Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

I'm on the right side of centre from a political viewpoint , but not wedded to a particular party. Would probably have given most no1s to FG during my voting career.
Can't believe a sensible poster like BCB is defending this wench's claim.
It's risible

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hound on May 24, 2019, 09:02:42 PM
I'm on the right side of centre from a political viewpoint , but not wedded to a particular party. Would probably have given most no1s to FG during my voting career.
It's risible

I am not defending her claim. I agreed on the specific case that there were issues with it. In a general sense though I find the attack on the 'Claim culture' very wrong.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 25, 2019, 02:17:47 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 24, 2019, 09:02:42 PM
It's risible

I am not defending her claim. I agreed on the specific case that there were issues with it. In a general sense though I find the attack on the 'Claim culture' very wrong.
There's a shock  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: five points on May 25, 2019, 08:41:45 AM
Significant twist this morning. https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/td-bailey-ran-10km-race-three-weeks-after-swing-fall-38146778.html

Well I've no sympathy for her being vilified then. This sort of shit is what causes the kick back against the thousands of legitimate claims that are dealt with year on year. She deserves all the criticism she is getting. This does not take away from my main point though.

RedHand88

Sure exercise helps with the pain  ::)

lfdown2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 25, 2019, 10:34:04 AM
Quote from: five points on May 25, 2019, 08:41:45 AM
Significant twist this morning. https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/td-bailey-ran-10km-race-three-weeks-after-swing-fall-38146778.html

Well I've no sympathy for her being vilified then. This sort of shit is what causes the kick back against the thousands of legitimate claims that are dealt with year on year. She deserves all the criticism she is getting. This does not take away from my main point though.

Setting aside the recent development, would you consider this a legitimate claim, (while conceding you may not have all the detai)l? Surely the duty of care should start with the individual, Christ she was on a swing!! And while this may be a particularly extreme case do people no longer take responsibility for their own actions. In the instance of the soft play areas, I listened to an owner on Matt Cooper who provided some examples of claims which were in my view the parents taking advantage of the situation (and these were not life long or life changing injuries). As someone who works in the field have you seen an increase in business? I would also agree that insurance companies are using the narrative to their advantage.

general_lee

Is this not one of those gimmick type swings you get in nightclubs rather than one you'd get in a play park? I think Ollies in Belfast have one... the brass neck of your woman, then again she is Fine Gael so there is no surprise there. Rejected the hotels cheque to cover medical costs. I'm all for people seeking compensation they are entitled to but when it's a result of their own clumsiness or idiocy I have no sympathy

Rudi

Hound

Well it was completely fraudulent, so fair play to the media for sorting her out.

Alan Farrell FG TD also had a fraudulent claim recently. Judge said he totally exaggerated his injuries and he was caught up ladders putting up posters when he was supposed to be crippled with pain. But judge still gave him 2,500 (he was looking for 15k)

Of course the solicitors encourage this.  More cases. More fees. No brainer.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rudi on May 25, 2019, 10:27:46 PM
Where o where is Brokencrossbar?

I'm here....I said that there were problems with her case and as soon as I heard about her running 3 weeks after the fall it was quite obvious she was bluffing. I have issues with how the MSM portray people making claims but I am happy when they expose shit like this.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B