The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Alonso is an excellent midfielder but obviously his face doesn't fit with Benitez' tactics.

corn02

Perhaps Fifa 6-5 ruling tipped the balance.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 30, 2008, 01:38:39 PM
Alonso is an excellent midfielder but obviously his face doesn't fit with Benitez' tactics.

I doubt that seeing as Benitez bought him and he's pretty much been a regular ever since. I think he'd like to hang onto him if he could but obviously we have to sell players in order to buy players.

Uladh

Quote from: corn02 on May 30, 2008, 01:44:36 PM

Like that'll see the light of day

stevo-08

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 30, 2008, 02:09:10 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 30, 2008, 01:38:39 PM

I doubt that seeing as Benitez bought him and he's pretty much been a regular ever since. I think he'd like to hang onto him if he could but obviously we have to sell players in order to buy players.

Spot on GBB. No doubt Rafa would love to hang onto Alosno, if for only the CL games alone. But we just dont have the financial clout of Man U or Chelsea who can just buy as they wish. Alonso had 2 superb years at Liverpool but his form has dipped significantly since and he was sometimes found wanting against the top teams in the PL due to his lack of pace.

corn02

Quote from: Uladh on May 30, 2008, 02:25:26 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 30, 2008, 01:44:36 PM

Like that'll see the light of day

Would it surpirse yyou with the muppets over Fifa and Uefa?

Uladh

Its illegal. the EU have constantly reminded fifa of this and will never allow it. its good pr for fifa to be seen to be fighting this fight though

corn02

gawa316

Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Italian full-back Andrea Dossena from Udinese.

The defender is expected to undergo a medical at Anfield on Wednesday, with the Reds keen to push through a £7million deal.

The 26-year-old is due to get married this weekend and Rafa Bentiez wants the final details completed before then.

Udinese were hoping to hold out for £8million for the player, but a compromise between the two clubs has now been reached.

Dossena will become Liverpool's second capture of the summer, joining fellow full-back Philip Degen in completing a move to Merseyside.

The Italian's agent confirmed that the formalities of the transfer were almost complete and expects the deal to go through without any problems.

"Everything is confirmed and we have already exchanged documents via fax," said Federico Pastorello.

"The deal is practically done."

Don't know enough about the fella or seen enough of him playing to conclude whether or not this will be good signing. Time will tell I suppose

Minder

Hopefully he is an upgrade on what we have in that position, which would not be hard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

On one of the Liverpool forums I read, one of the posters would be a close friend of Stevie G. Capello told Stvie G that he really rates Dossena and is very surprised he didn't make the Italian Euro 2008 squad. This guy is reliable with his info.

So its a matter of Capello and Rafa been right. Rafa's buys at the back have been more successful that his forward purchases - Agger, Krtel, Arbeloa, Aurelio haven't been too bad. Josemi and Kronkamp served a purpose and were quickly moved on. Pellerigino had mucky pictures of Rafa. Obviously.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on June 04, 2008, 03:06:37 PM
On one of the Liverpool forums I read, one of the posters would be a close friend of Stevie G. Capello told Stvie G that he really rates Dossena and is very surprised he didn't make the Italian Euro 2008 squad. This guy is reliable with his info.

So its a matter of Capello and Rafa been right. Rafa's buys at the back have been more successful that his forward purchases - Agger, Krtel, Arbeloa, Aurelio haven't been too bad. Josemi and Kronkamp served a purpose and were quickly moved on. Pellerigino had mucky pictures of Rafa. Obviously.

"haven't been too bad" I realise its only a figure of speech you used Bingobus but i think that's Liverpool's problem,buying players that haven't been too bad..Its time we bought players who we will be describing as great or brilliant..Too many second rate players like Arbeola,Josemi etc being bought
Skrtel and Agger im sure will prove to be good buys but there has been a lot more rubbish bought than good
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

What forum did you see it on Bingobus?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

YNWA.tv, poster by name of Elisha Scott has inside track with Stevie G.

Has also said that Liverpool have been talking to an estblished international (foreign) who plays in midfield secondstriker/hole role that Gerrard had been playing in. Not a young player but someone well into his career with a proven record. To date this players hasn't been linked to Liverpool in the papers.

Suggestions from others it is Aimar and Stankovic. He has siad its defo not these two but along them lines.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on June 04, 2008, 03:16:46 PM
YNWA.tv, poster by name of Elisha Scott has inside track with Stevie G.

Has also said that Liverpool have been talking to an estblished international (foreign) who plays in midfield secondstriker/hole role that Gerrard had been playing in. Not a young player but someone well into his career with a proven record. To date this players hasn't been linked to Liverpool in the papers.

Suggestions from others it is Aimar and Stankovic. He has siad its defo not these two but along them lines.

Hardly Deco?
You'll Never Walk Alone.