The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

What's the odds on a liverpool win tomorrow night? Cert

bingobus

Quote from: full back on February 18, 2008, 05:20:49 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 18, 2008, 05:04:02 PM
If Liverpool were to win the CL it would be a bigger up-set that 2005 I think.  Tomorrow night will tell a tale or two. :)  I think 'only a fool or someone who doesn't know much about soccer' would fancy them to do well in the CL but time will tell. ;)

If the scousers win the CL it would be similar to Elvis atop Shergar being led by Lord Lucan strolling down O'Connell Street for fcuk sake
They have no chance at all. Rafa is slowly tearing them apart & this must be very painful for any real pool fan

Not as painful as having to read your posts.

full back

Quote from: bingobus on February 18, 2008, 05:22:44 PM
If Liverpool were to win the CL it would be a bigger up-set that 2005 I think.  Tomorrow night will tell a tale or two. :)  I think 'only a fool or someone who doesn't know much about soccer' would fancy them to do well in the CL but time will tell. ;)

If the scousers win the CL it would be similar to Elvis atop Shergar being led by Lord Lucan strolling down O'Connell Street for fcuk sake
They have no chance at all. Rafa is slowly tearing them apart & this must be very painful for any real pool fan

Boo f**king hoo
It was supposed to be tongue in cheek ::)

GalwayBayBoy

It looks like people still haven't learned from 2005 and last year when we were told practically from day one with monotonous regularity that Liverpool have absolutely no chance of beating Juventus, Chelsea, Barcelona or Milan or whoever it was that was put in front of us. Cue much egg on face all round.

We may not even get past Inter (who you obviously have to make favourites) but I'm not so stupid as to write them off totally and look like an even bigger muppet in the process having not learned the lessons of the past couple of years. Of course if we don't get past them expect the gloaters to be out in force telling everyone how right they were despite being consistently wrong for years before that.

EC Unique

Liverpool to win...  6-4    with inter at 15-8.( Ill have a score on that)

Rafa to be next Prem manager to get P45....   8-13 fav.

bingobus

Quote from: full back on February 18, 2008, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: bingobus on February 18, 2008, 05:22:44 PM

Boo f**king hoo
It was supposed to be tongue in cheek ::)

Lighten up, if you could make it more apparent that it is tongue in cheek that would greatly help.

Ps Anyone wishing to see Elvis atop Shergar being led by Lord Lucan strolling down O'Connell Street should attend this years St Patricks Day parade in Dublin where the theme is Mysterious Disappearances. It has not been confimed if Christain Ronaldo will be taken part.  ;D  ;)

full back

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on February 18, 2008, 05:44:32 PM
Quote from: bingobus on February 18, 2008, 05:41:02 PM
It has not been confimed is Christain Ronaldo will be taken place.  ;D  ;)

eh ???

Its a joke at the fact he goes missing in big games....
Quite funny actually  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 18, 2008, 04:51:24 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 18, 2008, 04:36:21 PM
I think it is pretty much a cert that Liverpool are not going to win the CL. Their Priority must be to srcape forth in the premiership to get the money from CL next year. You boys are in lala land if you think pool are going to win the CL :D :D.. Its no mistake that they are 14-1 to get it.. ;)

Was this the same lala land they were in in 2005 and last year when they reached the final.. ???
Not saying Liverpool will win it I personally doubt they will,but i wouldn't be in the least surprised if they made it to a another semi final or final,but only a fool or someone who doesn't know much about soccer would write them off completely

I don't think it is the same. Things are much worse in Liverpool. The mood amongst the players seems worse. The manager is nervous and the fans are def un-settled. If Liverpool were to win the CL it would be a bigger up-set that 2005 I think.  Tomorrow night will tell a tale or two. :)  I think 'only a fool or someone who doesn't know much about soccer' would fancy them to do well in the CL but time will tell. ;)

You were obviously wetting yourself so much with the chance to use my quote back against me that you didn't read my post correctly..
I never said Liverpool will do well in the Champions League they could get an awful hiding against Milan who knows?If i did know what would happen i would be a millionaire from winning bets, I mearly stated it would be foolish to write them off because of their PremierLeague form,They have proven time and time again in Europe they are a match for anyone and you are completely writing them off because of their form in Domestic competitions at the moment that to me is a very foolish thing to do...
yBut as Galwaybayboy stated if Liverpool do happen to lose which is very possible,People like you will be on here saying i told you so as if you are all knowlegable and as Galwaybayboy said even though ye have been wrong over the last 3 seasons...But im sure that fact will be completely forgotten  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 18, 2008, 04:56:07 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 18, 2008, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 18, 2008, 03:45:33 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 18, 2008, 03:08:10 PM
QuoteIf i was asked would i rather win the F.A Cup every year for the next ten years or the league once i know what the answer would be.......

I understand that, but at the minute it's win the FA Cup once or win FA!

Not quite true..
Anybody that writes Liverpool off in the Champions League hasn't watched much soccer over the past 3 years
Remember they won it with a far worse squad than they have now,League form goes straight out of the window in the European Cup
Otherwise Man United and Chelsea would have the very least made a final in the last 5 or 6 years  ;)

Here's the misconception, they were not a weak squad, that group finished alot closer to a Premiership title than the present bunch. There are alot of average players at Liverpool at the Moment.

The group of players who won the CL finished 5th that year so how do you make out they were a lot closer to a Premiership title... ???
Plus they had the likes of Traore,Baros,Mellor,Cisse,Smicer,Biscan,Josemi in the squad so IMHO as bad as they are playing at the moment the Liverpol squad is better now than in 2005

The Majority of that group were around for the 2001/02 Season which finished second on a respectable 80 Points. and where in with a shout under the terrible Houllier with two games to go. The present squad would have to win 12 of their final 13 games to equal that!

stevo-08

i think the biggest difference between 2005 & now is that back then, even though we had a brutal team, they had a huge amount of confidence, were actually playing well & had a habit of playing above themselves when needed. Totally different now, our lge form has been shocking and even regulars like carragher & alonso are off form and there is a huge lack of confidence throughout the squad. Also the off the field antics certainly havent helped either.

im very worried about tonight. will need to keep it tight and hope for something special from gerard or el nino. certainly possible, but it's more hope than expectation im filled with in advance of the game.

Gabriel_Hurl

2 nil tonight - not saying to who though  :D

gawa316

`NO MORE ROTATION` FOR RAFA
Posted 19/02/08 10:41EmailPrintSave

Rafa Benitez has reportedly told his players that there will be no more rotation this season as he bids to save his job.

According to The Guardian, he gathered the players on Sunday after the FA Cup humiliation and 'told the assembled throng it was the intention to field only his strongest team in the pursuit of this season's remaining two targets: fourth place and the Champions League.'

Reports suggest that Benitez needs to at least finish fourth in the Premier League to keep his job beyond the summer, and Benitez is prepared to sacrifice his usual rotation tactics to achieve that.

"The atmosphere is not bad," he said on Monday. "Everybody's sad, everybody's disappointed but the players are training well. They know the Champions League is an important competition and also they know they have two targets now, to finish in the top four and the Champions League. I have explained this to them. We don't have to rest players with four competitions in mind."

That means that Steven Gerrard, Javier Mascherano, Fernando Torres and Jose Reina will be expected to play every remaining game of this season if they are fit.

Their season starts in earnest tonight against Inter Milan in the Champions League.

Does Rafa even know his best team?

If this is true, isn't he going back on all he believes? Why has it taken so long for him to realise? Is it to appease the media/former players?

full back

Quote from: gawa316 on February 19, 2008, 05:34:12 PM
If this is true, isn't he going back on all he believes? Why has it taken so long for him to realise? Is it to appease the media/former players?

Has it taken this long for him to realise he has fcuked up?

J70

I would expect a passionate, driven performance from Liverpool tonight - their entire season is on the line, so I would think they'll play like they did against Juve in '05 or Barcelona last year. If they can't raise their game tonight, Benitez is finished.