(weak position on both teams)
Ronaldo
Gerrard
Macher
???
Torres
Rooney

SeanSouth

Lads all this talk of who would get on each others team........One mans piss is another man champagne.....

mackers

It's an argument that will go on and on.............and it's absolutely pointless. Sunday will show who the better team is and really that's all that matters.....
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

J70

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 12, 2007, 09:11:25 AM
Carrick, Nani, Anderson, Brown, O'Shea, Fletch & Saha don't get on the storngest UTD team!!

I said I liked Carragher...but nobody in their right mind can say he's better than Ferdinand!

By the way, Evra, Saha, Hargreaves, Anderson, Nani & Brown would have got on that pool team last night!

evra for Riise, Brown for Hyypia, Nani for Benayoun, Anderson for Kewell, Saha for Kuyt & Hargreaves for Neil Lennon!

You're entitled to your opinion.

That is about the kindest thing I can say. :P

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: gawa316 on December 12, 2007, 12:35:25 PM
Quote from: full back on December 12, 2007, 11:52:02 AM
Raiders target Gerrard's mansion 

Steven Gerrard was playing football in Marseille at the time
Steven Gerrard has become the sixth Liverpool football player to be burgled while playing away from home.
The 27-year-old's wife Alex Curran, who was in the property at the time of the incident, was left shaken following the raid in Formby, Merseyside.

Merseyside Police have described the incident on Tuesday night as a "confrontational burglary".

The England star was away playing in the Champions League against Marseille at the time of the incident.

It is not known if the player's children were in the property when the raid took place.

The incident is the latest burglary targeting members of the Liverpool team while they are away playing for the club or on international duty.

Porsche stolen

Three weeks ago, striker Dirk Kuyt's home in Woolton was targeted by thieves while he was away on international duty with Holland.

The Merseyside home of former Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek, was raided during the Champions League final penalty shoot-out in June 2006. Current goalkeeper Pepe Reina was also burgled while he played for Liverpool in last May's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

His Porsche was taken during the raid and later found burnt-out in west Derby.

Defender Daniel Agger had his home in Caldy, Wirral, burgled in September last year and striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.

Feckin scummy bluenose feckers!! ;)

They only way to stop your house being burgled in Liverpool is to hire Duncan Ferguson as your security guard!

nrico2006

Sunday will give a good indication.  I had to laugh at Avrim grant slabbering about how Chelsea have done so well recently in spite of injuries, and how United, Arsenal and Liverpool have done badly while having nearly full teams out.  This is the same crap that was spouted last year when they lost Terry and Cech.  It seems to be only when Chelsea lose a player or 2 that the media constantly focus on it.  Look at United this year, have been without Neville, Silvestre, Scholes, Rooney, Saha, Hargreaves and Carrick. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 12, 2007, 02:02:33 PM
Sunday will give a good indication.  I had to laugh at Avrim grant slabbering about how Chelsea have done so well recently in spite of injuries, and how United, Arsenal and Liverpool have done badly while having nearly full teams out.  This is the same crap that was spouted last year when they lost Terry and Cech.  It seems to be only when Chelsea lose a player or 2 that the media constantly focus on it.  Look at United this year, have been without Neville, Silvestre, Scholes, Rooney, Saha, Hargreaves and Carrick. 

And Ronaldo (suspension)

Norf Tyrone

QuoteSunday will give a good indication.  I had to laugh at Avrim grant slabbering about how Chelsea have done so well recently in spite of injuries, and how United, Arsenal and Liverpool have done badly while having nearly full teams out.  This is the same crap that was spouted last year when they lost Terry and Cech.  It seems to be only when Chelsea lose a player or 2 that the media constantly focus on it.  Look at United this year, have been without Neville, Silvestre, Scholes, Rooney, Saha, Hargreaves and Carrick. 

Carvalho, Essien, Ferreria, Bridge, Terry, Ballack, Cech all have missed a fair few games this season! More than a player or two........
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Lads the best 11 would be:

Reina

Arbeloa Carragher Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Gerrard Kewell

Rooney
       Torres

That is the best eleven no doubt.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on December 12, 2007, 08:32:02 PM
Lads the best 11 would be:

Reina

Arbeloa Carragher Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Gerrard Kewell

Rooney
       Torres

That is the best eleven no doubt.

Would agree on nearly all that bar Kewell and Arbeloa i would have Finnan anytime ahead of Arbeloa,Christ i might even have Neville ahead of Arbeola...Jesus did i really just say i'd have Neville ahead of someone....I need to lie down before i faint  :-[

As for Kewell i think i would have Nani ahead of him too be honest or maybe even Pennant
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SeanSouth

LL lets not have the Irish bias here, even though he is is Irish as the Queen, but Arbeloa gives better options as an attacking wingback than Finnan. You always know what Finnan is going to do with the ball in advanced positions.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 12, 2007, 09:12:22 PM
LL lets not have the Irish bias here, even though he is is Irish as the Queen, but Arbeloa gives better options as an attacking wingback than Finnan. You always know what Finnan is going to do with the ball in advanced positions.

Absolutely no Irish bias at all if there was I'd have O'Shea in there too !!
A defender is there to defend first and foremost....Arbeloa can't defend in my opinion and what he might or might not contribute to an attack isn't enough to include him in a best of Man U/Liverpool team or in the Liverpool team at all in my opinion and if it is a attacking full back you want then i also think Aurelio is a better player
Finnan is actually quite productive in attack as well and has many a time sent over a killer cross that the end result was a goal,Crouch's spectacular bicycle kick last year was from a Finnan cross for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGQwa2EGhF8
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 12, 2007, 09:12:22 PM

Steve Finnan was born in the Janesboro area of Limerick City,Ireland so i would reckon he is more Irish than you might think
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteArbeloa can't defend in my opinion

I stopped there

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 12, 2007, 09:31:24 PM
QuoteArbeloa can't defend in my opinion

I stopped there

Why? Do you not think Arbeola makes his fair share of mistakes? Finnan is as consistent as you will get he is the nearest thing Ireland has had to Denis Irwin and one of the best Liverpool performers over the last 3/4 years
You'll Never Walk Alone.