Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

I think perhaps the way the last number of months have gone, there may well be a higher percentage of those asked in next year willing to commit?
I'd say several fellas are going to be fairly sick of sitting around playing with their soldiers by January? The only thing is, and maybe he needs to adjust a little to us on this one, I do believe there is little chance of being asked a second or third time if you don't jump the first time.
Hopefully a full deck to pick from. There's room for evolution in the game plan and with a strengthened panel where we could add 3-4 "finishers" to take over with 10-15 mins to go I'd be reasonably excited.
We should be aiming high, why not, but ultimately maintaining our current competitiveness over a few years could also be regarded as progress. As long as the work is being done below at 13s, 15s, 17s and 20s.
And particularly that we make some effort to do something with the transition group when they leave 17s. I wonder would someone like Pat Critchely be interested in such a gig? Has the contacts, reputation and strength of character to do a good job in what would be a very part time role. Seems to enjoy focusing on player development and systems of play (should be aligned to our senior & u20 teams). Just a thought.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on November 22, 2020, 11:13:46 AM
Seriously Delusional

Would you like to elaborate?
Delusional about what?
The part where the current game plan (proven to be effective on at least 3 occasions against top teams) can be tweaked to ensure we try to remain as competitive as we currently are?
Or more likely, the part where there is some progressive thinking and actual efforts made at CB level to ensure our structures at 13-20 are as strong as they could be?

Do elaborate?

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on November 22, 2020, 11:13:46 AM
Seriously Delusional

Maybe you should think twice before posting unless you have something constructive to contribute - can be constructive criticism of course.
This type of forum is intended for genuine fans who want want to discuss the fortunes of Laois teams - past performances and future aspirations.
I don't know what satisfaction anyone can get by coming on here purely as a knocker.

Keyser Söze

I'd say he fancies himself as a WUM and is chuckling away thinking he is getting a reaction. I don't think he started off with that intention.
Unfortunately I'd be reasonably confident he came here (probably off his own bat) to stir an agenda.
I'd fear that he is (or was until recently) in an executive role, and will be there again. I hope I'm wrong on that front.
But divide & conquer to preserve the status quo and have an easy life would seem to be the strategy. 

marty34

Is Eddie still manager?

Did he get another contract?

redsetanta

Eddie and the team gone today according to Laois gaa facebook page. f**k that!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Silkyskillssunshinee

Now the danger is that all the progress made will go to waste. Players might not be as willing to commit to the cause next year without Brennan at the fore. Sad day for Laois hurling.

clonadmad

Statement out

Brennan and management team gone

One step Forward

5 back

LOVEGAA

Quote from: redsetanta on November 24, 2020, 12:12:04 PM
Eddie and the team gone today according to Laois gaa facebook page. f**k that!

Well done County Board.  Handled wonderfully

Feel so sorry for the lads who committed themselves during the tough times and now just when they see a bit of hope this happens

redsetanta

I think we were hoping against hope that the off the record stuff would be ironed out and they'd soldier on. Players will be the most disappointed i'd say. Seemed to be a great bond there.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

portlaoisekid

A monumental day for Laois hurling, an absolute hammer blow...Not necessarily because Brennan is gone but the fact no manager with an ambition to improve Laois hurling will get the tools from our CB  to succeed. I guarantee no manager with any pedigree will touch this job as they are in no doubt what's in store if they have actual ambition...

I genuinely fear for the future of Laois hurling and in reality that I don't think our CB will be overly worried about Laois hurling falling off a cliff.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 24, 2020, 12:47:58 PM
A monumental day for Laois hurling, an absolute hammer blow...Not necessarily because Brennan is gone but the fact no manager with an ambition to improve Laois hurling will get the tools from our CB  to succeed. I guarantee no manager with any pedigree will touch this job as they are in no doubt what's in store if they have actual ambition...

I genuinely fear for the future of Laois hurling and in reality that I don't think our CB will be overly worried about Laois hurling falling off a cliff.

Sad day indeed. The best hurling I have ever seen from Laois came under Brennan. I hope the next manager is of the same calibre.

G@@

Just learning of this now.

Laois GAA can go fook off if they think a €130 CB Ticket is going to be sold in to this house next February.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!