Connacht Senior Championship 2018

Started by Rossfan, May 02, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Galway won in spite of Kevin Walsh.
Overall they have better players than Roscommon, but were not allowed to play football.
Galway management can say it was part of some plan. Bullshit.

Roscommon kicked some really bad wides in second half, and yet they were a point up in 62 minute,
Think they had another goal chance after that.

Just a quick word on Coldrick, a disaster. Anybody see phantom free / point in 38th minute for Roscommon,
A number of his decisions were baffling.

JoG2

Quote from: joemamas on June 17, 2018, 06:17:55 PM
Overall they have better players than Roscommon, but were not allowed to play football.

Roscommon kicked some really bad wides in second half, and yet they were a point up in 62 minute,

Just a quick word on Coldrick, a disaster. Anybody see phantom free / point in 38th minute for Roscommon,

Did he not manage them for the 2nd half?

Flynn and S Walsh were top drawer today.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 17, 2018, 06:02:05 PM
That was a mighty win considering we had to overcome our own dismal first half tactics which put us in a hole and twice come from behind. I almost pulled my hair out when I saw us sitting back with a big wind at our backs. Shane Walsh was imperious. Everyone knows he has that talent. Just has to produce it more often.

Anyway, more later after a drink.
Fully agree, I was fit to be tied at HT - pints later after a drive home though!!

GalwayBayBoy

Yeah he gave Roscommon a free against Wynne in the 2nd half that they scored. Was never a foul in a million years. Also didn't give Comer a free in the first half when he clearly had his arm pulled back while shooting. Had we lost by a point or two I'd probably be as angry with him as I was with Kevin Walsh at half-time.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 17, 2018, 06:26:15 PM

Yeah he gave Roscommon a free against Wynne in the 2nd half that they scored. Was never a foul in a million years. Also didn't give Comer a free in the first half when he clearly had his arm pulled back while shooting. Had we lost by a point or two I'd probably be as angry with him as I was with Kevin Walsh at half-time.
Nailed on penalty for Roscommon not given too
Galway got away with fouls at midfield on kickouts for the whole game - what game was he watching! The fouling was obvious!

Kurtz

Quote from: larryin89 on June 17, 2018, 05:51:54 PM
Roscommon are in a bad place and all the bravado from posters in here cant paper over that.  Very limited side  overall.
dont you mean connacht
its been painful to watch for years

Itchy

I thought Coldrick was very good and is one of the best out there and that's something from a cavan man to a Meath man. He have one or two frees wrong, that's all. Jesus he is human. He got the big calls right.

Maroon Manc

Appalling 1st half but very good second half. Delighted to get the win considering what we were faced with at half time. There was nothing intensive about that 1st half, it was pathetic.

I'm laughing at the suggestion Coldrick favoured Galway, one of those early frees for Roscommon against Sean Andy looked very very soft and Donie Smith took a long time before hopping the ball for his score and Comer was clearly fouled late in the first half and thats before Roscommon's only point of the 2nd half is mentioned which was the most ridiculous of the lot. Would have to watch it again though.

Galway hit 16 scores to their 8, its a conclusive stat.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Connacht titles are valued in Ros mar an rud is annamh is íontach.  They have to get over the rhubarbs and the herrins. A team of heron chokers has to be good to beat the rhubarbs.  So Ros have to be good to best them. And that is not easy .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Laoiseabu

Orchard park

Shane Walsh  gave the championship performance he has threatened for years. He deserves now to be mentioned in the same breath as the Master.... but wtf  were the 3 lugs on the Rosvommon sideline doing giving him the freedom of the park. All defensive focus seemed to be Comer with  walsh and to a lesser extent totally  ignored.

Flynn looked like s footballer today .... lucky to stay on though.......

Kyne fouled murtsgh in a rugby tackle for the  high ball lavelle won in first half........

But better team won....... Roscommon subs bewildering......

charlieTully

Quote from: Laoiseabu on June 17, 2018, 07:28:05 PM
Syferus is fairly quiet tonight

I was actually cheering on the rossiez then I remembered that cnut and promptly changed my mind.

Syferus

The difference in our composure on the ball between the two halves was hard to understand, we forced too many shots. I think losing Compton was massive in that it forced Enda into a more typical midfield role and destabilised a midfield that was dominating Galway. I hope he's fit for the next game.

Galway just about deserved it based on how wasteful we were in the second half. But as I suspected there was never much between these two sides, the same as it has generally been for many years now. Walsh probably had his best performance in a senior jersey today.

We have to dust ourselves down and come again - we gave Galway their fill despite our mistakes so if we have the right mindset this won't be the final word in our season. No matter who we get in Round 4 we should be winning it if we clean up our errors today and keep the same level of defensive discipline. Getting to the Super 8s opens up the season again and brings with it a lot of experience that will serve this team well in the years ahead.

Diarmuid Murtagh did not deserve to be on the losing side today. Pure class.

An Fhairche Abu

Galway played fairly shite and won, absolutely dreadful in the first half Walsh aside. Rossies went to pieces when Galway put on a modicum of pressure in the 2nd half.
Compton going off was a pivotal moment for Roscommon, destroyed at midfield afterwards.
The Rossie fans behind the Galway goals chanting "Rory, Rory, Rory" at Lavelle for the entire 1st half are a stain on the nature of good sportsmanship, delighted to see Roscommon beaten if for nothing else than to shut those idiots up.
Brannigan, Comer not in it at all, Flynn excellent for the most part. Shane Walsh was imperious and the standout player by a country mile, no one else on the pitch to touch him.