The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 10, 2007, 05:09:42 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 10, 2007, 03:36:00 PM
From the bbc.

Liverpool are set to sign Ajax winger Ryan Babel after returning with a £13.5m bid on Monday night on the back of having a £10m offer rejected.

Have too admit i've never heard of this fella.
13mill seems alot

He's been touted as the next Thierry Henry for a while now. Mainly I think because he moves a lot like and plays a lot like Henry does. Too early to tell though if he'll ever turn out that good but he's been the next big thing to come out of Dutch football for the past year or two. Wenger has been keeping tabs on him for a while now and everyone expected him to move to Arsenal eventually and in fairness Wenger has a fair record in spotting young talent.

Saw quite a bit of him in the U-21 European championships when he played up front for the Dutch though he has also played as a left winger for Ajax. He does remind you of Henry with his movement although I would say he's not quite as quick as Henry but he is quick. Technically excellent on the ball and like Henry he's not and out and out striker. He tends to drift between attack and midfield and drift out to the left wing.

Think if Liverpool sign him he will be used mainly on the left-wing at least for the first season.

Mentalman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 10, 2007, 06:19:42 PM
A defender is there to defend..That might be stating the obvious but Carra is a proper defender whereas Ferdinand is i admit more skillfull but you don't need your centre back too be skillfull you want him to defend.

Hey, but you can have both! :) Franco Baresi, hard as a coffin nail, and cynical with it, but that man could play ball!

To my mind a centre half pairing should complement each other, in a similar way that a strike pairing should. You need the hammer and the rapier. That's why to be honest I think the pairing of Vidic and Ferdinand is better than Carra and Agger. Vidic, like Carragher, is the type of guy who will stick his head in where it hurts, everytime. That's why I couldn't believe those rumours he was off to Juventus. To me it would make mre sense to compare Vidic with Carragher, and Rio to Agger, and Daniel seems to like to play ball a bit more. In that scenario Carra is a bit ahead of Vidic, not much, and Agger is behind Rio, with youth on his side, he actually reminds me quite a lot of Alan Hansen in his style of play.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

charlie stubbs

was some aul craic alright hardly quit laughing all weekend,at the end i just laughed at the conditions was a clean joke.went to the bog one time myself ppl on the job 2 cubicles up,1 of my mates saw some fella lying in the muck wrote off playing with himsel.the only downsides i thought was the journey home and some complete tossers from the south who gave us abuse because we from the north!dicks all we where there was to have a good time and make new friends

charlie stubbs

stiffler

Charlie your a clown!

I seen on some fan's site that Benitez has his eyes on a Brazilian wonderkid called Gazebo. Liverpool seem to be trying to emulate arsenal's success with the kids.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mentalman on July 10, 2007, 06:36:53 PM
A defender is there to defend..That might be stating the obvious but Carra is a proper defender whereas Ferdinand is i admit more skillfull but you don't need your centre back too be skillfull you want him to defend.

Hey, but you can have both! :) Franco Baresi, hard as a coffin nail, and cynical with it, but that man could play ball!

To my mind a centre half pairing should complement each other, in a similar way that a strike pairing should. You need the hammer and the rapier. That's why to be honest I think the pairing of Vidic and Ferdinand is better than Carra and Agger. Vidic, like Carragher, is the type of guy who will stick his head in where it hurts, everytime. That's why I couldn't believe those rumours he was off to Juventus. To me it would make mre sense to compare Vidic with Carragher, and Rio to Agger, and Daniel seems to like to play ball a bit more. In that scenario Carra is a bit ahead of Vidic, not much, and Agger is behind Rio, with youth on his side, he actually reminds me quite a lot of Alan Hansen in his style of play.

Too be honest what you just posted is spot on i agree fully,only i hope your not saying Ferdinand is up there with the likes of Baresi
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mentalman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 10, 2007, 06:57:23 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on July 10, 2007, 06:36:53 PM

Too be honest what you just posted is spot on i agree fully,only i hope your not saying Ferdinand is up there with the likes of Baresi

:D not likely!

Mentalman

Quote from: stiffler on July 10, 2007, 06:56:00 PM
Charlie your a clown!

I seen on some fan's site that Benitez has his eyes on a Brazilian wonderkid called Gazebo. Liverpool seem to be trying to emulate arsenal's success with the kids.

The great Gazebo! Heard he's top alright, could turn up anywhere in the park! ;) Right up there with Carlos Cicaball!

charlie stubbs

he plays on the left,he plays on the right,gazebo he will make you look shite!

GalwayBayBoy

Liverpool close in on Babel and Benayoun Jul 10 2007

by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL hope to tie up their double swoop for Ryan Babel and Yossi Benayoun within the next 24 hours.

Negotiations for the pair have entered a key stage, with the Reds increasingly confident of reaching agreement with Ajax and West Ham.

The arrival of 20-year-old attacker Babel appears more of a formality, with the player determined to complete the switch to Anfield for a fee likely to be around £10m.

Benayoun has also informed his club he's made up his mind to join the Reds, but talks with West Ham have proceeded delicately from the outset with the valuation of the player a sticking piont.

Progress was made during another day of tough negotiations yesterday, and it's hoped the deadlock will be broken today.

West Ham want £6m for the Israeli international.

Meanwhile, Rafa Benitez says Jamie Carragher's decision on his international future should be respected by the whole country.

Carragher will speak to Steve McClaren again before the next international with Germany on August 22.

"In any situation like this we need to think about what's best for the player, the club and the country," said Benitez, who today completed the £7.5 million sale of Craig Bellamy to West Ham.

"If the player is physically and mentally fit to play in every game, it's naturally better for his career and the country or club he's playing for.

"That's what Carra is thinking about because I know he is someone who never gives less than 100 per cent.

"Everyone knows he is a fantastic professional who wants to perform at the very best level possible in every game he plays.

"We must all respect any decision he makes, because it is certain he is thinking about what's good for everyone."

The Real Laoislad

I like Benayoun,seen him a good few times now and always thought he was good
You'll Never Walk Alone.

charlie stubbs

benayoun reminds me a little of garcia plays wide but in a more central role,likes get past the strrikers and can make a goal out of nothing.also less likely give ball away.im disapointed rafa haznt went for an out and out left sided winger think babel suppodsed be prodominantly a striker as a wideman though havent seen him play.

Square Ball

According to the BBC Benayoun has signed for 4 million
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on July 10, 2007, 08:07:50 PM
According to the BBC Benayoun has signed for 4 million

Sky Sports News just confirmed it too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SuperDooperCooper

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 10, 2007, 06:24:53 PM
I don't think Liverpool are near winning a Premiership next year even if we sign a few more players
Hate to say it but with the signings Man Unshited have made they look odds on again
Couldn't agree more with you laoislad, Mau U signings make them odd on for the title. Only hope is that with all the forward thinking players they have bought (granted the Canadian is a defensive player) they may be top heavy upfront and may get caught on the break. Utd's title to lose.
Happy with the Benayoun deal he is the creative player we don't have.