The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSouth

Quote from: full back on December 20, 2007, 10:08:54 AM
Quote from: SeanSouth on December 20, 2007, 09:36:11 AM
The league cup is like a ginger bird, it just doesent do it for me.

Think about it though ss, if its the only bird you are going to have for the next year you might as well try & get yer leg over when you have a chance.....

Ah but i would prefer to save "a bagful" for the big one........

corn02

J70

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on December 20, 2007, 09:13:40 AM
Has Benitez been taking lessons in humility from Mourinho?

Last night he sais his team played well and the turning point was the sending off. It was hardly the turning point, they were 1-0 down at the time.

On Sunday he said United were lucky despite the fact his team hardly created a chance.

Surely once in a while it would be best to admit that his team weren't up to it or perhaps he picked the wrong team.

When you're 1-0 down with eleven men, you're in a better position than when you're 1-0 down with one of your strikers having been sent off, don't you think? The game wasn't exactly lost when the first goal went in, whether or not it was a weakened team.

United created virtually nothing on Sunday either, apart from a weak shot which led to the goal, and the breakaway chance that Rooney should have scored.

When is the last time Ferguson or Wenger stood up in a press conference and said "I fucked it up!"?

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2007, 01:16:53 PM

Last night he sais his team played well and the turning point was the sending off. It was hardly the turning point, they were 1-0 down at the time.

On Sunday he said United were lucky despite the fact his team hardly created a chance.

Surely once in a while it would be best to admit that his team weren't up to it or perhaps he picked the wrong team.

When you're 1-0 down with eleven men, you're in a better position than when you're 1-0 down with one of your strikers having been sent off, don't you think? The game wasn't exactly lost when the first goal went in, whether or not it was a weakened team.

United created virtually nothing on Sunday either, apart from a weak shot which led to the goal, and the breakaway chance that Rooney should have scored.

When is the last time Ferguson or Wenger stood up in a press conference and said "I fucked it up!"?

I wouldn't expect him to say that but he could once in a while say that the best team won. Wenger and Ferguson have both admitted over the years that they have been out-played or out-battled. He is quick enough to point out other teams deficiencies in front of the camera so perhaps he should admit his own teams once in a while. Last night Mikel was assaulted by one of his players, yet he blamed Mikel. Ludicrous.

SeanSouth

It was potentially a bad tackle on Mikel but he didnt make that much contact,no complaints with the red card though,but certainly not enough contact for Mikel to writhe about as if the sniper was out again.

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 20, 2007, 03:08:49 PM
It was potentially a bad tackle on Mikel but he didnt make that much contact,no complaints with the red card though,but certainly not enough contact for Mikel to writhe about as if the sniper was out again.

It would have been a lot worse if Mikel had not been running away from the tackle. If he had been standing still it would have hit him on the thigh. I don't know what came over Crouch, very unlike him. He just lost the run of himself.

EC Unique

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on December 20, 2007, 03:26:29 PM
Quote from: SeanSouth on December 20, 2007, 03:08:49 PM

It would have been a lot worse if Mikel had not been running away from the tackle. If he had been standing still it would have hit him on the thigh. I don't know what came over Crouch, very unlike him. He just lost the run of himself.

Might it have been frustration at getting a rough deal this season by Rafa and he might know he is in the last few weeks of his Liverpool career!!

EC Unique

Hope for yees yet lads :D :D

20/12/2007 10:13, Report by Gemma ThompsonStill a four-way fightCristiano Ronaldo believes Chelsea and Liverpool will still have a big say in this season's title race, despite losing out in the battle of the big four last weekend.

United left Anfield with all three points thanks to Carlos Tevez's first half winner, while William Gallas' goal gave Arsenal victory over Chelsea at The Emirates.

Avram Grant's side are six points adrift of leaders Arsenal, while Liverpool lie ten points behind. United are currently second in the table, one point behind the Gunners.

Despite the points gap, Ronaldo remains convinced it is still a four-horse race.

"We have a good chance — we are at the top of the league, Arsenal and ourselves," he said. "But I don't think it is just between the two teams. Chelsea and Liverpool are still there and are strong.

"Arsenal play fantastic football but I think we have a better team this season that we had last year. We have good players, a good spirit and we have to do the same as last season."

J70

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on December 20, 2007, 02:59:38 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2007, 01:16:53 PM

I wouldn't expect him to say that but he could once in a while say that the best team won. Wenger and Ferguson have both admitted over the years that they have been out-played or out-battled. He is quick enough to point out other teams deficiencies in front of the camera so perhaps he should admit his own teams once in a while. Last night Mikel was assaulted by one of his players, yet he blamed Mikel. Ludicrous.

What he said was that Crouch reacted to Mikel trying to kick him. He said the red card was probably correct.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've heard Benitez admit when Liverpool haven't played well on a number of occasions e.g. after Marseille home defeat:

"You can talk about team selection, and we have been talking about big names. But those big names did not play well from the start. It was a poor game for us, we did not play well and we did not make many chances. It was clearly not our day. "

nrico2006

Benitez is very reluctant to admit his team deserved to lose when they are beat by the like of Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U. 

As for Crouch's sending off, it takes alot for him to react - I have never seen a bigger tr**p than that Obi Mikel boy, he's a dirty hoore and doesnt bring alot to Chelsea, well apart from his slight forehead!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 21, 2007, 11:21:05 AM
As for Crouch's sending off, it takes alot for him to react - I have never seen a bigger tr**p than that Obi Mikel boy, he's a dirty hoore and doesnt bring alot to Chelsea, well apart from his slight forehead!

He's a dirty little fcuker alright. Always hacking away at players. Definitely someone that's going to perform a horror tackle and get sent off before the season is out.

GalwayBayBoy

Anyway Inter Milan. Could have been worse IMO. Flying in Serie A but they've always been a bit unpredictable and flaky in Europe. They won't have been too happy drawing us.

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on December 21, 2007, 11:43:13 AM
how could it have been worse?

Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan IMO of course.

Inter despite flying in Serie A are notoriously flaky in Europe and European pedigree tends to count in this competition.

AC Milan may be well behind in the league but they are masters of playing in Europe and winning over two legs.

Barcelona still have the greatest array of attacking talent in Europe (and have Eto'o back fit). Granted we beat them last year.

Real Madrid like Milan tend to know what they are doing in Europe and are top in Spain.

So could have been worse IMO but obviously you don't know till you play the game.

Inter won't be looking at us with any great deal of satisfaction either.

el_cuervo_fc