The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Rafael Benitez has rubbished claims that Martin Skrtel is seeking a move away from Liverpool. Reports in the Russian press suggested the 24-year-old defender - who is currently recovering from a knee injury - was unsettled in England and was looking for a move back to former club Zenit St Petersburg.

But Benitez insists his Slovakian centre-back is happy on Merseyside and enjoying life at Anfield.

"These sort of stories always tend to come out during an international week," said the Liverpool manager.

"I was talking with Martin at Melwood yesterday and it was clear that he is very happy and just wants to get back playing.

"He is working very hard to get himself fit again and he is very settled at Liverpool – both in the city and at the club."

Benitez was today keeping his fingers crossed that his international stars returned to Melwood injury-free after last night's friendlies across Europe.

Five of his players figured in Spain's 3-0 win over Chile in Villarreal with Fernando Torres, Pepe Reina, Xabi Alonso, Alvaro Arbeloa and Albert Riera all winning another cap.

"It was good to see so many of our players involved because it shows how important Liverpool are," he said. "I was especially pleased for Arbeloa and Riera because they are getting their reward for working hard and doing a good job for a good club.

"Hopefully the players will come back and be fit and ready for the game against Fulham because that is the most important thing for us now." 

Gabriel_Hurl

Doogie Browser

Love the tag on Pennant's wrist, just to remind us.

Minder

I dont know why Benitez ever bought him, he stood out on a very poor Birmingham team.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

supersarsfields

I actually had hoped that he was going to be a good buy. I thought at least he was someone who could run at defenders and take them on. Something we were badly missing as Kewell hadn't preformed. Unfortunately I was wrong and he should be shipped on to Someone else.

Aghdavoyle

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 20, 2008, 10:55:54 AM
corn, if I am not mistaken but the most of those goals were in the game against Besiktas and the non league team in the FA Cup.  He has to take 3 touches every time he palys the ball and slows the whole game up.  Road him is what I say, get £5m back and call it quits.  Get money for Pennant, promote El Zhar to the first team squad proper and use the money raised to buy a decent full back.

Re a full-back I see the rumour mill has Bridge to Merseyside for £7million. I can't seeit happening in this transfer window if the two teams are still necked at the top of the table.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gawa316

GERRARD RULED OUT OF FULHAM CLASH
Paul Eaton 21 November 2008 
  Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of tomorrow's league clash with Fulham - but Robbie Keane is fit after recovering from a shoulder injury. 

No Stevie tomorrow so the team should pick itself

Reina
Arbeloa Carra agger Aurelio
Kuyt Masch Alonso Riera
Torres Keane

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on November 21, 2008, 03:30:40 PM
GERRARD RULED OUT OF FULHAM CLASH
Paul Eaton 21 November 2008 
  Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of tomorrow's league clash with Fulham - but Robbie Keane is fit after recovering from a shoulder injury. 

No Stevie tomorrow so the team should pick itself

Reina
Arbeloa Carra agger Aurelio
Kuyt Masch Alonso Riera
Torres Keane

Shouldn't really affect the team that much..We didn't need him to beat Man United I doubt it will matter against Fulham
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minus15

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minus15

what setanta channel is that laoislad? would i not get it in the north??

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minus15 on November 22, 2008, 02:56:56 PM
what setanta channel is that laoislad? would i not get it in the north??

Its on Setanta 1
Not sure if you can get it up north,I have it on Ntl
You'll Never Walk Alone.