TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Shane Lowry documentary on RTE last night was very good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: Orior on December 29, 2019, 07:03:13 PM
Did anyone watch David Brent? Same old jokes, but if you're a fan then it was still quite funny.

Seen it a while ago. It was alright, but not as good as The Office.

He's a naive, pathetic sort of character, wanting to be liked and making daft decisions, but you can't help routing for him. You hope he sorts thing out in the end.

BennyCake

Gavin and Stacey, anyone?

I thought it was disappointing. They were trying to squeeze a lot in in 1 hour, as there was 10 years to be filled in on. In the end, nothing of note really took place.

I'm wondering with the ending, if there's another special planned for next Xmas. If not, it's a poor way to end the whole thing on.

Boycey

I quite enjoyed it, superbly written as usual. We even nearly found out what happened on the fishing trip...

imtommygunn

Brydon is usually hilarious but overplayed things a bit this time I thought. Ruth Jones is hilarious in that show. Corden is one of those guys you want to not like but he is gifted.

tbrick18

I thought Gavin and Stacey was excellent myself.

Watched the new series of Lost in Space on Netflix. Really enjoyed it.

lurganblue

Finished Mandalorian last night.  I thought the whole series was excellent.  Particularly enjoyed the prison ship episode.  Looking forward to the next series already.

Anyone watch Dracula on BBC1 last night? I still haven't made up my mind whether I liked it or thought it was shocking...

Taylor

Never watched Gavin & Stacey before but enjoyed the Xmas special.
Your big woman that proposed at the end is probably the best character for me.

Dont f**k with the cats on Netflix - Jesus H Christ. Dont know where to start on it. Absolutely bonkers - and that is just the ones chasing the guy online.

Have started the second series of You - a decent watch following on from the first series

BennyCake

Watched G&S again other night. On second viewing, was very disappointing.

Reminded me of the last few specials of the Royle Family. While some good bits, they were poor in comparison to earlier series.

Sometimes things should be just left alone. Ricky Gervais' shows seemed to know when to bow out at the right time.

Tony Baloney

If it's your thing "Dracula" on BBC was good craic.

bennydorano

3 episodes into Messiah on Netflix, really interesting, lot of potential.

Main Street

I finished Lorena last night,  a 4 x 1 hour documentary.
Lorena Bobbit that is, those old enough need no more prompting because most everbody on this planet and others around the universe  have  heard about the bould Lorena.  It could easily have been edited to 3 hours, but overall a worthwhile dramatic window into a slice of social history.
It's fair to boil it down to,  males reacted to the actual chop, females wondered what must have happened to her in order for her to resort to the final solution.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Main Street on January 02, 2020, 10:06:08 PM
Lorena Bobbit that is, those old enough need no more prompting because most everbody on this planet and others around the universe  have  heard about the bould Lorena.  It could easily have been edited to 3 hours, but overall a worthwhile dramatic window into a slice of social history.
It's fair to boil it down to,  males reacted to the actual chop, females wondered what must have happened to her in order for her to resort to the final solution.

Jaysus I can't imagine ever wanting to watch that.
I've already thought about it enough for today after reading your post!
Hasta la victoria siempre

tbrick18

Quote from: Main Street on January 02, 2020, 10:06:08 PM

If memory serves, didn't she throw it out the car window?
I'm I imagining it, or did he get "it" sewn back on?
Pour auld John Wayne.

Square Ball

Yeah from memory he got it showed back on 🤯😢, did he also star in an "adult film" after the incident?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid