The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Strangely enough, a bit with Sid on this. That superannuated old fossil Aliss aside, Beeb coverage isn't actually all that bad. They're taking the feed from the host networks so have no control over what footage they show. With Sky, it's usually only the leaders / marquee players you see; that and half the time cutting to the studio, watching David Livingstone glancing sideways at the camera, Butch boasting about all the players he's worked with, Paul McGinley saying "Yeah" every second word and Tim on the touch screen boring the pants off everyone going interminably through a player's round. No, I don't miss it at all.

thebigfella

Quote from: mouview on August 11, 2017, 12:17:36 AM
Strangely enough, a bit with Sid on this. That superannuated old fossil Aliss aside, Beeb coverage isn't actually all that bad. They're taking the feed from the host networks so have no control over what footage they show. With Sky, it's usually only the leaders / marquee players you see; that and half the time cutting to the studio, watching David Livingstone glancing sideways at the camera, Butch boasting about all the players he's worked with, Paul McGinley saying "Yeah" every second word and Tim on the touch screen boring the pants off everyone going interminably through a player's round. No, I don't miss it at all.

So do sky........

Boycey

Dunno what BBC showed but I watched the American coverage (TNT) and McIlroys group was the mainstay of their coverage..

I really don't get criticism of Sky's golf coverage either to me it's simply the best there is. They have it down to a fine art at this stage.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 10, 2017, 06:34:35 PM
Fcuk this BBC coverage is absolutely sh1te :-\

At least there is no Ad breaks every 20 mins.  Do miss Wayne Riley on the course.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

TheOptimist

Quote from: Boycey on August 11, 2017, 07:57:26 AM
Dunno what BBC showed but I watched the American coverage (TNT) and McIlroys group was the mainstay of their coverage..

I really don't get criticism of Sky's golf coverage either to me it's simply the best there is. They have it down to a fine art at this stage.

Had it on the iplayer from 7 til the end. It was the TNT coverage I was watching I think.

Applesisapples

BBC was rubbish, no HD until 11. Sky use NBC/Golf Channel I think, but it is still better than TNT/BBC. Maureen Madill called Ricky Fowler on the 4th tee, even though shed just commented on him and McIlroy putting on the 4th Green. Absolute crap, I like Allis but he's lost it now. Sky does it much better with the Sky Cart etc. I agree that McGinnley can grate especially as he is in love with Rory. But still on the whole a better watch.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on August 11, 2017, 07:57:26 AM

A lot of people don't like Sky at all, because of Murdoch etc. So nothing they do is any good no matter what.

Boycey

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 11, 2017, 12:51:44 PM
BBC was rubbish, no HD until 11. Sky use NBC/Golf Channel I think, but it is still better than TNT/BBC. Maureen Madill called Ricky Fowler on the 4th tee, even though shed just commented on him and McIlroy putting on the 4th Green. Absolute crap, I like Allis but he's lost it now. Sky does it much better with the Sky Cart etc. I agree that McGinnley can grate especially as he is in love with Rory. But still on the whole a better watch.

Sky also use whoever the host broadcaster is, this week its TNT on Thurs/Fri with CBS taking over the main coverage at the weekend. I thought TNTs coverage last night was pretty decent. Irelands Shane O'Donoghue was one of their on course reporters last night and while he's no Radar he's pretty good.

WT4E

is there anywhere to watch golf on mobdro at the minute?

Gabriel_Hurl

Canadian channels TSN1 and TSN5 are following 2 feature groups

TSN1 has Rose, Kuchar and Kirk
TSN5 has Rory, Rickie and Rahm

WT4E

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 11, 2017, 02:33:47 PM
Canadian channels TSN1 and TSN5 are following 2 feature groups

TSN1 has Rose, Kuchar and Kirk
TSN5 has Rory, Rickie and Rahm

Perfect! Got it. Cheers

Boycey

Rory's absolutely killing it off the tee at present if he can just sharpen his short iron game.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Boycey on August 11, 2017, 03:22:52 PM
Rory's absolutely killing it off the tee at present if he can just sharpen his short iron game.
His iron play is absolutely terrible when you consider where he is hitting his drives - even par for the round so far is a poor return

Gabriel_Hurl

Milltown Row2

The coverage is fine... even this early Kisner would be unlucky not to win...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea