Please let this be the new united shirt!!

Started by blewuporstuffed, March 27, 2009, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Manchester United may go retro with new kit
Manchester United players could be looking for summer transfers if these leaked photos of their 2009/10 prototype kits get the go-ahead.

New kit designs for Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea and Manchester United have been published on The Spoiler and early indications suggest it is United's players who could come off worst.

Designers of the white and red away shirts have used a lace-up collar to finish the neckline similar to that last seen on their green and yellow shirts in the mid-1990s . The second effort is kinder on the eye, with a '60s feel about it.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

full back

Couldnt be right, could it??
Fcuk they are brutal
Where are the sponsors?

Galwaybhoy

I think the home one is nice enough once you get used to the white arrow shaped line.

By the way, I don't think either will be the Man U jersey next season, I wouldn't believe it for a second.

blewuporstuffed

no sponsor confirmed yet, but supposedly will be saudi telecoom taking over from AIG like on the second shirt
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Decent looking jersey there from the scousers
Who the fcuk designed Utd's?

EC Unique

Without the white arrow the red one in nice but the white one is brutal :-X

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Probably bullshit anyway..

I think the red one is quality actually.

A Quinn Martin Production

Look a bit like some old rugby league shirts I remember from the Eddie Waring days
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on March 27, 2009, 09:22:42 AM

You are living in the past, anything retro gets the thumbs up from you...

take_yer_points

Does Man U's sponsorship with AIG not continue until 2010? As far as I know that's the case and AIG have stated they won't be looking to end that sponsorship early.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: take_yer_points on March 27, 2009, 09:38:32 AM
Does Man U's sponsorship with AIG not continue until 2010? As far as I know that's the case and AIG have stated they won't be looking to end that sponsorship early.

AIG have told employees to stop wearing their logo... Thats how embarassed they are by the name...

take_yer_points

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 27, 2009, 09:39:21 AM
Quote from: take_yer_points on March 27, 2009, 09:38:32 AM

AIG have told employees to stop wearing their logo... Thats how embarassed they are by the name...

That's understandable!! However, just found this:

"AIG inked a $100 million sponsorship deal with the English soccer powerhouse in 2006. The company has said it won't renew that deal in 2010 when it ends, but also indicated it would not leave the sponsorship pact early. AIG's logo is prominent on Manchester United's uniforms."

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2009/03/23/daily45.html

So I doubt if Man U will be wearing anything to do with Saudi Telecom on their "uniforms" next season.

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 27, 2009, 09:34:03 AM
Quote from: corn02 on March 27, 2009, 09:22:42 AM

You are living in the past, anything retro gets the thumbs up from you...

I am a Liverpool fan after all.

Have I been on about retro stuff to you before?