Memroable sitcom sketches

Started by brokencrossbar1, October 20, 2009, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Watching Fork Handles on the youtube thread brought back great memories of different sketches that I love to watch.  What would othe rpeople's favourites be?  I am not talking about shows, simply sketches as a part of a show.

I love the Fork handles obviously and Del Boy falling through the bar in Only Fools. 

Aerlik

The recent one for me was in Two and a half men, when Charlie and Alan have to pretend to be gay lovers.  Fcukin class.  Love that show. 

And when Charlie went to meet an ex who turned out to have had a sex change afterwards.  Then the mother shags him/her/it.  Brilliant
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Bensars

Fr Ted with the Hitler tash
Del boy and the blow up dolls
Faulty Towers with basil and tony o reilly ?  the irish builder

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Bensars on October 20, 2009, 01:19:54 PM
Fr Ted with the Hitler tash
Del boy and the blow up dolls
Faulty Towers with basil and tony o connor ?  the irish builder
Mr O'Reilly was the inept builder, played by David Kelly.

Orior

Anything from "The Office"
Anything from "Alan Partridge"

Everything else is a pale shadow
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Doogie Browser

Dads Army - 'Don't tell him your name Pike'!!
Blackadder - Lord Flashheart (Rik Mayall) 'Woof, woof'
OFAH - The one where del Boy takes the tart to the Opera.

Plenty more also, Orior you need to get out more! (edit: should that be sit in more??!)

DownFanatic

David Brent grabbing his guitar and bursting into song during a staff training day in the Office. Gareth actually makes this scene with his contribution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JitDWQI9qc

redhandloo

OFAH: Del and Rodney chatting up two girls in a nightclub with Rodney going under the guise of a pro tennis player.  Girl asks Rodney: "do you prefer grass or astroturf?".  To which Rodney replies "I don't know, I've never smoked astroturf!!"
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Gnevin

Does sitcom sketches make sense?  Surely you have sketches like the two Ronnies or trigger happy and then you've sitcom moments like Father Ted ,Faulty Towers etc.

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Orior on October 20, 2009, 01:31:03 PM

brilliant show, wish they would start showing it again
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Harold Disgracey

Really looking forward to the new series of The Thick of It which starts this weekend. Malcolm Tucker could give swearing lessons to Gordon Ramsey.
Tucker's Law: "If some **** can f**k something up, that **** will pick the worst possible time to f**king f**k it up cause that ****'s a ****."
I believe The Thick of It employs a special swearing consultant to add additional profanity! Now there's a great job!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 20, 2009, 02:13:47 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 20, 2009, 01:31:03 PM

brilliant show, wish they would start showing it again
Coogan said recently that a Partridge movie will happen.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 20, 2009, 02:36:16 PM
Really looking forward to the new series of The Thick of It which starts this weekend. Malcolm Tucker could give swearing lessons to Gordon Ramsey.
Tucker's Law: "If some **** can f**k something up, that **** will pick the worst possible time to f**king f**k it up cause that ****'s a ****."
I believe The Thick of It employs a special swearing consultant to add additional profanity! Now there's a great job!
Great shout Harold, looking forward to it.

theskull1

seen the thread title and thought of fork handles :)

Anybody watch jack and victor on Still Game? Great sitcom

They did chewin the fat as well which was a sketch show.

Do a youtube search for taysiders in space

Set fazers to malchie
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Drumanee 1

the chandelier scene from only fools has to be one of the funniest thing i have ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLy5sP4gl1g

brace yourself rodney :D