2019 Allianz National Hurling League

Started by Mossy Bruce, December 19, 2018, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Laois Rising on March 03, 2019, 10:20:12 AM
https://www.dublincityfm.ie/shows/on-the-ball

They have a sunday sports programme from around 3pm every week. Might have some commentary from the game but with footballers playing I imagine that will get precedence.
Thank you!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Giovanni

I'd imagine Midlands 103 is probably your best bet although as usual Offaly will probably get precedence. Still, it'll keep you informed on what's happening in both matches.

Mossy Bruce

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Quote from: Don Draper on February 25, 2019, 09:19:02 AM
Quote from: redsetanta on February 24, 2019, 11:49:22 PM
You're right. All Offaly can do is decide who they'd rather play. Don't know what I was smoking earlier.
They wont want to lose to Carlow, you can be sure as shit of that. I think Offaly will beat them.

Have to hand it to you, Don... Didn't see Offaly winning that, but it puts Leix through to the quarter finals. I imagine they'll be pushed back now, w/ all the matches postponed, too? Though perhaps not, as it's certain it'll be Laois v Limerick.

Mossy Bruce

Jayz. Offaly were on fire.

We're in the Quarter-finals!  :)
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: burdizzo on March 03, 2019, 03:44:14 PM
...as it's certain it'll be Laois v Limerick.
I'm thrilled Laois are in the quarter-finals but it's going to be brutal against Limerick.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Don Draper

Quote from: Don Draper on February 25, 2019, 09:19:02 AM
Quote from: redsetanta on February 24, 2019, 11:49:22 PM
You're right. All Offaly can do is decide who they'd rather play. Don't know what I was smoking earlier.
They wont want to lose to Carlow, you can be sure as shit of that. I think Offaly will beat them.

Have to hand it to you, Don... Didn't see Offaly winning that, but it puts Leix through to the quarter finals. I imagine they'll be pushed back now, w/ all the matches postponed, too? Though perhaps not, as it's certain it'll be Laois v Limerick.
The MLR fella who bawls his face off in that AIB advert came out with some guff last year about Carlow being 10 points better than Offaly. This was Offaly's only opportunity to ram those words down their throats in 2019 (prior to an unconfirmed relegation final).  Offaly might be shite, but they're still a proud county of ignorant f**kers. No way was that slight going unpunished. I'd have put my house on it.

Don Draper

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on March 03, 2019, 04:08:52 PM
I'm thrilled Laois are in the quarter-finals but it's going to be brutal against Limerick.
It is what it is Moss. Better this than the alternative.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Don Draper on March 03, 2019, 04:39:06 PM
Yep. I totally agree.

Enough about the Biffos, it sounds like the lads of Laois put it up to the Dubs: https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/gaelic-games/367277/herculian-laois-effort-comes-up-short-against-dublin-in-nhl-division-1b.html

By the way, I have to say the Leinster Express (@Express_Sport) does a great match commentary via Twitter. Good stuff!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Don Draper

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on March 03, 2019, 05:21:15 PM
Yep. I totally agree.

Enough about the Biffos, it sounds like the lads of Laois put it up to the Dubs: https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/gaelic-games/367277/herculian-laois-effort-comes-up-short-against-dublin-in-nhl-division-1b.html

By the way, I have to say the Leinster Express (@Express_Sport) does a great match commentary via Twitter. Good stuff!
Aye Rory will be missed when he goes

Jd

I think the management deserve credit for the way the team are playing. They fight for every ball and look that they really want to play for Laois. There are probably better players in the county but not many with more heart. A huge improvement from last year I think

burdizzo

Quite right - well said. Furthermore, they obviously approached the game as a 'must win', and not a damage limitation exercise.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on March 03, 2019, 07:47:19 PM
Yep. I totally agree.

Ah no, where's he going?

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on March 03, 2019, 08:43:39 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on March 03, 2019, 07:47:19 PM
Yep. I totally agree.

Ah no, where's he going?
They're advertising for a sports editor, I believe he's starting a new career.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 08, 2019, 10:39:11 AM
I wouldn't be at all shocked if Carlow end up v Laois/Offaly in the relegation play off.

You heard it here first (after Carlow-Galway drew)
Sounds like a right gutsy performance from Laois today.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......