Flybe

Started by Sportacus, January 13, 2020, 06:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 05, 2020, 01:25:02 PM
Has anyone had any luck doing this?

passengers who had bought a ticket using a credit or debit card may be able to get their money back.

They should contact their card provider and seek a chargeback to their account, if it is possible at this point.

On my list for things to do tomorrow!

delgany

You need to put your charge back claim in within 14 days of contacting your bank .

Hound

Remembered this evening that it was Revolut I used to pay for my flybe flights. So I've completed their online chargeback request. Now to await their response!

lurganblue

This is some hit for Belfast City Airport alright.  I wonder will another airline step in to fill the void?  a city the size of Belfast operating two airports still seems silly though.  One decent one would do...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on March 06, 2020, 10:18:17 AM
This is some hit for Belfast City Airport alright.  I wonder will another airline step in to fill the void?  a city the size of Belfast operating two airports still seems silly though.  One decent one would do...

Used Flybe for 7 months every Monday to Manchester and home again on the Friday, was a brilliant service with no delays of any note to think off, staff were brilliant and the flights that I took those days were always filled. All those commuters will be hugely put out by this I'd imagine.

I see the need though to keep a City airport but should be mainly for UK destinations only
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

The problem I saw with flybe was that it had services to some obsecure places in the UK. The belfast city was one of the most profitable hubs. 1000s of people flying out / commuting to UK weekly .
Logan air taking in 16 routes now

RedHand88

Quote from: lurganblue on March 06, 2020, 10:18:17 AM

The problem is that the decent one will be the one to close and that hole 20mile from Belfast with no rail links will now be Belfasts only airport.

seafoid

FlyBE only had 3 Public Service Obligations compared to 22 for Air France. These compensate airlines for routes that are socially important but unprofitable.

A Virgin consortium.bought the airline for £2 in 2018 and mortgaged everything.

Very UK capitalism to let it collapse.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

delgany

Easyjet flights from Edinburgh to Belfast overbooked and sold out . One flight sitting at £149 for tomorrow. Ryanair to Dublin €229!

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Franko on January 14, 2020, 04:24:54 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 14, 2020, 12:11:50 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 13, 2020, 07:07:35 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on January 13, 2020, 06:29:13 PM
Love them or loathe them, the implications are pretty severe if Flybe disappear.  2 out of 3 flights out of Belfast City and mostly people doing business.  Is there a Plan B?

Dublin

Easyjet out of the not so easy Aldergrove.

With their DUP connections it pains me to say this, but they seem to have got their act together recently.  Been through it weekly since beginning of December and max wait at security has been about 10 minutes.

Was through right the way through Aldergrove in around 5 minutes flat this morning, although it was at 6 am! Stayed in the Maldron overnight for first time, which made the very early start slightly easier.

Milltown Row2

BA looks like it could go under, along with the rest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2020, 07:13:39 PM
BA looks like it could go under, along with the rest
Where can you bet on it?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ball Hopper

Milltown Row2

Dublin airport closed?