The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewingedlady

Yer gonna hate me stevo but Riedle never played either

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=76/results/matches/match=27/report.html

Still, Diarra, Ziege and Hamann, i'll enjoy asking the lads that one.

tintin25

Quote from: stevo-08 on May 06, 2008, 04:15:06 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on May 06, 2008, 04:12:03 PM
Alou Diarra

correct - well done. I cant believe you got that. He came on for viera in 2006 final. Was a liverpool player from 2002-2005 but i dont think he made any apperances at all. Went on loan for a couple of seasons.

Quote from: thewingedlady on May 06, 2008, 04:11:03 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on May 06, 2008, 03:59:04 PM
Diomede is correct. He actually did play a few mins in 1998, believe it or not. Later to become a Liverpool player.

Not according to FIFA

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=1013/results/matches/match=8788/report.html

feck. Must be only 4 players so. I'll take this up with the original quiz master. well done lads, yiz know your stuff.

Cheers! Not even a Pool Fan but would like to think I know me footy!

stevo-08

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 06, 2008, 04:15:29 PM
So it's someone who left Liverpool and then played?

there were 3 types of categories (maybe I should've explained the question better). Anyway, see original questions with answers below (with a serious doubt over Diomede's honour!!)

Quote from: stevo-08 on May 06, 2008, 03:29:59 PM
Apart from 1966, there have been 5 liverpool players, (past, present and future) to have played in a World Cup Final. Can you name them?

1 played while he was with us Hamann (2002)
2 joined us after playing (and winning) world cups Riedle (1990), Diomede (1998??)
2 went on to play in finals after leaving us. Ziege (2002), Diarra (2006)

stiff breeze

Karl-Heinz Riedle didnt actually play. he was a sub. think thats the point winglady is making

stevo-08

Quote from: thewingedlady on May 06, 2008, 04:17:32 PM

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=76/results/matches/match=27/report.html

For jaysus sake, there was me thinking I was really smart coming on here with a good quiz question. Should've confirmed the answers before going out against ye experts. I should probably count myself lucky that 3 of them were right!!

Anyway, I think the answers might still stand if you say 5 world cup winners rather than played in a world cup final.

Cue "thewingedlady" with a link that contradicts me again...

Gabriel_Hurl

stiff breeze

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 06, 2008, 04:39:44 PM
Plans for the new stadium have been approved by the city council

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/7385026.stm
all we need now is some1 to put the money up to build it!!

Minus15

Quote from: stevo-08 on May 06, 2008, 04:33:48 PM
Quote from: thewingedlady on May 06, 2008, 04:17:32 PM

For jaysus sake, there was me thinking I was really smart coming on here with a good quiz question. Should've confirmed the answers before going out against ye experts. I should probably count myself lucky that 3 of them were right!!

Anyway, I think the answers might still stand if you say 5 world cup winners rather than played in a world cup final.

Cue "thewingedlady" with a link that contradicts me again...

Couldn't really do that either because the three players who actually played finished on the losing side! sorry

corn02

Big Crouch was in Banbridge today, nice fellah. Massive, massive crowds out to see him.

fred the red

Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2008, 10:42:37 PM
Big Crouch was in Banbridge today, nice fellah. Massive, massive crowds out to see him.

what was he doing there?

corn02

Opening a new department in Donaghy's, they had to close the door there was so many. Hundreds didn't get the chance it was that crazy.

stiff breeze

Quote from: fred the red on May 06, 2008, 10:43:24 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2008, 10:42:37 PM

what was he doing there?

he was doing his medical at newry city and called in to buy new boots on his way to the airport.

stiff breeze

Any opinions on the new stadium plans?

gawa316

Football365:
"Kewell will leave the club at the end of his contract." Rafa

Happy f**king days!!!!!!!

It is believed that Kewell has rejected a new deal on reduced wages.

If true, where does this **** get off rejecting reduced wages? >:(

Minder

Great news,the club canteen may go out of business though
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"