Co. Board/Garvaghey/Harte etc (A thread for Thebigdog & southtyronegael)

Started by Snapchap, November 28, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Legal action being considered acccording to Irish News a public inquiry needed to unearth the fake emailer.

longballin

Quote from: skeog on December 13, 2017, 09:43:46 AM
Legal action being considered acccording to Irish News a public inquiry needed to unearth the fake emailer.

Common knowledge where that came from and wasn't a player at all. Pure dirty tricks to undermine Roisin

chieftain

Quote from: longballin on December 13, 2017, 09:51:24 AM

Common knowledge where that came from and wasn't a player at all. Pure dirty tricks to undermine Roisin

What was in email?

Ty4Sam

Can I ask if anyone knows the answer to this? Genuinely interested. It was stated last night that HMRC claim that anyone outside Official GAA must pay for the use of Garvaghey hence the ladies must pay. Why or how can the HMRC enforce this? Surely, Tyrone GAA can decide who and how much they charge for use of their facilities?

longballin

Quote from: chieftain on December 13, 2017, 10:21:00 AM
Quote from: longballin on December 13, 2017, 09:51:24 AM

What was in email?

Claiming  to be a player stating that players not being looked after and had to bring money for training equipment...

The Bearded One

Quote from: Ty4Sam on December 13, 2017, 10:38:41 AM
Can I ask if anyone knows the answer to this? Genuinely interested. It was stated last night that HMRC claim that anyone outside Official GAA must pay for the use of Garvaghey hence the ladies must pay. Why or how can the HMRC enforce this? Surely, Tyrone GAA can decide who and how much they charge for use of their facilities?

In the same token why must our clubs pay for the use of the facilities when they sit 'inside' Official GAA?
It is what it is. Presumably.

In hiding

yep. county board could charge the ladies £1 per day if they wanted. Does anyone believe they pay income tax on all the money they collect from the clubs and ladies for hire of the pitches ??

It's a cop out excuse

square_ball

What's the policy in Derry at Owenbeg for example?

redhandefender

a) Club Tyrone is registered as a charity and therefore we benefit from thousands in gift aid paid back from HMRC every year.

b) Given the subsidies involved grants etc I gather we have plenty of tax breaks in our payments to them. They can enforce by cutting these or enforcing by claiming we actually owe them more and hitting them with a bill for unpaid tax.

c) Clubs pay because they are part of Tyrone GAA. They don't have and this could not be legally enforced but I  gather most want to be part of the association and a paying member. I think a few clubs refused to pay in the past but eventually did

Ty4Sam

ladies only

Quote from: redhandefender on December 13, 2017, 12:01:05 PM

a) Club Tyrone is registered as a charity and therefore we benefit from thousands in gift aid paid back from HMRC every year.

b) Given the subsidies involved grants etc I gather we have plenty of tax breaks in our payments to them. They can enforce by cutting these or enforcing by claiming we actually owe them more and hitting them with a bill for unpaid tax.

c) Clubs pay because they are part of Tyrone GAA. They don't have and this could not be legally enforced but I  gather most want to be part of the association and a paying member. I think a few clubs refused to pay in the past but eventually did

Club Tyrone hand over the funds to the Tyrone GAA for use, it is the Tyrone GAA who decide where Club Tyrone money goes or is used, many members of club Tyrone have only realised over the past year that their funds don't cover all the gaels of the county, ie camogs or lady footballers, several have contacted ladies county players about this and will be demanding a % of funds raised goes to ladies and camogs FACT. Clubs are forced to pay to use Garvaghey even though they are members of Tyrone GAA ask any of them who use the facility. FACT

redhandefender

Quote from: ladies only on December 13, 2017, 01:23:52 PM

Club Tyrone hand over the funds to the Tyrone GAA for use, it is the Tyrone GAA who decide where Club Tyrone money goes or is used, many members of club Tyrone have only realised over the past year that their funds don't cover all the gaels of the county, ie camogs or lady footballers, several have contacted ladies county players about this and will be demanding a % of funds raised goes to ladies and camogs FACT. Clubs are forced to pay to use Garvaghey even though they are members of Tyrone GAA ask any of them who use the facility. FACT

Alright Rafa, do you understand the reason as to why they are charged? What is your solution? simple

redhandefender

Quote from: ladies only on December 13, 2017, 01:23:52 PM

And I was talking about annual payments towards the county keeping garvaghey not using the actual field, of course they have to pay. I'm sure several have contacted the the county board and more will because of how the ladies are playing this off in the media.

Tyrone Gaa

Ladies should look to abandon themselves (LGFA) in 2018 and bring a motion to congress requesting come under the GAA umbrella for 2019 with equality at the base of the proposal. Problem solved.

The LGFA charge clubs extortionate affiliation fees compared to the GAA then when the look to use the GAA and have to pay they scream discrimination. Now Tyrone ladies have the begging bowl out looking another handout by clubs regardless if they have a ladies team or not. As a man once said you can't have your cake and eat it.
Living the dream!!!