The summer thread.

Started by Puckoon, April 18, 2011, 09:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Well ladies and gentlemen - she's just around the corner. Summer - the best time of the year.

Time to throw the golf sticks in the boot and keep them there til late november, so they can be ready at a moments notice that the boss is leaving the office.

Time to pack away the snow boots, the scarves and wolly hats - and the big heavy jackets.

Time to take the ice scrapper of the floor of the passenger seat and back into the boot where it belongs.

Time to get the grill scrapped down and ready for another 5 months of charring marinades and juicy steaks. Or just buy a new one  ;D.

Time to get the fridge re-stocked with plenty of beer and stuff for the cocktails in the summer evenings. Maybe even time to devote an entire fridge to beverages.

Time to get the money on Tyrone for the AISFC, get the trips to the lake organized - maybe a new speedo and plenty of suncream.

Bring it on.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Puckoon

LL - There is more summer skin on show than when the snow is here.

AZOffaly

Summer is class. Long days, Championship Sundays, fresh cut grass, Championship Sundays, Sunny evenings, BBQs and a cold beer. Oh, and Championship Sundays.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

The Worker

near time for the mankini wax.

Orior

Here's a lovely picture of Summer

Summer Wheatly, from the film Napoleon Dynamite
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: Puckoon on April 18, 2011, 09:13:40 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen - she's just around the corner. Summer - the best time of the year.

Time to throw the golf sticks in the boot and keep them there til late november, so they can be ready at a moments notice that the boss is leaving the office.Time to pack away the snow boots, the scarves and wolly hats - and the big heavy jackets.

Time to take the ice scrapper of the floor of the passenger seat and back into the boot where it belongs.

Time to get the grill scrapped down and ready for another 5 months of charring marinades and juicy steaks. Or just buy a new one  ;D.

Time to get the fridge re-stocked with plenty of beer and stuff for the cocktails in the summer evenings. Maybe even time to devote an entire fridge to beverages.

Time to get the money on Tyrone for the AISFC, get the trips to the lake organized - maybe a new speedo and plenty of suncream.

Bring it on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGpwbKpjdtI
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Not sure about summer any more. It's never really all that warm. You spend weeks waiting for it to get slightly warmer than April and before you know it it's September and it's another 10 months til the summer again. Autumn never disappoints.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2011, 11:06:27 PM
Not sure about summer any more. It's never really all that warm. You spend weeks waiting for it to get slightly warmer than April and before you know it it's September and it's another 10 months til the summer again. Autumn never disappoints.

We should sell our May and September to the rich Icelanders.

Fast.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Outdoor music concerts,humid nights, spending time at the lake,bringing home the turf & picking blackberries to make my own homemade jam.

Hopefully it's a long summer for Roscommon GAA.

P.S a better picture of Summer

Summer Glau
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2011, 11:06:27 PM
Been some rain this past 3 summers. April and Spetrmber are generally hard to beat.

Milltown Row2

Two weeks in May, enjoy it when it comes!!

I'll be in Italy enjoying the sun in July, our wet season ???
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: Puckoon on April 18, 2011, 09:13:40 PM

Time to throw the golf sticks in the boot and keep them there til late november, so they can be ready at a moments notice that the boss is leaving the office.

Time to pack away the snow boots, the scarves and wolly hats - and the big heavy jackets.

Bring it on.

Your living in Nevada would you include the burning man festival in your summer to do list?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Aerlik

Cripes but we need rain badly in Perth.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!