The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteWon it 2-1 and had the clearest penalty you will see all year not given by Mike Riley

Apart from the fact he got the ball?

corn02

ONeill

Sean Dundee would've looked good in that Liverpool team!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Crocodille Dundee would have looked good tonight.

Over the Bar

Quoteehhhh no he didn't.

ehhh watch it again.  His toe tips the ball away just before the tumble.  A slight touch yes, but a touch nonetheless.

The Real Laoislad

At least thats out of the way..Not bothered one bit about the result
Positives - El Zhar looks like a decent player
Other than that they were all poor,I'm especially concerned about Agger even tonight in a meaningless enough game he looked dodgy,thats a few times this season he has been poor since he has come back
I also thought Babel had no intrest in being on the pitch,I'm still not sure about him
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 12, 2008, 10:51:54 PM
Quoteehhhh no he didn't.

ehhh watch it again.  His toe tips the ball away just before the tumble

Touching the ball first does not automatically mean its not a foul,It was a bad challenge and should have been a peno,especially as if he did touch the ball it was only the slightest of touches and was not a clean tackle
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

If Liverpool have serious designs on winning the title this year, going out early in the cups will do them good. They won't go out to lose but maintaining that challenge with Chelsea is paramount. Unfortunately, Benitez's love affair with the Champions League could hinder them. Like Arsenal, Liverpool haven't the squad to seriously compete for both the CL and the title together. I think Benitez should use the CL as a side issue, for bringing some players on and those in need of game time. Pile all his chips into the league. Give Gerrard etc as much rest as possible midweek. He won't do that though. Liverpool's tradition means they demand European success and that could be their downfall again.  
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Good points O'Neill much better than 'these boys are shite' that some have posted tonight.  ::)

I think Rafa will actually rest pol;enty until the knock-out stages of the CL. We are basically through and a draw with Marsaille should suffice.

The Chritsmas period will be crucial and DEC 21 especially.

Yes I Would

Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 10:07:08 PM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 09:40:34 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 09:12:04 PM
Basically yes!! When did Liverpool start celebrating second place and runners up medals??
My feeling is that after 4 1/2 years with 3rd place his highest finish, this is the year to deliver. Sitting pretty in November is positive, but its a long season and some of these second string arent up to it and hopefully arent gonna be relied upon to sustain a title challenge.

f**k you are talking some shite lad. Its a Carling Cup match go away and talk some sense will ya yo fool.

You would know all about it. You do nothing but it on the Armagh club thread about your beloved club and your inability to question anything regarding any of the O Rourkes.
Face the facts and take off your club coloured glasses an odd time and see things really for  how they are.

Brilliant reply you shithead. You obviosuly know f**k all about soccer as well as GAA

Jesus settle yourself down you muck savage.

Champions leaague was welcomed but that was almost 4 years ago. Should have kicked on from that and havent. I hope this year is the year, and it could well be.
Rafa obviously feels now is the time as they are sitting pretty in the league to push home the issue of his contract, which he is well entitled to do.
Most supporters seem convinced he is the man. I dont, and cant feel he has no god given right to earn another 4 year contract worth an alleged 20 million at this stage of his Liverpool career unless either a league or champions league is delivered.

gawa316

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 11:12:28 PM
[Most supporters seem convinced he is the man. I dont

Out of interest, who would you have?

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stalin

BEAT IN THE CARLING CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

RAFA OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2008, 11:23:26 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 12, 2008, 11:22:36 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 11:12:28 PM
[Most supporters seem convinced he is the man. I dont

Out of interest, who would you have?

Steve Staunton

Will the buck stop with him or the yanks?!

I'll get my coat