The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

Your reason in support of Carragher being MOTM was that he got forward a lot. Does one shot down the keeper's throat constitute creativiity or success? Contradiction much?
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Stalin on November 04, 2008, 10:02:11 PM
Your reason in support of Carragher being MOTM was that he got forward a lot. Does one shot down the keeper's throat constitute creativiity or success? Contradiction much?

Where did I say Carra was MOTM?

And btw Carra is a centre half its not his job to get forward but did so on more than one occasion and at least passed to a Liverpool player
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stalin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 04, 2008, 10:02:52 PM

And btw Carra is a centre half its not his job to get forward but did so on more than one occasion and at least passed to a Liverpool player

you responded to the poster who said gerrard was MOTM with: 'I thought Carra played well..He went forward at every chance and might have even scored,he was certainly better than the two yobs Arebola and Aurelio.'

I'm aware that Carragher is a centre half, makes it even more baffling that you were using his forays forward in support of your claims.

Long time since I heard anyone praising Carragher's passing!  :o

Gabriel_Hurl

LL's hatred of Arbeloa shining through tonight again

Carra was at fault for the first goal - he's been poor the last 4 games or so now

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Stalin on November 04, 2008, 10:11:53 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 04, 2008, 10:02:52 PM

you responded to the poster who said gerrard was MOTM with: 'I thought Carra played well..He went forward at every chance and might have even scored,he was certainly better than the two yobs Arebola and Aurelio.'

I'm aware that Carragher is a centre half, makes it even more baffling that you were using his forays forward in support of your claims.

Long time since I heard anyone praising Carragher's passing!  :o

Either your taking the piss or you just don't get what I am saying  ???
My response wasn't meant as a Carra was better than Gerrard statement it was mearly meant as Carra played well too..I didn't highlight any of the previous post so how could you have known what I was replying too?
I used his forward play because when losing 1-0 he got forward and tried to create something,He had a shot on target,he delivered a few crosses and also found a Liverpool player when it was the best option to pass..
Neither Arbeola nor Aurelio did anything even remotely like that tonight,The constantly gave the ball away hence the reason I gave regarding Carra and neither of the two could cross a ball if their lives depended on it.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 04, 2008, 10:14:38 PM
LL's hatred of Arbeloa shining through tonight again

Carra was at fault for the first goal - he's been poor the last 4 games or so now

No hatred for him at all I don't know him personally so I don't hate the man..I do however think he is brutal....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

I'm relying on the rather poor picture on 101greatgoals, but it looks to me like Gerrard got to the ball first and then the contact happened. Soft penalty perhaps, but I don't see how it was a dive. However, you men all have the benefit of decent pictures, so I'll take your word for it for now.

under the bar

Is it not about time the Merseyside police apprehended that sniper in Anfield?

Stalin

QuoteEither your taking the piss or you just don't get what I am saying  ???
My response wasn't meant as a Carra was better than Gerrard statement it was mearly meant as Carra played well too..I didn't highlight any of the previous post so how could you have known what I was replying too?

?

Quote from: Stalin on November 04, 2008, 09:56:59 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 04, 2008, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 04, 2008, 09:49:46 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on November 04, 2008, 09:44:45 PM
Right any sane person knows Ronaldo dives all over the place, but never let it be said again that Gerard is some big hard player who is above all that. They are all just the same, that was ridiculous. Fell like a dying swan.
It was obvious from the collision in the air both players would fall but it was Gerard's theatrics, arms waving and appeal that won the decision.

What can a player do when he is wrote off in mid air, a shoulder in the back = a foul.  A foul in the box = a penalty.  Why the confusion??

Dont know why a lot of posters are saying Stevie G was not his usual high standards etc...he was the best Liverpool player on the night!!!!!  Name me one who was better??

I thought Carra played well..He went forward at every chance and might have even scored,he was certainly better than the two yobs Arebola and Aurelio

QuoteI used his forward play because when losing 1-0 he got forward and tried to create something,He had a shot on target,he delivered a few crosses and also found a Liverpool player when it was the best option to pass..
Neither Arbeola nor Aurelio did anything even remotely like that tonight,The constantly gave the ball away hence the reason I gave regarding Carra and neither of the two could cross a ball if their lives depended on it.

Aurelio can't cross a ball? Good decision to get him on set piece duty by Rafa then! Neither did 'anything remotely like that'? Aurelio had a shot in first half, swung in a few dangerous balls, was always in support of the play too. He was caught out of position for their goal as a result of bombing forward. Arbeloa was always an option out the right, linked well with Kuyt.

Do you honestly think Carragher offered more going forward than those two?

edit-holy jesus that quoting business is a load of shite, you wil have to wade through them as i cant be arsed sorting them out.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2008, 10:20:03 PM
I'm relying on the rather poor picture on 101greatgoals, but it looks to me like Gerrard got to the ball first and then the contact happened. Soft penalty perhaps, but I don't see how it was a dive. However, you men all have the benefit of decent pictures, so I'll take your word for it for now.

He dived end of story
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Stalin on November 04, 2008, 09:56:59 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 04, 2008, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 04, 2008, 09:49:46 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on November 04, 2008, 09:44:45 PM
Right any sane person knows Ronaldo dives all over the place, but never let it be said again that Gerard is some big hard player who is above all that. They are all just the same, that was ridiculous. Fell like a dying swan.
It was obvious from the collision in the air both players would fall but it was Gerard's theatrics, arms waving and appeal that won the decision.

What can a player do when he is wrote off in mid air, a shoulder in the back = a foul.  A foul in the box = a penalty.  Why the confusion??

Dont know why a lot of posters are saying Stevie G was not his usual high standards etc...he was the best Liverpool player on the night!!!!!  Name me one who was better??

I thought Carra played well..He went forward at every chance and might have even scored,he was certainly better than the two yobs Arebola and Aurelio

QuoteI used his forward play because when losing 1-0 he got forward and tried to create something,He had a shot on target,he delivered a few crosses and also found a Liverpool player when it was the best option to pass..

Aurelio can't cross a ball? Good decision to get him on set piece duty by Rafa then! Neither did 'anything remotely like that'? Aurelio had a shot in first half, swung in a few dangerous balls, was always in support of the play too. He was caught out of position for their goal as a result of bombing forward. Arbeloa was always an option out the right, linked well with Kuyt.

Do you honestly think Carragher offered more going forward than those two?

edit-holy jesus that quoting business is a load of shite, you wil have to wade through them as i cant be arsed sorting them out.

Na couldn't be arsed myself..We'll have to argee to disagree so  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 04, 2008, 09:57:25 PM
Gerrard was poor. His touch and passing was not up to the mark for this level of opposition
When a calm head was needed he was looking to shoot from anywhere past half way line.
His drive and passion couldnt be questioned and Yes resulted in the pen, but there is no doubt another get out of jail card used up tonight.
Agree with pretty much all that, Gerrard was poor. Yes he tried hard, (that should be automatic by the way ) but his touch was terrible at times and he was doing his headless chicken routine when a calm head was needed, shooting everytime he was within 30 yards. Need Torres back as soon as,and that piece of information i read about him suffering a reaction to the injury seems to have been on the money.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on November 04, 2008, 10:44:55 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 04, 2008, 09:57:25 PM
Gerrard was poor. His touch and passing was not up to the mark for this level of opposition
When a calm head was needed he was looking to shoot from anywhere past half way line.
His drive and passion couldnt be questioned and Yes resulted in the pen, but there is no doubt another get out of jail card used up tonight.
Agree with pretty much all that, Gerrard was poor. Yes he tried hard, (that should be automatic by the way ) but his touch was terrible at times and he was doing his headless chicken routine when a calm head was needed, shooting everytime he was within 30 yards. Need Torres back as soon as,and that piece of information i read about him suffering a reaction to the injury seems to have been on the money.

I don't think he's had any reaction. He wanted to play but they didn't want to risk him which is understandable.

Minder

Rafa was interviewed before the match and said he "felt something",anyway i wouldnt be in a hurry to have him back for the west brom game. If we cant beat them without him we should just pack up the tent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"