The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo-08

This season will certainly be a challenge for Carragher as there is now some genuine competition for the CB positions. I agree with Hound that Carra certainly made some uncharacteristic errors last season and seems to have lost a yard of pace. However, in fairness to the guy, for the first half of the season he was carrying the centre of defence on his own being partnered with Hyppia, Aurelio & even Hobbs at times. And even when Skrtel arrived, there was always going to be a transition period when Carra was relied on to be the leader in the centre. so in that context, I think he did quite well.

At this moment, I think our best partnership would be Skrtel & Agger, however I dont expect Carragher to give up his spot without one hell of a fight.

Chrisowc

I can see Carra playing a lot of games at right back.  Then you will get the usual tabloid/606 shite that he is unhappy playing out of position - forgetting that Rafa switched him to CB in the first place.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

doire na raithe

Corn I've been finding it hard to keep track of everything out here! When I was told that Keane could possibly go to liverpool I thought I was being subject to a cruel joke but can't believe it might actually happen, almost surreal. I will definately be in some pub on 16th August at 11 in the morning waiting to see him! I think 20m is a bit much but in this stagnant market I say f**k it, pay it, he could be the missing link.

corn02

He could indeed Dnr  , but big hitch last nuight as Spurs reported us over Keane and United over Berbatov, would be hard to see it happening now.

stiff breeze

Quote from: corn02 on July 19, 2008, 08:54:15 PM
He could indeed Dnr  , but big hitch last nuight as Spurs reported us over Keane and United over Berbatov, would be hard to see it happening now.

cant be classed as tapping up if the club makes an official bid which i believe we have

Hound

Levy is notorious difficult to deal with - an arrogant W of the highest order by all accounts.

But I think it could be a case of, that Spurs are going to sell their two main strikers, so this is one for the fans to show they are at least fighting for them. But I was reading on Friday that there are strong rumours Spurs have two strikers lined up - don't know who but they both play in the same country for different clubs. I'd guess one could be Huntelaar.

stiff breeze

Quote from: Hound on July 20, 2008, 08:08:31 AM
Levy is notorious difficult to deal with - an arrogant W of the highest order by all accounts.

But I think it could be a case of, that Spurs are going to sell their two main strikers, so this is one for the fans to show they are at least fighting for them. But I was reading on Friday that there are strong rumours Spurs have two strikers lined up - don't know who but they both play in the same country for different clubs. I'd guess one could be Huntelaar.

could it be wayne rooney and micheal owen you tit?

Hank Everlast

Rossie11

Etoo and milito I reckon. Cant see them landing both though

EC Unique

FERNANDO TORRES announced his determination to win the Premier League immediately after Spain's triumph at the European Championships.

The striker said Liverpool HAD to land the title this term — and there's no doubt some of his team-mates feel the same.

More than ever before, the pressure is mounting for boss Rafa Benitez, who has failed to get anywhere near the champions in his previous four attempts.

You could argue that his signings this summer are the most important of his spell at Anfield. This season could be make or break.

Because if Liverpool do not win the league this season, I wonder how long Torres, 24, will hang around.

Left-back Andrea Dossena has arrived for £6million from Udinese, £3m keeper Diego Cavalieri joins from Palmeiras and Swiss defender Philipp Degen has come on a free from Borussia Dortmund.

Solid signings — but hardly earth-shattering.

So it is vital that Benitez brings in a couple of proven, quality players if his side are to get anywhere near Manchester United.

It seems Robbie Keane and Gareth Barry, who could cost a combined total of £40m, are the top choices to bring to Merseyside — and I think both could be a success.

Villa midfielder Barry has already proved with England that he can play alongside Steven Gerrard.

And if they link up at club level, there will be few better midfield partnerships in the division.

An interesting one would be Keane, from Spurs. Benitez (right) sometimes likes to play Torres on his own up front, but having Keane behind him would be a massive plus.

Torres will get on the end of scraps as Keane pulls people out of position to make things happen.

Technically, Robbie is a quality player and he has an excellent goals return — his departure would be a big blow for Tottenham.

There's no doubt Torres has the ability to net 25 goals this season and, together, the pair could be dynamite.

But the problem Benitez has is that it has to work this year.

Fast forward to May. If Liverpool have managed only third place, Torres will be deciding whether he wants another similar campaign or if he should head off to Real Madrid or AC Milan.

Advertisement

I think I know the answer.

I'd love Liverpool to have a tremendous season and to give United and Chelsea a run for their money. It wasn't that long ago that the Merseysiders were the biggest club in the country.

United have overtaken them but Liverpool are still an easy second — in terms of size — ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea.

Benitez has been lucky to lead the Reds in the Champions League, even though his team has not finished top of the Prem.

Allowing second, third and fourth places into the top European competition is a stupid rule, in any case.

But there will come a time when Liverpool have to start performing in the Premier League. I tipped them last term but they let me down.

It would be great if they could do it but I believe United, particularly if they have Dimitar Berbatov up front, will take some stopping.

IAN WRIGHT

The Real Laoislad

On todays paper it said Liverpool were playing Hertha Berlin tonight live on Setanta yet i couldn't find it anywhere
Did we win?
I bought the new grey away jersey today very nice it is too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Never liked the grey ones, not even back in the days of Barnes and Beardsley. The white shirts are always the nicest away strips.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on July 22, 2008, 09:52:31 PM
Never liked the grey ones, not even back in the days of Barnes and Beardsley. The white shirts are always the nicest away strips.

No way hos-ay! I love the old Crown Paints grey one..The new one is very similar to it.I think its a fine top,Don't like the new red one at all
Also some of the more recent white ones haven't been great..especially last years
Anyone rememeber the Ecru one? jaysis that was vile
You'll Never Walk Alone.