pitch.

Great goal for Keane. Hope it begins a run for him. Thought Insua did quite well at left-back. Far prefer him to Dossena anyway. Babel was poor when he came on. Kept losing the ball.

glens73

Isn't Jamie Redknapp a prat!, insisting it was a great point for Liverpool whereas Hoddle was rightly saying how he couldn't understand why they didn't go for it against 10 men.

There's too many draws being had for Liverpool to win the title.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: glens73 on December 21, 2008, 06:20:21 PM
There's too many draws being had for Liverpool to win the title.

You could say the same about Man U and Chelsea except everyone expects them to go and win 10 games on the trot soon. League will probably be won by the lowest points total in years.

corn02

Hmmmm I'm not sure if I am happy, annoyed, confused or what. I haven't worked it out yet.

On paper it is a very good result and we played quite well. Insua was excellent and he got some great ball in, Aurelio is no longer a shoo-in, which is obviously good for the team. Carragher and Agger done well and Arbeloa is really coming into his own. Kuyt was good, especially in the 15 before halftime, he tortured Clichy. Reira was quiet today, didn't threathen much. Alonso was ok, a bit poorer than the high standard he has set. I thought Lucas was doing ok, but was our bes tplayer when they went down to 10 - probably demonstrates how the match went after that point.

Gerrard had one of his poorer games. Continually gave the ball away and should have scored before the interval. Keane was living off scraps but took the goal superbly. As J70 says first thing I thought off was Fowler. Hard to know which goal was the best today.

1-0 down after 24 minutes, a point would have been taken. We have played Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Villa away and we are still top. This is a weird season and it is impossible to predict what will happen in the second half.

One more note, Babel is regressing at a fast rate for me.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: corn02 on December 21, 2008, 06:33:47 PM

At least last season he used to be excellent when coming on a sub. Now he's terrible after he comes on. Have to wonder if his heart is in it seeing as he asked to go back to Ajax on loan.

corn02

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 21, 2008, 06:38:40 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 21, 2008, 06:33:47 PM

At least last season he used to be excellent when coming on a sub. Now he's terrible after he comes on. Have to wonder if his heart is in it seeing as he asked to go back to Ajax on loan.

Agreed. That is why I take issue with people making a big deal when Babel doesn;t come on for Kuyt, I know who I would rather have. I reckon he had five touches today and lost it four times, Kuyt would have at least helf onto two of them.  :-[

It is nevr a good sign when he is looking an escape route like he was. It is frustrating because I am still expecting it to click for him, but at the moment El Zhar is a better option for me.

Norf Tyrone

Just seen the goals on the news, two fantastic strikes. As Corn states 'wierd season'.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 21, 2008, 07:02:21 PM
Just seen the goals on the news, two fantastic strikes. As Corn states 'wierd season'.

Certainly is, I really don;t know what to expect in the second half of the year.

Minus15

It is a decent result but the way the game panned out was a bit disappointed not to win the game as Im sure the players are. I thought at half time that the period between Keane's goal and half time would be the best chance of nicking the win and thats the way it turned out in the end.
Very impressed by the two full backs today. Arbeloa's ball retention is vastly improved and Insua looked positionally sound and offered a good outlet at times. Lucas was steady too and rarely gave the ball away but must have given away maybe 8 free kicks the whole game. He lacks direction with his tackling. just seems to aimlessly chop at the legs of the man and hope that he gets the ball.
Great goal by Keane. Fair play to him taking it first time it was a great finish. Thought Kuyt worked hard and succeeded in keeping Clichy on the back foot for most of the game. Gerrard was quiet enough but showed some great touches throughout and a great tackle on Van Persie towards the end. If only there wasnt as much pace on Kuyt's centre late in the first half he would have had a simple tap-in.
El Zhar is a bit like Riera in that he has the ability to hold the ball in tight situations just when you think he has lost it or overrun it. Someone I would like to see more of ahead of the likes of Benayoun and even Babel who at the minute looks so disinterested. He does have the ability to be a match winner on his day but has made very little imapct as a sub since the Man U game, must be maybe ten times he has come on since. His attitude must not be quite right at present. His first touch simply isn't what it should be. Don't think he will lwave in January though because we don't have anyone else like him to bring of the bench. maybe a few more starts would help him reclaim his confidence I don't know.
Overall I suppose happy enough with the point. Still in the hunt at this stage. Last season at Christmas we were 11 behind arsenal so gota b happy enough and hopefully with Torres back soon we can start turning draws into wins.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minus15 on December 21, 2008, 07:19:33 PM
If only there wasnt as much pace on Kuyt's centre late in the first half he would have had a simple tap-in.

I had completely forgotten about that. Should have been a goal. Kuyt just put too much on it. A bit less power and Gerrard would have tapped it in.