Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I presume big business will wind May and her Nazis back from their nonsense.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

I would say so. There'll be a slew of conciliatory media leaked messages in the coming days & weeks.

seafoid

Brexit will be strangled with the guts of the Tory party.
Bevan was right.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/aneurin_bevan.html

muppet

Worst performing currency in the world in 2006. At what point do people start marching? May and her cohorts are complete spoofers and are floundering badly. They have gone back to their instinctive imperialistic Tory values ('we will tell Johnny Foreigner what to do and he will do it), which are at least 150 years out out of date. She will have to row back on just about everything she said in the last week, but can Britain afford to  keep lurching from crisis to crisis, while she tries to figure what it is she is supposed to be doing?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/pound-sterling-argentine-peso-worst-performing-currency-eu-referendum-brexit-a7127246.html
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Sterling is tanking again
Nordies won't be able to go to Croke Park next summer the way things are going

bennydorano

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on October 12, 2016, 05:26:59 PM
Nope

Pound steadies after recent slump - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37628354
Until there is a vote sterling gets it
The referendum was called to unify the Tories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBni_-tMNs

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 12, 2016, 05:12:14 PM

The North is like Galway 20 years ago since brexit!! It's so tough! Price of butter has risen sharply and beer!! I'm making my own beer and wine!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2016, 05:53:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 12, 2016, 05:12:14 PM

The North is like Galway 20 years ago since brexit!! It's so tough! Price of butter has risen sharply and beer!! I'm making my own beer and wine!!

You ain't seen nothing yet.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Feck there are some dark clouds about! Nothing will be on the scale as to how people lived in Galway 20 years ago.. Nor will it be nearly bankrupt like the south nearly was. There will be a dip, an adjustment and eventually things turn.

Lot of people here with a fixed mindset, try a growth mindset for a change..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2016, 07:12:00 PM
Feck there are some dark clouds about! Nothing will be on the scale as to how people lived in Galway 20 years ago.. Nor will it be nearly bankrupt like the south nearly was. There will be a dip, an adjustment and eventually things turn.

Our near bankruptcy was a bank debt issue. We still had, and have, a relatively strong economy.

I think you will have to get the wee 6 to remain in (or effectively remain in as part of some deal) the EU. If that happens things could be better than before as, for example, Belfast could compete with Dublin (as an English speaking city) for the exodus of financials that leave London.

However, if the Tory neanderthals succeed in dragging all of the UK back to the 1970s, it will be more than a 'dip'.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2016, 07:17:52 PM

Our near bankruptcy was a bank debt issue. We still had, and have, a relatively strong economy.

I think you will have to get the wee 6 to remain in (or effectively remain in as part of some deal) the EU. If that happens things could be better than before as, for example, Belfast could compete with Dublin (as an English speaking city) for the exodus of financials that leave London.

However, if the Tory neanderthals succeed in dragging all of the UK back to the 1970s, it will be more than a 'dip'.

Again scaremongering... will never be like the seventies... as for English speaking!! Do me a favour, Holland has better speaking English speakers than Belfast or Dublin!

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2016, 07:29:37 PM

Again scaremongering... will never be like the seventies... as for English speaking!! Do me a favour, Holland has better speaking English speakers than Belfast or Dublin!

See the top of the page. Do you think that is merely a 'dip'? Sterling is performing worse than the Argentine Peso! And that is before they have even decided what to talk about in negotiations, on what Brexit might even look like, sometime next year. This will run and run and run.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2016, 07:37:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2016, 07:29:37 PM

See the top of the page. Do you think that is merely a 'dip'? Sterling is performing worse than the Argentine Peso! And that is before they have even decided what to talk about in negotiations, on what Brexit might even look like, sometime next year. This will run and run and run. .

A bit like WMD

bennydorano

It will run & run, the currency is a political football though. A few weeks of conciliatory media stories & sterling will be back at 1.16 to 1.18, still shit in the grand scheme but the best achievable in the short to medium term.