Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: burdizzo on October 11, 2022, 10:31:45 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on October 11, 2022, 09:32:00 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on October 11, 2022, 07:19:30 AM
Quote from: Main Street on October 11, 2022, 12:30:49 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on October 10, 2022, 06:34:17 PM
I think the Russians hit mainly bridges, government buildings (inc. SBU HQ), power networks, railways, etc.

Anyway, Irish nationalists also justified hitting fellow-Irishmen back a few decades ago, did they not? So, nothing unique there.
Think better, or just another useful idiot.

Honestly? I think the useful idiots are those peddling the mainstream narrative. Amazing how gullible some people are.

"The Mainstream narrative"

You obviously can see the full picture better than the rest of us "sheeple"

Laois Mick Wallace

Nah - Mick Wallace is a fool.

By the way, I don't claim to see the full picture, at all. However, what most people gladly lap up every day is so slanted, it's not funny. And that applies to more than just Ukraine, as well.

no point giving any counter points on this thread...  and don't even try and point out all the hypocrisy of  europe/US  it doesn't matter... nato never bombed anyone into the stone age, Iraq never happened, Yemen, afganistan, Palestine don't exist... suicide bombs are now a good thing..

Armagh18

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on October 11, 2022, 10:44:33 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on October 11, 2022, 10:31:45 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on October 11, 2022, 09:32:00 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on October 11, 2022, 07:19:30 AM
Quote from: Main Street on October 11, 2022, 12:30:49 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on October 10, 2022, 06:34:17 PM
I think the Russians hit mainly bridges, government buildings (inc. SBU HQ), power networks, railways, etc.

Anyway, Irish nationalists also justified hitting fellow-Irishmen back a few decades ago, did they not? So, nothing unique there.
Think better, or just another useful idiot.

Honestly? I think the useful idiots are those peddling the mainstream narrative. Amazing how gullible some people are.

"The Mainstream narrative"

You obviously can see the full picture better than the rest of us "sheeple"

Laois Mick Wallace

Nah - Mick Wallace is a fool.

By the way, I don't claim to see the full picture, at all. However, what most people gladly lap up every day is so slanted, it's not funny. And that applies to more than just Ukraine, as well.

no point giving any counter points on this thread...  and don't even try and point out all the hypocrisy of  europe/US  it doesn't matter... nato never bombed anyone into the stone age, Iraq never happened, Yemen, afganistan, Palestine don't exist... suicide bombs are now a good thing..
NATO and the US are a shower of bastards. Russia are too. 

Milltown Row2

Its a good thing we don't have a say in things from a global power base... We don't even like our own never mind other countries!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

The Russians haven't the resources to carry on. If they fired missiles at the rate they did yesterday then they would be out of stock in a month and they cannot make new ones at an appropriate rate. They killed a few harmless civilians, but did little damage to Ukraine's military capacity and they ensured that the Germans sent anti aircraft guns more quickly than they would otherwise have done.
Some of the Russian troops that are surrendering to the Ukrainians were only conscripted 11 days ago and had one day's training, while others were given the choice of going to the front or to jail for non violent crimes.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on October 11, 2022, 01:17:20 PM
The Russians haven't the resources to carry on. If they fired missiles at the rate they did yesterday then they would be out of stock in a month and they cannot make new ones at an appropriate rate. They killed a few harmless civilians, but did little damage to Ukraine's military capacity and they ensured that the Germans sent anti aircraft guns more quickly than they would otherwise have done.
Some of the Russian troops that are surrendering to the Ukrainians were only conscripted 11 days ago and had one day's training, while others were given the choice of going to the front or to jail for non violent crimes.
The Russians expected a quick war. This didn't happen.

Main Street

Russia has a shit  for brains army, but blame Nato for its own failures  ;D
The Ukraine Army beat the crap out of the supposedly crack 431 parachute regiment  at that airfield outside Kiev in February. For the first time ever that 'elite' 431 were absent from the much vaunted Moscow parade. Where is that regiment now, nobody knows.  The next to be vanquished was the elite 451 Kremlin Tank Guard,  battered in Buchu and later again later in the Kherson offensive.
Russia can only terrorise, they are militarily deficient in tactics, strategy and equipment. They have a military thoroughly riddled with corruption, a command structure riddled with corruption.
The shit for brains Russian Army have only one offensive tactic, WW1 mindless artillery bombing and then send in the cannon fodder conscripts. The Kremlin doesn't give a damn for these conscripts, no kit, no training, no pay and most grievously no Lada post mortem. How this lying sack of a shit regime somehow manages to have supporters in Ireland is beyond me. However I do recall there was an Irish branch of the Albanian communist party( all praise Enver Hoxha).  As to Mick, Clare and Ming -   cadres with no scruples, no rationality, no compassion, but most probably a healthy Kremlin supplemented  bank account (somewhere),  with a flush balance not seen since the  days of Marxist Leninist Official  Sinn Fein - the Workers Party and a man called Prionsias. A political party which magically dissipated from the stage when the USSR was dissolved.

That Russia will be thoroughly defeated on the battlefield is only a matter of time, it's what happens after that defeat is the unknown.

PadraicHenryPearse

Mick, Claire, the Pope want peace, you want more war and they are the ones with no compassion!!!

Should we pump billions of funds and arms to the Palestinians, to yeman.. Why haven't we?   or are we (europe) still just 'concerned' and calling for 'restraint and deescalation'.. 

Eire90

irsp tankie types who claim to be irish patriots would probably welcome a russian invasion of ireland.

Rossfan

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on October 12, 2022, 08:51:23 AM
Mick, Claire,  want peace

On what terms?
A 2022 version of Munich 1938?
First they came for Ukraine......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

burdizzo

Quote from: Rossfan on October 12, 2022, 10:16:17 AM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on October 12, 2022, 08:51:23 AM
Mick, Claire,  want peace

On what terms?
A 2022 version of Munich 1938?
First they came for Ukraine......

On what terms?? You do know there were very generous terms on offer to Ukraine right at the start of all this, terms that didn't involve the ceding of territory? And that it was NATO - or more specifically, Boris Johnson - who insisted Ukraine reject them, and fight? (And, by the way, the British are supposed to have been the ones 'helping' with the Crimean bridge bombing. Which also indiscriminately killed innocent civilians?)
Anyway, as I said before here, it 'amazes' me how the EU and Britain are happy to pump a heap of money, equipment, expertise, and more into a blood and soil nationalist struggle, when they'd decry and suppress such sentiments at home. But, obviously, Ukraine has a lot of resources we want, so normal rules are suspended.
And, no - there's NO evidence that Putin wants to "reconquer" the old Eastern Bloc areas, and such scaremongering is only a weak justification for keeping the war going. Personally, I think it's appalling that we are happy to see Ukrainians slaughtered fighting Russia on behalf of NATO - and, believe me, they are the ones getting slaughtered, no matter what gains they are making at the moment, temporary, or otherwise.

Rossfan

You might link a few respectable media articles to those "generous terms that didn't involve ceding territory".
I note you still didn't condemn or criticise the invasion of a sovereign Country by Putin's Russia.

burdizzo

Quote from: Rossfan on October 12, 2022, 11:32:44 AM
You might link a few respectable media articles to those "generous terms that didn't involve ceding territory".
I note you still didn't condemn or criticise the invasion of a sovereign Country by Putin's Russia.

What do call 'respectable'? Nearly all western media sources are agenda-driven and full of crap. Don't get me wrong - it's the same with Russia and their media. I also am well aware that Putin is not our friend, either, and that he's also an opportunist with an agenda. You know, it's basically two imperialistic power-blocs clashing, and Ukraine are the ones caught in the middle. All I'm saying is that there was an opportunity for a de-escalation, and no one took it. And, apparently, still no one takes it.

As for condemning Russia - who cares if I do or not? Do you condemn the shelling of Donetsk by Ukrainian forces from 2014, or the western-backed coup, or NATO's expansionist tendencies, or blah de blah? Who cares if you do or not. We're (presumably) nobodies. But I will say - just because the west hides its lies better than Russia, it doesn't mean they're any the less malevolent.

Main Street

Pavel Gubarev, Russia's "DPR" figure in Donetsk, states their intent towards Ukrainians: "We aren't coming to kill you, but to convince you. But if you don't want to be convinced, we'll kill you. We'll kill as many as we have to: 1 million, 5 million, or exterminate all of you."

Yes indeed  ::)

Rossfan

Would that be part of Burdy's "generous terms" ::)

Main Street

The Kremlin (aka that esteemed anti-nazi & anti-fascist state ::))has added Meta, the company that owns Facebook and Instagram, to a list of terrorist and extremist organisations on Oct.11'.
'Also undetermined is whether WhatsApp is covered by the designation. The most widely used messaging app in Russia would be banned, effectively cutting off the population from the external world.' 'Russia has imposed restrictions on Twitter.'
'Russian opposition parties are among the additional organisations on the list.'
https://www.kyivpost.com/russia/russia-lists-meta-as-extremist-terrorist.html

In other news
Kyiv region's residents reported that the Russian occupiers had mined a beehive but the bees saved the people. After opening the hive's lid, there was no explosion, because in six months the bees filled the igniters with honey and the pins did not pop out.